ADVERTISEMENT

Stay or leave?

Guys, do we have a qb contreversy.

Brum and Mariava..do we finish 0-3
If we’re being honest, Marion doesn’t have the QB to run his system to its full potential. JM ran for 300 yards this season, that’s not ideal for BM’s offense. I think Caylin Newton ran for 800 yards at Howard under BM (granted 300 yards of that was against UNLV).

The point of the go go offense is to force defenses into snap decisions with unique formations and tempo, a true dual quarterback will cause massive headaches for opposing defenses because it adds not only another another layer to the offense, but another option the defense has to take into account. Thus, this will delay their reactions and reads.

BM is a football savant as is the rest of the staff, he is not satisfied with this season. He may not be the best interviewer but the desire and work ethic to field the top offense in the country is certainly there.

If we’re being honest, Marion doesn’t have the QB to run his system to its full potential. JM ran for 300 yards this season, that’s not ideal for BM’s offense. I think Caylin Newton ran for 800 yards at Howard under BM (granted 300 yards of that was against UNLV).

The point of the go go offense is to force defenses into snap decisions with unique formations and tempo, a true dual quarterback will cause massive headaches for opposing defenses because it adds not only another another layer to the offense, but another option the defense has to take into account. Thus, this will delay their reactions and reads.

BM is a football savant as is the rest of the staff, he is not satisfied with this season. He may not be the best interviewer but the desire and work ethic to field the top offense in the country is certainly there.

There's a little misconception about his offense. I posted a link to a video where Marion explicitly says the offense doesn't require an overly mobile QB.

It can morph from more read option to more RPO.

Be great to have a guy that can excell at both obviously, but not necessary.

Reactions: Rosegreen1
I’ll post it separate too, but take note of White talking about next year… not sure how much weight you put on that, but I think it shows an insight to current mindset. He’ll be here IMO

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT