ADVERTISEMENT

Stacey Augmon wants the job.

I'm for a seasoned coach. Look what Larry Brown did right away at SMU. Pitino would do the same thing very quickly at unlv. How much baggage he has remains to be seen. If you want to win (short term) right away you can't beat Pitino imo

Lets be honest, the person who started this mess was TKM. I understand Findlay is a big booster and all, but you don't let him make the decision on who is the coach. How you pass over the longest tenured assistant as well as most qualified is beyond me. She claimed he didn't even say anything to her about it but I don't buy that at all.

I just assumed since he had such a low key style on the sideline and personality, he didn't want it. He was never in my initial thought process at all.

After reading that article and hearing how he felt about it, I would be OK with him getting the job. If we don't get the homerun hire we are all hoping for, I would rather see him as the coach than any other young hotshot assistant.

The ass hats on the radio before the game claim that if he doesn't get the job there could be a lawsuit. I don't know if I buy that, but we definitely don't need that mess.

It was Cofield and whoever does the show with him. I think Youmans? They said it like it was a rumor going around.

I don't remember the technical term for it. He was passed over for a job he should have clearly gotten, he has a legitimate case. It doesn't seem like something he would do, but I can't say I would blame him. That was blatant.

It was Cofield and whoever does the show with him. I think Youmans? They said it like it was a rumor going around.

I don't remember the technical term for it. He was passed over for a job he should have clearly gotten, he has a legitimate case. It doesn't seem like something he would do, but I can't say I would blame him. That was blatant.
i think he should sue and sue the university for racial discrimination as well.

there were more qualified people than Rice including Ernie Kent & Reggie Theus and who got the job? whitest guy interviewing. i'm thinking Maxson is still controlling things.

Reactions: BrianGregory
hes got a case. and after dedicating a decade of his life to the program, i wouldnt blame him if he went at it. at least fire TKM before interviews for new hires. how you gonna pass to the dude that is shooting .105 over the last three games when youre down 5 with 19 seconds to go? all gripes. one post.

Besides LJ, Augmon is my favorite all time rebel! I was here back in the late 80's, early 90's when unlv was a top national powerhouse! That being said, and no disrespect to coach Augmon, i think we need to look outside the rebel family for our next coach. We've tried the assistant coach rout and it didn't work out, we to bring in someone with division 1 head coaching experience to take our program to the next level! Dave Rice showed that unlv can still recruit at a national level we just need the right coach to turn that corner! If the rumors are true about Pitino, then you definitely got to hire him, he's a HOF coach and he's won everywhere he's been! If not Pitino, then i like Archie Miller. He's young but he's already proven himself as winner in the 5yrs at Dayton.

I think Augmon would've had a chance if Dave Rice would've left last year for south Florida but he wont get a shot, to late! You can tell were there going with this hire, they already have a short list of the people they want to hire for the job. I mean why would they put the guy with the least experience as the interm coach! He's being made the fall guy, that way even if the the rebels were to get hot and make the tourney they can say he's not qualified for the job! If Augmon or even Miller were the interm coach, they couldn't say that about those guys, they got way more qualifications! They just don't want to hire anybody on this current staff! They got there 3 or 4 guys already in mind!

76 Kinda makes sense. They have someone in mind, I wonder who. As mentioned before I am
1. Archie
2. Pitino
3. Stacey

And there is nothing secure about the first two. They have not said that they want the job. There could be more people, I just don't know who they are, well yes I do. Miller, Simon, Good, Hutson, Rice (the brother), Rice (BSU), anyway I would be hard pressed to name the 50-60 guys who threw their hats into the ring.

I get the fascination with Pitino but the only way he comes here is if he is running from the NCAA. It sounds to me that some on here are win at all costs fans and that's not worth it ever. The NCAA has no problem putting the hammer down on schools like UNLV.

Archie Miller would be great and I pointed out before he has some family connections in Vegas but I have also heard that he is waiting for a big job like North Carolina.

We have to start being realistic here. We're not who we once were. I remember so many fans pissed that Kruger couldn't get us over the hump. They also were happy to see him go. Look where that got us.

Yes UNLV is a brand name but nationally we haven't been respected for a very long time by other fans or by media. They like us always bring up the great Tark era.

If I am a big booster then I would try a lure Miller but if he doesn't come then by all means give Augmon a shot. Tarks not coming back through the door.

Reactions: LVKryptonite

Cofield's alright, it's those whiny puzzies he has on with him, not a man among them!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT