ADVERTISEMENT

Line ‘em up: Predictions and Game Thread Syracuse

The Allegiant media teams need to gather footage of old Tark/Boheim clashes!!
I’m thinking …. I don’t think I’m seeing any from 85 through the end of Tark?

We did play them twice late in the 1990s with Bayno, I believe. I remember at least one time, at Syracuse, some meat hook guy, maybe Hill? They had Jason Hart. UNLV got spanked. I believe we played home and away in back to back years, later 90’s.

Tark may have had them, but it was before 85 and I wouldn’t think Boeheim would be there back then.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I dont know how dangerous you want our defense to be? It looks like UNLV is playing Mortal Combat while our opponents playing Miss Pacman.
I mean, if you looks at that video I posted under "article"...the boys threw down that receivers from head to toe. Then they proceed to celebrates. How much more violent do you want? I guess they can stick out their knees and break the receiver's neck?

We did play them twice late in the 1990s with Bayno, I believe. I remember at least one time, at Syracuse, some meat hook guy, maybe Hill? They had Jason Hart. UNLV got spanked. I believe we played home and away in back to back years, later 90’s.

Tark may have had them, but it was before 85 and I wouldn’t think Boeheim would be there back then.
I could have sworn we played a few times and CBS would make a huge deal between the Syracuse zone and UNLV’s run&gun. Maybe I just dreamt that. I’ll see if I can find anything.

I was at that Syracuse game Keon Clark went off and had a dunk so monsterish the Syracuse fans cheered.

We played them early in 75, Tark was a coach and it was Boeheim’s last year as an assistant before taking over in 76. Amazing that we didn’t play them again until Bayno. Wish we could have played them in 87.

Why?
Don't get me wrong, our basketball history is great history, but there's like 50 fans that would get it, and everyone else would wonder why almost 40 year old basketball highlights are being played during football season...
Don’t under estimate how old many of the season ticket holders really are. Take a look around the club sections. Lots of gray hair.

What was the preseason line?, wish I had that one!
I’d bet if a preseason line were made, it’d have been Syracuse -4 or -5.

UNLV is a darling right now. And when the darling is from the sports gaming capital of the world, you might see some wonky lines (locals betting their darling home team) … maybe even “falsely elevated” lines because the action is on the home team.

You sometimes see that with teams with huge followings in every sport.

I’d bet if a preseason line were made, it’d have been Syracuse -4 or -5.

UNLV is a darling right now. And when the darling is from the sports gaming capital of the world, you might see some wonky lines (locals betting their darling home team) … maybe even “falsely elevated” lines because the action is on the home team.

You sometimes see that with teams with huge followings in every sport.
I think this will be another blowout game. UNLV by 3 TD or more. It took only one half for Hajj Williams to get his game going, now UNLV has both an offense and defense that are humming.

• Wow
What happened to the Syracuse poster, the guy planning the big tailgate? Need him to jump on and give us their perspective of the game.

Syracuse brings the best passing game UNLV will have seen to this point this year. They have bigger and faster lines than UNLV has faced so far this year. This will be the toughest game to date. We beat Houston and Kansas on the road but both teams look like they are both pretty bad teams. Utah Tech just flat out sucks. UNLV did dominate Fresno which was a good win but really how good is Fresno? Syracuse is not close to the top of the ACC but is the best team we will have played in our first 5 games. Plus Syracuse is very hyped for this game and thinks this is a great statement game so they will be bringing their best to try and knock off the Rebels. I think this game is going to come down to which teams lines play the best. We have to get pressure on their QB and not let him have time to think at the same time protect our QB.
I think this game will be allot closer than most think but we will need to surpass 30 points to win.
UNLV 37-35

Syracuse brings the best passing game UNLV will have seen to this point this year. They have bigger and faster lines than UNLV has faced so far this year. This will be the toughest game to date. We beat Houston and Kansas on the road but both teams look like they are both pretty bad teams. Utah Tech just flat out sucks. UNLV did dominate Fresno which was a good win but really how good is Fresno? Syracuse is not close to the top of the ACC but is the best team we will have played in our first 5 games. Plus Syracuse is very hyped for this game and thinks this is a great statement game so they will be bringing their best to try and knock off the Rebels. I think this game is going to come down to which teams lines play the best. We have to get pressure on their QB and not let him have time to think at the same time protect our QB.
I think this game will be allot closer than most think but we will need to surpass 30 points to win.
UNLV 37-35
I’m already getting nervous

Try to flush him to his left or to any side where he has trips. Trips usually do slant/crosss/post or a 2 of those with wheel behind it, usually from the slot WR or the RB if he goes in motion. Flush him away from that and make him throw across his body.

If he flushes to his right he’s pretty effective. We did such a good job disguising pressure against Fresno. They had no idea where that 4th was coming from. I think it’s somewhat duplicatable this week .

The two games I watched of them, Stanford’s RPO was really effective and they ran rhe ball well. Georgia Tech was similar.

This is a huge game for the program. I’d love to come away with the win. I don’t care how we look or what the score is. Just need that Dub

Last edited:
Reactions: Boston Rebel 2

@utestream .

Calling out all wrestling fans. I don’t know who won this?

Bro I touched Dr. Death’s hand at The old Stars stadium!!

Syracuse is likely the best team we have faced, but not so sure.

Fresno looked like it could have been. PLayed Michigan on the road tight into the 4th quarter. Won their other games pretty handedly, though it was a light schedule besides Michigan.

Syracuse has not even played a road game yet. Lost a tough one to an above average Stanford game.
I mean we just beat Fresno more convincingly that they beat Holy Cross. Though yes it is hard to get too criticial in 3 score games.

They do seem one dimensional, and I think we will give up some passing yards. But we will get to the QB, and that many passes tend to lead to turnovers, especially with our defense.

It will be a tough game for sure. I feel pretty good though.

Try to flush him to his left or to any side where he has trips. Trips usually do slat/crosss/post or a 2 of those with wheel behind it, usually from the slot and layer or the RB if he goes in motion. Flush him away from that and make him throw across his body.

If he flushes to his right he’s pretty effective. We did such a good job disguising pressure against Fresno. They had no idea where that 4th was coming from. I think it’s somewhat duplicatable.

The two games I watched of them, Stanford’s RPO was really effective and they ran rhe ball well. Georgia Tech was similar.

This is a huge game for the program. I’d love to come away with the win. I don’t care how we look or what the score is. Just need that Dub
I was thinking of Stanford's RPO when watching our game last week. Hajj did a good job of that he waited until the very last second to hold the ball or hand it off a few of those plays and made good decisions with it. Think we will see a lot of that Friday.

Just watched the press conference with the Syracuse head coach:

I really like this dude. Like last week, I do think we have a huge leg up having Odom as our head coach. It was obvious how much more prepared we were than Fresno and Skipper. Fran has never been a head coach before. This is his first road game. I think he’ll be really good, but he’s growing through some growing pains.

Also, it seems that have little trust in their kicking game. Bull should be happy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT