ADVERTISEMENT

Sneed gets the start

I like this move, although I feel badly that Stanton is injured. In my opinion, unless a JUCO can come in and make an immediate, positive impact, I say no JUCO transfers unless the guy is a potential all MWC player. Especially at QB.
Bring in 2-3 true freshman. Kids that have the potential to be in the program 4-5 years. If one or more is in a position to be "thrown to the wolves" as the saying goes, then so be it. This is D1, FBS football. A guy playing QB at this level ought to be able to handle growing pains. It's also where coaching comes into play. Especially the psychological part.
I wish for a full, surgery free recovery for Stanton. Meanwhile, I hope that Sneed plays well and the combination of he and Kurt can add some spark. The only way to find out is having them play and giving them enough freedom to both make plays and make mistakes, because making mistakes is part of the learning and growing process...GO REBELS!!

If we beat Fresno, Hawaii, & Colo. St and have a decent showing versus SDSU....does Johnny get his job back?

If we beat Fresno, Hawaii, & Colo. St and have a decent showing versus SDSU....does Johnny get his job back?

Not if I were the HC. That would be 3-1 as a starter against FBS teams with Sneed starting, compared to 0-3 with Stanton. So, Johnny would be at best #2 in this scenario. I say that because of not knowing how much Kurt will play. If UNLV goes 3-1 the next 4 games, why would playing Stanton at QB even be considered?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT