ADVERTISEMENT

The day after a game

I would love to see Vanderbilt play Fresno. Would they get blown out like we did? Vandy loses to us and bounces back for a great win. We beat Vandy and got rolled.

We looked like a "normal" football team against Vandy. Then we collapse against Fresno. Hard to blame the AD or President for that lack of consistency.

But to be honest, I don't know who or what to blame. Though in the end, Sanchez owns it.

There is a thread that discusses Coach Sanchez record vs coaches he faces a second time. It's pretty telling.

I would love to see Vanderbilt play Fresno. Would they get blown out like we did? Vandy loses to us and bounces back for a great win. We beat Vandy and got rolled.

We looked like a "normal" football team against Vandy. Then we collapse against Fresno. Hard to blame the AD or President for that lack of consistency.

But to be honest, I don't know who or what to blame. Though in the end, Sanchez owns it.
If you don’t see the 3 decade trend, if you can’t see the absolute collapse of basketball over a similar time frame, you’re blind. This isn’t about a single game. This is a decades long pattern. I know you don’t want to see it or admit it, because it’s something you wholeheartedly support. A bunch of athletic know nothings running the school and allotting the bare minimums for sports because, afterall, we are the Harvard of the West as your good friend put it, and athletics cannot be in a place higher than athletics. It’s part of the reason the woman you admire so much, Harter, wanted the library a cubic foot larger than the Mack, to prove a petty point.

It doesn’t surprise me that you look at one or two games instead of the entire thing. Because it’s gotta be hard to admit that the people you admire so dearly are at the very heart of why UNLV sucks.

It's crazy how much less I live and die with the Rebels these days.

The disappointment is a factor, also I had a live in GF that just hated sports for 3 years, so I picked my battles on what I would watch. I'd always watch UNLV stuff, but I wouldn't stick around to the if/when things got ugly.

I also checked out with football specifically after last season. UNM and SJSU. Killed it for me. So this year, I was expected 4 or less wins. Just couldn't see us being much better, especially with a much more difficult schedule.

I missed Friday's game, I was out at a concert, but they had ESPN on the TV so I could occasionally checked in. No need to watch it on DVR.

Less emotional involvement does make it easier. Don't get pissed off as much when things go sour. However, It will probably dampen the highs too. Though I haven't had one in so long watching UNLV sports I can't tell if it will at this point.

I'm still coming home at watching the Hawai'i game in a few weeks. Hope to catch 2 Bball games during X-mas week. I am excited, though cautiously quasi-optimistic about basketball this season. I like some of the things that TJ is doing and like to see how it looks on the court.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT