ADVERTISEMENT

Syracuse ticket sales

I just checked ticket prices through the university website for this weeks game at Wyoming and USU. Cheapest seat available. USU - $ 39. Wyoming - $ 30.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I could be wrong here but I feel like you'd get 3-5k more fans in if they opened up more of the upper sections at lower prices. A lot of people are interested but don't have it in their budget to spend 60-100 per ticket. I get it that you'd rather fill the lower bowl, but IMO, once you get people to their 1st game, it's easier to get them back regularly. I know for me, I was worried about parking, traffic, etc the 1st time. Now that I've done it multiple times, its no big deal
So just for conversation, help me out here. Never been to Vegas (obviously then not the stadium. But seating chart linked below.

So what seats/levels are open? 100 and 200 level? If yes, how many seats is that? And seems like opening up selected 300 sections up front would make sense. Always a question - do you get enough low budget sales to offset higher-price customers who go cheap? One idea would be to NOT sell season ticket packages to the upper seats.

And are all those suites sold for the season? Are some game-to-game?

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
I just checked ticket prices through the university website for this weeks game at Wyoming and USU. Cheapest seat available. USU - $ 39. Wyoming - $ 30.
Wyoming has a capacity of 29k though, and they've been averaging about 24k per game. Plus, they've been pretty good for a while (not great this year) and have built up the fan base. And, what else are you gonna do on a Saturday in Wyoming?

Utah State has a capacity of 25.5k, and they get a huge contingent of students at their games typically.

Vegas is a different beast. There are lots of things to do, so until we build up the fan base, we need to make it easier to say yes, instead of saying no. IMO anyways.

I'm not saying the prices are unreasonable at all, but that we should do what we can to get more butts in the seats

So just for conversation, help me out here. Never been to Vegas (obviously then not the stadium. But seating chart linked below.

So what seats/levels are open? 100 and 200 level? If yes, how many seats is that? And seems like opening up selected 300 sections up front would make sense. Always a question - do you get enough low budget sales to offset higher-price customers who go cheap? One idea would be to NOT sell season ticket packages to the upper seats.

Generally only the 100 level seats are available for purchase. Once all of the lower bowl (100s) are close to full (around 29-30k people) they open up a couple of the 200 or 300 sections. Its rare that this has happened though, only 2-3 times for unlv games I think. I believe the suites are bought for the season, but I'm guessing most aren't sold for the Rebel games. Not sure though.

The season tickets they offer are pretty dang cheap as is. Lowest option comes out to $25/game ($150 total)

I suppose they could open upper sections, but how much lower could they go? $125 total or $100 total? Not sure that difference would really entice many more buyers, but who knows.

I think single game tickets could definitely be lower, especially if they are trying to fill the place.

100%

Season tix compared to 'bigger' schools are pretty cheap.

But to drive 'walk up' sales maybe start trying to do stuff with Aces/Vgk like show your ACES/VGK ticket stub get X amount off a UNLV football ticket. Or even for season tix I don't know.

Winning helps but this is a non traditional town. Lots of transplants so people have previous alliances to other schools. Our decades of mediocrity is going to take some time.

I have concerns UNLV's recent dedication to football may have come 10 years to late. There will be more shake up over next 5 years.

Lower bowl is like 35k ish. No idea on if the luxury boxes are all full or not.

It cost $120,000 for UNLV to open the 200 level at Allegiant. The demand has to be there for them to open it up
Is that to open the entire thing, and have all of the food and beverage options open? I'm sure you could just open parts of it, as they did against Boise last year and only open a portion of the F&B stuff.

Reactions: dcut03
Is that to open the entire thing, and have all of the food and beverage options open? I'm sure you could just open parts of it, as they did against Boise last year and only open a portion of the F&B stuff.
Gotta believe it’s an all or nothing type of deal. Last year was also the MW champ game so I’m sure the conference attributed to the cost

It cost $120,000 for UNLV to open the 200 level at Allegiant. The demand has to be there for them to open it up
Hmmm. Seems like a lot. But then again I've never been there. Looks like you can't get from the 100 level to the 200 level so they have to open up a separate concourse? But if some of the suites are being used isn't it open anyway?

But, no matter. Get more fans, if the metrics are there. :)

• Haha
I thought six, but you could be right...
Six was probably pretty close. The had a lot of fans on the west side, but otherwise only a few in other areas. The interesting thing is that the stadium sold out in the lower section to the point they had shut down the sale of any more tickets about a half hour before the game started. My guess is not enough sales to justify the cost to open up part of the upper section.

Hmmm. Seems like a lot. But then again I've never been there. Looks like you can't get from the 100 level to the 200 level so they have to open up a separate concourse? But if some of the suites are being used isn't it open anyway?

But, no matter. Get more fans, if the metrics are there. :)
I do not think it cost that much. If they opened up the entire next section, maybe, but they can open up section by section like they did for the Iowa State and MWC championship game. If they only opened the northern section 200, I am sure the cost is a lot lower.

I do not think it cost that much. If they opened up the entire next section, maybe, but they can open up section by section like they did for the Iowa State and MWC championship game. If they only opened the northern section 200, I am sure the cost is a lot lower.
That's what I was thinking. So you could either open up one of the endzone uppers, both endzones, or one of the sideline uppers, maybe on the UNLV side for optics. Regardless, it seems like it could be done for much less than 120k.

Six was probably pretty close. The had a lot of fans on the west side, but otherwise only a few in other areas. The interesting thing is that the stadium sold out in the lower section to the point they had shut down the sale of any more tickets about a half hour before the game started. My guess is not enough sales to justify the cost to open up part of the upper section.
Ok, this seems nutty. You have a half-empty stadium, but stop selling tickets to the walk-ups? That'll encourage the casual fan to attend. And as others have said, how could it possibly cost $120,000 to open up selected sections? As I commented, some of the suites are sold, right? How do they get to the suites? Same concourse as the 200 level seats......right?

Ok, this seems nutty. You have a half-empty stadium, but stop selling tickets to the walk-ups? That'll encourage the casual fan to attend. And as others have said, how could it possibly cost $120,000 to open up selected sections? As I commented, some of the suites are sold, right? How do they get to the suites? Same concourse as the 200 level seats......right?
Access to different sections is very limited. I have seats in the 7th row in one section, but if I move over just one section, I am required to enter the stadium through a completely different entrance. The suites have a different direction for access that then other level 200 seats that are on the same level as the suites.

No doubt the person who said $120K was guessing, but it does take additional staff and other facilities, and if they do not know that these areas will be needed with enough time, then it may not be feasible to open up additional sections. They have opened section 200 seats for the Iowa State and MWC championship against Boise State. My expectation is that they will open up section 200 if ticket sales continue to increase for future games.

Bottom half..upstairs is closed

The torch section seems to be a relatively easy add. Open that bar up, but close off the rest, like they do for the "happy hour" deals they have done in the past.

As a former worker at Allegiant I would be shocked if it cost an extra $120k to open the north 200 sections, an extra 15 or so security and guest services would only be an extra $2-3k in payroll costs, so I doubt Allegiant would try to screw that much money out of UNLV.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT