ADVERTISEMENT

Special Teams play

How well did they do yesterday? Yunker pinned URN within their own five multiple times which helped us control the first half.

Player of the game if you ask me.
Yep. Yunker was huge yesterday. Two legitimate pins, two brain dead UNR fair catches at the 6 yard line kept UNR bottled deep. UNLV never took advantage of the great field position after getting the ball back, but those punts made UNR very conservative and a non threat on the offensive end.

Reactions: RebelBuzz
Yep. Yunker was huge yesterday. Two legitimate pins, two brain dead UNR fair catches at the 6 yard line kept UNR bottled deep. UNLV never took advantage of the great field position after getting the ball back, but those punts made UNR very conservative and a non threat on the offensive end.

Hugely contributed to our defensive performance in the first half.

Imagine that a complete game plan and it all works. I never thought after losing our stellar special teams coach from last season we would improve so dramatically ha ha
I think it's showing, as much as anything else, that Hauck's players lost faith in him and Sanchez revitalized them. Play calling has been more predictable, but less head scratching. It's been relatively conservative too, but it's been far better fundamentally. Defense is so much more fundamentally sound. For the most part, much better wrapping up, much better in the trenches, a more aggressive secondary. I don't like the lack of pass rush this season though.

Reno tried to onside kick. The return team wasn't ready, but they reacted well to it and Keys managed to snatch it away.

How well did they do yesterday? Yunker pinned URN within their own five multiple times which helped us control the first half.

Player of the game if you ask me.

I could have done without that 15 or so yard shank under little pressure that gave them the 30 yard line.

Special teams was so good that the ref was convinced that a missed PAT should count! Dang instant replay.

Hunker was unreal last night but I think the key to the game was the direction of the field UNLV got. IN THE 4th quarter the Rebs was playing with the wind in their backs. It so critical that because without it, I doubt we can make that last field goal?

Hunker was unreal last night but I think the key to the game was the direction of the field UNLV got. IN THE 4th quarter the Rebs was playing with the wind in their backs. It so critical that because without it, I doubt we can make that last field goal?
I tweeted to Mark A last night about the wind. It was unpredictable and not overly strong and gusty. You really couldn't tell what you were going to get. Because I was thinking same thing as you, just get through Q3 so it helps us with throwing/kicking and hurts them.

Kicking game was great outside of missed extra pount.Bad field position absolutely killed Reno. Big late FG forced them into needing a TD to win instead if FG to tie. Special teams helped win a game instead of possibly costing us a game like last year.

This staff is showing the previous 2 ineptitude really early its really refreshing

Junker was MVP IMO. I was saying that during the game to anyone who would listen. The shank sucked, but they still started at the 30. Not horrible. I just loved watching return guys moving backwards to get the ball every time. My only concern was that he was out-kicking the coverage, but UNR kept fair catching!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT