ADVERTISEMENT

The Offence vs Boise

1Tripoda

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Aug 13, 2009
Starting with the deferment of the ball after winning the coin toss. I thought our offence was uncharastic and hurried. The coaches knew that Boise offence is pound and ground against our thin DL line. What they did not expect was the crazy plays on offence by Boise. It works every time. Flea Flicker? Really?

Last edited:
This game loss is entirely on the Coaches.
I saw tons of players in the defensive side just not making plays. Not making tackles. Getting absolutely lost in coverage.

To me it look like they hedged towards making Green beat them (he's inconsistent with the pass) by trying to slow the run. It backfired. Green made nearly every pass and then his big run. Perhaps they shouldn’t have hedged, played more straight up. But when Jeanty runs for 250, then what? Boise is bigger and stronger than UNLV and quite frankly, better.

Especially without their top receiver (portal), their passing game is far less scary than that O line and Jeanty, imo. But Green stepped up.

As for the offense, it was bad too. Too many turnovers, costly ones, and we haven’t run for crap in weeks. It’s like we decided it was an air attack and that was it. And JM wasn’t at his best.

I think we hoped Green would play like Maiava did yesterday (since he’s shown that in his career) and we hoped like Maiava would put up a decent game (this was his worst, imo).

Reactions: goraphareb
I saw tons of players in the defensive side just not making plays. Not making tackles. Getting absolutely lost in coverage.

To me it look like they hedged towards making Green beat them (he's inconsistent with the pass) by trying to slow the run. It backfired. Green made nearly every pass and then his big run. Perhaps they shouldn’t have hedged, played more straight up. But when Jeanty runs for 250, then what? Boise is bigger and stronger than UNLV and quite frankly, better.

Especially without their top receiver (portal), their passing game is far less scary than that O line and Jeanty, imo. But Green stepped up.

As for the offense, it was bad too. Too many turnovers, costly ones, and we haven’t run for crap in weeks. It’s like we decided it was an air attack and that was it. And JM wasn’t at his best.

I think we hoped Green would play like Maiava did yesterday (since he’s shown that in his career) and we hoped like Maiava would put up a decent game (this was his worst, imo).
Excuse me for tonight, Brother. I will respond tomorrow. This is all on coaches.

The game I saw was UNLV’s defense missing tackles (like completely missing the ball carrier) and when we didn’t miss we couldn’t make the first tackle and the ball carrier gained another 3-8 yards. In pass coverage I saw our corners and safeties soundly beat or misreading the play. Honestly I’ve never seen one guy trying to defend TWO receivers on a long bomb. It’s usually two defenders and one receiver. That actually happened a few times during the game. I have a tough time pinning those things on the coaches. I don’t necessarily blame the players as I believe most were trying their best. They were simply over matched. If you’re saying there are schemes to prevent these mistakes, I’m open to learning how.

Reactions: rebel5280
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT