ADVERTISEMENT

The last time we beat Idaho

UNLVWINS

Lottery Pick
May 14, 2005
I think the last time we beat Idaho was Sanford's first win at UNLV. UNLV hit a field goal in the final seconds. Let's hope they can get Armani going early. That will be the key. Get points on the board early. Beat them in a shootout. Just out score them...

Reactions: 530Rebel
I think the last time we beat Idaho was Sanford's first win at UNLV. UNLV hit a field goal in the final seconds. Let's hope they can get Armani going early. That will be the key. Get points on the board early. Beat them in a shootout. Just out score them...

I disagree. The key is to get the running game going early. The use play action and rollouts to give Rogers easy targets and let him gain confidance. It is his first start on the road. Don't put too much on him.

I disagree. The key is to get the running game going early. The use play action and rollouts to give Rogers easy targets and let him gain confidance. It is his first start on the road. Don't put too much on him.

Lexington Thomas will have to be huge. Williams is out. It is a winnable game. If they can do some things right.

I'm not against it. It's the smartest play. But Howard had no issue with featuring a frosh QB on the road in a big game. Sure, it was more legs than arm, but they put a lot on his shoulders. Of course, they didn't have much of a choice.

I'd just like to see it opened up a little more so we can see what he can do, can't do. I was happy with what I saw of him even though it was extremely safe. It's not his fault for the red zone flame outs or drops.

Reactions: dcut03
I'm not against it. It's the smartest play. But Howard had no issue with featuring a frosh QB on the road in a big game. Sure, it was more legs than arm, but they put a lot on his shoulders. Of course, they didn't have much of a choice.

I'd just like to see it opened up a little more so we can see what he can do, can't do. I was happy with what I saw of him even though it was extremely safe. It's not his fault for the red zone flame outs or drops.

That was a bit frustrating to me. We held back the reigns on a RS 4 star QB while Howard let a true frosh ball out. Armani had time in the pocket on obvious passing downs. Receivers struggled to get open, but they are a talented group and you know they were going to figure it out.

Sure use the ground game, it probably is the strength of the offense at this point, but its really hard to outscore an opponent (when you have no D) with the run game.

Lexington Thomas will have to be huge. Williams is out. It is a winnable game. If they can do some things right.
It'll be interesting to see Tariq Hollandsworth (sp?) potentially get some carries. We have heard a lot about him as being *the guy* if he didn't redshirt... andhere we are. Week one was a blunder for him, wonder what week two looks like

Run the ball!!!!!
Keep our defense on the sidelines as long as possible.
Play great special teams and leave with a win.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Run the ball!!!!!
Keep our defense on the sidelines as long as possible.
Play great special teams and leave with a win.

That is probably a real good idea. The more the defense stays in the trouble we are in.

Or play somewhat balanced!!! There's a thought. You have this deep stable of receivers, the best QB recruit in 20 years, a solid O line.

We've run the ball with Sanchez, Hauck, J-Rob, passed a little with Sanford. Balance is key. Keep the defense honest.

You don't need to expect Rogers to be Aaron Rogers yet, but you don't need to muzzle him either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT