ADVERTISEMENT

The Facility

At least she has a resume. TKM had no resume and just used her past as an athlete at UNLV, and a long term job running a minor bowl game that was handed to her to leverage a job she didn't deserve.
Quite true. Even a pathetic resume as an AD is better than no resume.

By how slow she is with everything, by how cheap we had to be in the new hires and by how little we hear from her in support of the team. Once again, I hope I'm wrong but the feeling is very strong.
I don't see her being slow. She hired a new Advertising firm for all athletics, hired lawyers to negotiate for UNLV's interest in the new stadium. For Basketball alone, she has upgraded both basketball courts, rolled out new promotions for the games, hired new personnel. She has also fired the volleyball coach & hired a replacement. Just announced new soccer facilities.This all off the top of my head. She is still dealing with a low budget but I am impressed with all that she has accomplished in such a short time.She seems to be every sporting event even the road games. She is also very supportive on social media. I think she is doing an amazing job.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dloch002
That was the reasoning given to us but she really doesn't have the resume to support it. She went to VT when it was already in good shape and had been for decades. I honestly hope that my feelings are wrong but I've been through this dance several times before with new ADs taking over. We'll see.
She took over s stable FB program which means she knows what a successful FB program should look like, how to budget & how to promote. She can & will apply what she has learned there to our FB program.

I don't know if we can count on that. They needed to get going this month at 100 mph or they will expire. Appears more and more like our AD's ego is more about her and that she wants football to fail. I hope I'm wrong but the evidence just keeps building up.
I don't know if we can count on that. They needed to get going this month at 100 mph or they will expire. Appears more and more like our AD's ego is more about her and that she wants football to fail. I hope I'm wrong but the evidence just keeps building up.
Wow wow wow Sam I am please I beg of you do not go down that rabbit hole that so many rebel-netters do about our administration wanting us to fail. I can not see how it benefits anyone.
God must that be our go to card because Maxson and Tark couldn't co-exisit some 30 years ago jeez I think they both have deceased. This is why I can't stand reading 90 percent of posts and unfortunately Joe S sets the tone and it makes this whole site just barely one step ahead of the LVSun remark section on UNLV sports.
Sam I am I like your insights but leave the office politics out with respect.

She took over s stable FB program which means she knows what a successful FB program should look like, how to budget & how to promote. She can & will apply what she has learned there to our FB program.
She didn't "take over" a stable FB program ever. This is her first gig as an actual AD. She was merely the Sr. Assistant AD at VT for a little over 2 years. She was the Deputy AD at Cincy for 1 year [2013-2014] when their football program plummeted. From 2009-2013 she was a Deputy AD for Tennessee during a time when the Vols football team experienced some of their worst seasons since they won the National Title in 2002 and were involved in several NCAA investigations. That's NOT a great resume; particularly not in football.

She has been slow on building the football facility, cut the football recruiting budget, allowed us to lose John Garrison to FAU and was cheap on the new coaching hires. That makes me uneasy.

Once again, I'm answering the questions asked about my current feeling and I hope that I'm completely wrong. I'll support her for now but we needed the ground work on the facility to be going 100 mph while recruits were visiting and that hurt the program. As to how well she'll do from here on out? We'll see and I hope we see a rising star as an AD.

Last edited:
Sam I am I like your insights but leave the office politics out with respect.

I don't consider it office politics in any manner. It's really no different than discussing coaching. Coaching posts happen daily and I've seen several prior posts regarding the administration but I'll stop posting about it if that's what you want.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Sam you are saying cheap on the coaching pay, but where was the money going to come from when we have an athletic department that has been losing money? Garrison was paid $235K in 2016 which included approximately $200K in pay and $35K in benefits.

Last edited:
Sam you are saying cheap on the coaching pay, but where was the money going to come from when we have an athletic department that has been losing money?
Like any good AD would do, and many do on a consistent basis across the country at programs that are in the red, you go to boosters and get the money. This was not attempted according to the many boosters I know. With the delay in the facility but the ground being broken and the construction of the stadium now set, it's not a hard sell to go to the boosters for a little more $$$ to hire an experienced DC and two new assistants.

I don't know if answering your question crosses the line on posting about the administration but if you have any more questions, please feel free to send me a PM.

She didn't "take over" a stable FB program ever. This is her first gig as an actual AD. She was merely the Sr. Assistant AD at VT for a little over 2 years. She was the Deputy AD at Cincy for 1 year [2013-2014] when their football program plummeted. From 2009-2013 she was a Deputy AD for Tennessee during a time when the Vols football team experienced some of their worst seasons since they won the National Title in 2002 and were involved in several NCAA investigations. That's NOT a great resume; particularly not in football.

She has been slow on building the football facility, cut the football recruiting budget, allowed us to lose John Garrison to FAU and was cheap on the new coaching hires. That makes me uneasy.

Once again, I'm answering the questions asked about my current feeling and I hope that I'm completely wrong. I'll support her for now but we needed the ground work on the facility to be going 100 mph while recruits were visiting and that hurt the program. As to how well she'll do from here on out? We'll see and I hope we see a rising star as an AD.
She has had plenty of experience working with major college FB programs. As for how much she is spending, she has no control over a budget that was set before she even arrived. You can't blame her for the delay in starting the FB complex. Coach Sanchez said himself that he has the pledges but you can't make them write the check. You get the money when it is convenient for the donor. She can only spend what she is budgeted to spend until FB brings in more money she can't compete with other programs with bigger budgets for our coaches. That is not on her, that is reality. But for you to say she wants to see the program fail is ignorant. Give her a chance.

Reactions: willlevi
She has had plenty of experience working with major college FB programs. ....
We'll just have to agree to disagree.
. As for how much she is spending, she has no control over a budget that was set before she even arrived.... .
The AD has all the control over the budget of the athletic department. ADs amend and revise budgets around the nation on a daily basis. As the AD, she also has the primary responsibility to raise money. In regards to coaching salaries to keep a John Garrison or to hire new coaches, she failed to do so.
..... You can't blame her for the delay in starting the FB complex. ...
I have already for good reason. Any further stalling and there'll be more reasons.
... But for you to say she wants to see the program fail is ignorant. Give her a chance.
That's not what I wrote but, yeah, I'm the one who is ignorant.
.... Give her a chance.
Appears that you've missed the several times I've said that I am going to "give her a chance", that I hope that my feeling is wrong and that I hope she succeeds so here is just one example and..... my oh my, it was in a reply to you >>
Once again, I'm answering the questions asked about my current feeling and I hope that I'm completely wrong....
&
As to how well she'll do from here on out? We'll see and I hope we see a rising star as an AD.
^^^^
In short, that means that I'm giving her a chance.
It also means that I hope she does a great job.

I'll take my ignorance away from this thread now.

Are the shovels in the ground yet? Have they finally broken ground after 2 years?

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

The AD has all the control over the budget of the athletic department. ADs amend and revise budgets around the nation on a daily basis. As the AD, she also has the primary responsibility to raise money. In regards to coaching salaries to keep a John Garrison or to hire new coaches, she failed to do so.

I have already for good reason. Any further stalling and there'll be more reasons.

That's not what I wrote but, yeah, I'm the one who is ignorant.

Appears that you've missed the several times I've said that I am going to "give her a chance", that I hope that my feeling is wrong and that I hope she succeeds so here is just one example and..... my oh my, it was in a reply to you >>

&

^^^^
In short, that means that I'm giving her a chance.
It also means that I hope she does a great job.

I'll take my ignorance away from this thread now.

Desiree is way better than TKM. That is very easy to see. At least the fans aren’t showing up with signs about the AD anymore lol.

Reactions: Sam-I-am
No doubt that she's better but that's not saying much.

That’s true. TKM should have never been given that position at all. Just because one regent promised it to her. It is amazing the stuff that goes on at UNLV. Now TKM is making a huge salary as some special assistant at the foundation. It is really laughable.

The administration isn’t very good for athletics at UNLV. There were people there that thought The Heart of Dallas Bowl cost to much. They are idiots. TKM cost the athletic department millions upon millions of dollars. Of course they reward her with a kush job with a huge salary. UNLV is a joke...

Last edited:
Do you think the facility can be done by Sept? It is 2 years to late if you ask me. We are missing out on better recruits!
You're right. No recruits will EVER be as good as the ones from 2 years ago. It's in the past. Nothing we can do about that now. How is Reno's practice facility? Is it going to be comparable?

Reactions: UNLVINMD
11 months to complete. Ready for spring. Recruits visiting the active construction site will still be impressed. They know it will be ready by the time they get to school.

11 months to complete. Ready for spring. Recruits visiting the active construction site will still be impressed. They know it will be ready by the time they get to school.

This is huge news. Finally! Damn it!

Two years too late but better late than never.

p>
My buddy was at the UNLV vs UNR baseball series this weekend. They got fences up and they are moving dirt!
:cool2::cool2:[banana][banana]
p>

Last edited:
I know im bumping an old thread but can soneone please tell me when they start to see a concrete foundation poured.

I know im bumping an old thread but can soneone please tell me when they start to see a concrete foundation poured.
Yeah, I'm with him where does the progress stand and why is there not need a Live feed of construction like when Mendenhall Center was going up?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT