ADVERTISEMENT

Tate Martell opens up Recruitment

Yup - Out of the horses mouth!

Tate Martell‏@TheTateMartell 2h2 hours ago
After talking with my family about what is best for my future, I have decided to reopen my recruiting process.

Would be interesting if he comes to UNLV.

Garcia is already recruiting him!

Julio Garcia7⃣4⃣‏@JULIOCHATO75 4m4 minutes ago
Julio Garcia7⃣4⃣ Retweeted Tate Martell

UNLVhttps://twitter.com/thetatemartell/status/728064179031015425…

Julio Garcia7⃣4⃣ added,

Tate Martell @TheTateMartell
After talking with my family about what is best for my future, I have decided to reopen my recruiting process.

Time to start following him again. We are smaller in numbers, but loud and obnoxious!

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Anyone know anything about this?

Just a couple guesses.

There might be some concern on his part about how secure head Coach Sumlin's job is at this point. His seat is at least a little bit warm right now.

I haven't looked into A&M's recruiting for this up coming year, but its possible Tate might be getting recruited over.

He could also just want to make sure it is the best possible fit form him. You can't know for sure without taking all your visits.

I don't believe UNLV will be in the mix though unfortunately.

Yup - Out of the horses mouth!

Tate Martell‏@TheTateMartell 2h2 hours ago

Would be interesting if he comes to UNLV.

Garcia is already recruiting him!

Julio Garcia7⃣4⃣‏@JULIOCHATO75 4m4 minutes ago
Julio Garcia7⃣4⃣ Retweeted Tate Martell

UNLVhttps://twitter.com/thetatemartell/status/728064179031015425…

Julio Garcia7⃣4⃣ added,

Tate Martell @TheTateMartell

Time to start following him again. We are smaller in numbers, but loud and obnoxious!

It would be an absolute slam dunk if Sanchez could land him. Maybe if the practice facility were done and a new stadium was a go....Right now, we just aren't there yet.

Our only pitch at this point would be a better oppurtunity to compete for the starting job right away. We lose in every other category important to recruits on the P5 radar.

I would love to see it happen. Just don't think we are in the mix.

Last edited:
He will most likely land at Oregon

Real possibilty. He is a good but not great athlete. Not sure if he completely fits Oregon's offense. A&M seemed more suited to his skill set. A&M's version of the spread seems predicated on the QB running/scrambling when things break down vs Oregon who asks the QB to be more involved in zone read/option/predetermined stuff.

Both schools are looking for QB depth after some graduations and transfers.

It will be interesting to follow.

or he might be a package deal with Tyjon Lindsey to ohio st.. Urban liar probably held their hands and told them he dreams about them at night (Which he has been known to tell recruits)

A tab bit over rated; talent ceiling and potential is much lower than Armani Rogers, in my humble opinion. Hope he finds a good home. Like seeing locals become successful.

Last edited:
dont know if Alabama is in they have a commitment from Tua Tagovailoa. Michigan or ohio state could be going after him. Just keep a eye on baylor if they offer him.

Looks like USC, Cal, and Ohio State are currently the favorites for him. Cal hired the OC from TAMU who was his primary recruiter.
Cal would be the best place for Tate if he really wants to follow his dream of playing in the NFL. tOSU has a good shot at him because he could go there with Tyjon but it would be a mistake. He needs QB coaching, direction in reading defenses and to learn how to be in command of the pocket. That would NOT happen at tOSU where he'll be forced to run the zone read for Urban in his spread option which has resulted in his starter going down every season but 2015 since he took over at tOSU. Tate also needs as many reps as possible. He could start at Cal as a Frosh. He won't start at tOSU until he is a JR, if ever.

Last edited:
I hate it when locals go to teams/conferences I can't stand. The needle on my "Rat's A$$" meter has a hard time moving.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
I am not sure why we even have a thread for him on this site. He has never even considered UNLV and appears to just be another publicity hound!

From playing at a Catholic high school to getting coached by the pope.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT