ADVERTISEMENT

The Craziness this team overcame to win

rebelbuck

Retired Number
Aug 14, 2007
I am not going to get into any of the calls or stuff like that.

With Williams Dinged up and Lex still out, Greene and Campbell stepped in played really well.

Our Long Snapper and Kicker get hurt, One of our TE's steps in at long Snapper (we had no issues) and Bornand comes in has a great punt and sticks the winner in overtime, his first attempt of the year.

Also Boyd was playing hurt and made some great catches. Kanteman only had 1 catch but it was a huge first down. Price Delivered when called upon.

Also hats off to Jericho Flowers, after a couple rough weeks and drops , kid scores on a sweep and made some really nice catches including a great TD in overtime.

With Williams Dinged up and Lex still out, Greene and Campbell stepped in played really well.

Our Long Snapper and Kicker get hurt, One of our TE's steps in at long Snapper (we had no issues) and Bornand comes in has a great punt and sticks the winner in overtime, his first attempt of the year.

Also Boyd was playing hurt and made some great catches. Kanteman only had 1 catch but it was a huge first down. Price Delivered when called upon.

Also hats off to Jericho Flowers, after a couple rough weeks and drops , kid scores on a sweep and made some really nice catches including a great TD in overtime.
I really like the improvement the Dline showed this week! They played best game of season imo. Getting pressure from front 4 can really help a coordinator make more effective calls & be creative.
Team still has a looooong way to go. But this is a quality win that this team needed!

It was far from perfectly played football but from an entertainment standpoint, it was so fun to witness. Hard to top.

Because of the way things go with UNLV, I expected to lose that game. This game, along with a (hopeful) win vs Reno, will highlight a "decent" season.

This is a testament to the kind of players Sanchez has brought in and how the team has bought into the program. We were on our third QB of the season, were down multiple WR's, our best WR breaks his arm and still plays, back up K comes in pins them swap with a punt then wins it in OT, just to name of few!!! The team had every reason to quiet and still walk away from a game they shouldn't have won knowing they played hard and very well at times, but they gutted it out and made on more big play than Wyoming and came out on top. After a rough couple of weeks it was nice to be reminded again that this program is on the right track.

Our Long Snapper and Kicker get hurt, One of our TE's steps in at long Snapper (we had no issues)

Speaking of snaps, did you SEE the fantastic job that Palendech did of holding that place kick for the game-winner??? that snap was on the ground!!!

And, how HUGE was that "snap infraction" on the previous kick attempt?! Bornand MISSED it!!

Reactions: RebelBuzz
the insanity of that game from start to finish was unreal.

We ran for 401 yards on a pretty decent defense that lives on creating turnovers. Offensive line was really having there way . Considering we only had 2 runs over 30+ Yards (both for TD's) it was a great performance by that group, Greene, Campbell, Williams & Palandech.

Speaking of snaps, did you SEE the fantastic job that Palendech did of holding that place kick for the game-winner??? that snap was on the ground!!!

And, how HUGE was that "snap infraction" on the previous kick attempt?! Bornand MISSED it!!
KP has gotten a hold on a lot of bad snaps and gotten them down for good FGs. For example, the Hawaii game winning FG was a bad snap. I've seen numerous snaps that are practically on the turf when KP grabs them and gets them in place. Huge plays that usually go unnoticed and unappreciated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT