ADVERTISEMENT

Thinking back to spring practice

Pistol Pete 1

Retired Number
Sep 22, 2008
There was little doubt in my mind that Stanton was the better QB during the spring when the reigns were handed to Rogers, That said I believe that the staff was looking forward to where he would be after another summer in the weight and film rooms as the progress he showed from his first day of practice until then was really quite remarkable. He was so raw coming in and as Bull has said many times "he was nowhere near ready to take the field". Can't wait to see how far he has come.

We know who the top 2 RB's are going into the first game but I really think that X is gonna push hard for some carries. He looked like he had gotten quicker and was definitely displaying more evasive moves than before. Also want to get a look at the freshman out of Sacramento Tariq Hollandsworth, not to mention a couple of the small quick guys they brought in that could turn a game around with a punt or kick off return.

Hope that the reports are accurate regarding the DL that we are getting out of the papers and twitter because it just wasn't looking good in the spring.

Please tell me they taught Hough how to turn and look for the ball.

Bull & I will have a kicking game update after warm-ups of the Howard game.

Go Rebels!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT