ADVERTISEMENT

Sluka

From what I could see from his videos, he looks like he could fit really well into the UNLV system. With the upgrade in receivers, running backs, and in the secondary, I truly believe UNLV has a very good chance of improving on last years record.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
From what I could see from his videos, he looks like he could fit really well into the UNLV system. With the upgrade in receivers, running backs, and in the secondary, I truly believe UNLV has a very good chance of improving on last years record.
Forget last year record, Grimes is talk about taking one of the twelve spots in next year playoff. To do that, we have to beat KU in Lawrence.

Reactions: SilverSpoon
Posted similiar numbers vs Boston College.
Maybe rushing not passing he passed for barely above 100. That is what made me nervous the best team they played and not very good on D and he didn’t pass well at all. But again one game. He also looked small on the field someone said 6’3” but he didn’t quite look it he looked more like Brumfield in stature a little thicker.

I have a feeling this is going to be another special season with a bunch of studs all across the board... we've easily gotten better at every major position outside of our Offensive line. Should be really fun to watch all these high end talents but in together the way this year's team did and also still feel like there's a chip on their shoulders after the inevitable voters put them as 3rd or 4th in the conference preseason...

Maybe rushing not passing he passed for barely above 100. That is what made me nervous the best team they played and not very good on D and he didn’t pass well at all. But again one game. He also looked small on the field someone said 6’3” but he didn’t quite look it he looked more like Brumfield in stature a little thicker.
Sluka is 6'-3", 216, but appears to be pretty built from what I've seen.

iu

A

The defense from the other team will be too busy trying to catch Casey Cain and White playing at the same time, along with Jet and Michael Allen. If we get the right QB, UNLV could dominate the MWC top to bottom. Andrew

Not getting the boner for this kid. He played against titans of football such as Lehigh, Bucknell, Georgetown, Colgate, Lafayette and Fordham. Do you know how bad those programs are? At best he reminds me of Dalton Sneed.
Hopefully we keep Brumfield around..

I’m so excited for the season to start. Let’s go already. The more I look at Sluka the more I like. He has 99 touchdowns (38 on the ground) and almost 4k rushing yards.

That’s great.

3 to one is very good. 4 to one is excellent.

Caleb Herring was like 20-5 that bowl year.

I expect the Rebs offense to be even better this year. OL could use another body or two. But they are deeper better at running back. WR with Texas dude and and White on the outside and DeJesus in the slot are going to be really difficult to defend.

Maiava probably a better passer overall vs Sluka.

But with the threat of Sluka's (assuming he wins job) legs its going to give DC's a lot of trouble. If you can force opponents to put a spy on the QB it takes a dude out of coverage.

If Sluka wins job and carries same type TD to INT ratio up to FBS Rebs have a shot to at minimum match last year's win total.

I'd say exceed it but OOC is tougher this year. Kansas and Houston on the road are going to be difficult. Houston struggled last year but it was their first in the Big12.

3 to one is very good. 4 to one is excellent.

Caleb Herring was like 20-5 that bowl year.

I expect the Rebs offense to be even better this year. OL could use another body or two. But they are deeper better at running back. WR with Texas dude and and White on the outside and DeJesus in the slot are going to be really difficult to defend.

Maiava probably a better passer overall vs Sluka.

But with the threat of Sluka's (assuming he wins job) legs its going to give DC's a lot of trouble. If you can force opponents to put a spy on the QB it takes a dude out of coverage.

If Sluka wins job and carries same type TD to INT ratio up to FBS Rebs have a shot to at minimum match last year's win total.

I'd say exceed it but OOC is tougher this year. Kansas and Houston on the road are going to be difficult. Houston struggled last year but it was their first in the Big12.
I like the way it’s shaping up a lot. I’d love to add a ready to start O Lineman and another capable, at least.

I don't think Doolin was hyped as much as this. I think that was our fan bases eagerness to crown the next great PG without considering what we had at the position and stretching his abilities + the team around him into what we wanted it to be... Slukas numbers don't lie, it's a large body of work and he's joining an offensive system that took a backup freshman QB and turned him in a national freshman of the year candidate...

Much tougher schedule next year if it holds up. But we should be much more ready for it this season

For help at tight end? Sounds good.

Honestly if he's your #3 and running scout team...That's not a bad place to be. Experienced dude that can mimic more athletic QBs.

Injuries happen. In the unlikely (Dear 8lb baby Jesus please don't jinx me for this) event our top 2 QBs went down I think I'd rather have Doug then rely on a true freshman like Ochoa.

I doubt he'd stay know that's his role though.

Much tougher schedule next year if it holds up. But we should be much more ready for it this season

Could end up with a scenario where records the same (9-3) but team is better and more prepared/better suited to host a conference title game.

Rebs earned it this year but barely..

Reactions: dcut03
Could end up with a scenario where records the same (9-3) but team is better and more prepared/better suited to host a conference title game.

Rebs earned it this year but barely..
If we are 9-3 again, then I think we become much more likely to win the MW.

I was hopeful, but it was apparent that we just weren't the best team in the league this year. In a somewhat down year with SDSU struggling so much and Boise taking a long time to get things going.

Hi all - HC fan just chiming in here to say congrats on getting Matt to commit. Hopefully you guys have room on the bandwagon for some of us next season!

And for anyone not immediately sold on him, I am fully confident you guys will love him as soon as he hits the field.
Plenty of room on our bandwagon! Jump right in!

Hi all - HC fan just chiming in here to say congrats on getting Matt to commit. Hopefully you guys have room on the bandwagon for some of us next season!

And for anyone not immediately sold on him, I am fully confident you guys will love him as soon as he hits the field.
Welcome! Any feedback on his game? I was at the BC game and he checked down a lot but he also ran all over them. I am guessing based on his stats he can get the ball downfield though.

Welcome, we’ll take all followers we can get.

Welcome man!

Be warned us Rebel fans are a little crazy--but we're a family of crazies. Once upon a time it was inconveivable that this small school in the desert to win a National Championship in basketball....To this day the last non-power conference program to accomplish it. Even Gonzaga can't get over the hump.

With Sluka, WE WILL make a push for this 12-team playoffs. Get on board for a wild ride.

How much of that was FCS WRs struggling to get open vs P4 DBs or his OL breaking down forcing the check downs I wonder.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT