ADVERTISEMENT

Sluka Redshirting and Transferring

Nothing that Carl Reed tweeted is true. Reed is an ex football coach from STL. WTF would he or his sources have accurate info on? Sluka is from the east coast, so it's not like Reed has a long standing relationship with the family.

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Rebel702
Well, unfortunately, that's the catch in this whole thing. Once agents become involved, it gets messy. If ASU (for example) goes to the NIL agent and says, we'd really like a mobile QB who has led his team to a 3-0 start, and are willing to pay him $XXX if he goes on redshirt and transfers to our school, but doesn't mention him by name, and that message gets relayed to Sluka, is the University at fault? Or at this point, does it even matter if they tell the agent his name and tell them to find out how much he wants? I don't know that there are any rules in place for this whole NIL game.
Perhaps the agent should be banned.

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Rebel702
IMO, we paid everything he was entitled to in any written contract. If we didn't, we'd get sued and lose. Must have been - as his dad said _ a verbal promise of additional money that didn't come through.
He better be able to prove it was said. Could be just pulling things out of their arse to make their situation look better.

Last edited:
What a cluster...

I have a few questions regarding NIL, and I'm not sure that anyone really knows the answer.

1. Who determines the amount to offer players, and how is that offer conveyed to a player/recruit?
2. How is an offer accepted? In the old days, you'd sign your LOI, and then eventually your scholly papers. Is the NIL paperwork integrated into the LOI package?
3. Does a school (UNLV in this case) have any responsibility to ensure that NIL agreements match what the player/coaches have discussed?
4. Does a school have any recourse if a player breaks their NIL agreement and walks away mid season?
5. Are there any rules for tampering anymore?

Nothing that Carl Reed tweeted is true. Reed is an ex football coach from STL. WTF would he or his sources have accurate info on? Sluka is from the east coast, so it's not like Reed has a long standing relationship with the family.
Carl-Reed-Jr-Followers.jpg

He's also got two of Odom's son following him. I'm pretty sure he has his sources in check.

So from what I gather. Agent is saying UNLV NIL collective promised a large sum of money/car via handshake and didn't get anything in writing. Sluka went to collect and UNLV told him to kick rocks?

Sounds like he learned an important life lesson.

Agent is an idiot.

If he tried to renegotiate his deal after the season started then they need to make changes to the NIL. This is something they can implement. Every school will be on board. I was not a big fan of Sluka , loved his toughness and running ability as a QB ,but he almost always tried for the HR ball. HIS bravado seemed like he wanted to play HERO BALL! How many short passes did u see him make? IMO Marion seemed upset with the way the O was running. That is why Odom said we will win some ugly games!

Dude does anyone else’s middle finger hurt.

I think I have trigger finger
I'm posting this from the national board, and do NOT know of the accuracy of it, just passing on info:

Copied and pasted from the MAIN Board

"To everyone who responded to my post. I have a friend who works for Friends of UNILV (their collective), he said they've paid him everything he agreed to, got him a place to live and a vehicle to drive.

He came to them after the first win over Houston and said he needed a better car, they said they would look into it. He came again after the win over Kansas and asked for more money, they said they didn't have more. He asked where his new car was, they said none of the dealerships were interested for the price the collective could afford.

He went to the head coach. Head coach said he can't do anything, school isn't associated with the collective. He thew a fit and quit the team. The collective and university can't say shit, because of future ramifications."
uncle Cliff failed us..

I'm posting this from the national board, and do NOT know of the accuracy of it, just passing on info:

"To everyone who responded to my post. I have a friend who works for Friends of UNILV (their collective), he said they've paid him everything he agreed to, got him a place to live and a vehicle to drive.

He came to them after the first win over Houston and said he needed a better car, they said they would look into it. He came again after the win over Kansas and asked for more money, they said they didn't have more. He asked where his new car was, they said none of the dealerships were interested for the price the collective could afford.

He went to the head coach. Head coach said he can't do anything, school isn't associated with the collective. He thew a fit and quit the team. The collective and university can't say shit, because of future ramifications."
What a scumbag....

Slukunt

• Haha
Reactions: RebelScrub
Now his agent is saying if they can get a deal in place hed be open to returning.. That tells me all I need to know about who is at fault here...You dont come out and say that unless this was not well received by coaches you were hearing from ..
F*** THAT I’d rather lose the rest of our games than get this little shit back. He can go be a twat somewhere else. His dad? Don’t get me started

IMO, we paid everything he was entitled to in any written contract. If we didn't, we'd get sued and lose. Must have been - as his dad said _ a verbal promise of additional money that didn't come through.
Long-term, which the media and the world thinks is a four-letter word now, the courts will determine if we honored the agreement or not. If we honored the written contract as-is, then we are clear. If not, they take us to court.

I don't agree to anything binding verbally. "Let's meet for a drink." Sure, I'll accept that. "I want to give you six-figures." Is a handshake sufficient?

BS

• Love
Reactions: LVRebel2000
Long-term, which the media and the world thinks is a four-letter word now, the courts will determine if we honored the agreement or not. If we honored the written contract as-is, then we are clear. If not, they take us to court.

I don't agree to anything binding verbally. "Let's meet for a drink." Sure, I'll accept that. "I want to give you six-figures." Is a handshake sufficient?

BS
What court.. Hes not suing the school, hes simply saying hes quitting the job to go elsewhere.

Reactions: rickyb55
What court.. Hes not suing the school, hes simply saying hes quitting the job to go elsewhere.
GOOD PISS OFF TO THE B1G and disappear for life. Woohoo you made a million bucks. Some inbred from Reno living in a trailer just hit that on a slot. Another guy who could have been immortalized next to Odoms statue is now canonized as one of the roundest, cheese-wheel-like chodes in our city’s history.

Don't the NIL contracts have language in them to protect the schools/donors from exactly this type of situation? I mean, ultimately it's a contract of sorts, so if you sign it and bail, I would think you'd be subject to lawsuit for breach of contract. Then again, I have no idea how they format this and what sort of rules are in place for NIL since it's such a new deal.
They certainly should and a CBS article quotes Odom as saying they do everything in writing. So you would think they are covered!

Free Ricky White! Free the passing game!

We’ve won games at the line of scrimmage and with our defense. We will continue to do so. It’s time to rally and rise with the under promised QB that probably deserved it more all along.

Bye, Matty poo-poo! 👋
"Rickey White is FREEEEEE" Should be on every poster in Allegiant this Saturday,

this conference stuff has had me almost done with the school in general…..wasn’t sure what to do and needed a sign, and this morning Slukunt quits because he’s either a piece of crap or we are….hahahahahahaha sign received
I'm not going to make an uninformed judgement. But, Coach Odom has a very good reputation. Look at the number of players followed him from other schools. To me, that shows loyalty. Additionally, we have a couple of All-Americans on the team, and there doesn't seem to be a problem with broken promises. Fact that Sluka's family went out and got an agent doesn't bode well for him. Technically a verbal is not a binding contract. Likewise, it wasn't Odom who promised him anything, it was an assistant coach (so they say). I find it far more plausible the he did get NIL money but was not satisfied when the team did well after the wins. Also, stories out there that Sluka went to Odom's office and demanded $300,000 more on Monday also sounds plausible. If he hadn't been paid the full $100,000 why would he up the ante?

So from what I gather. Agent is saying UNLV NIL collective promised a large sum of money/car via handshake and didn't get anything in writing. Sluka went to collect and UNLV told him to kick rocks?

Sounds like he learned an important life lesson.

Agent is an idiot.
So does the agent get his percentage of the handshake deal? Plus, I heard the collective rep had his fingers crossed when the made the handshake so it didn't count.

Sorry. Super late to the party
More like Sluka Gone-bitch, amirite!?!?
But seriously I find it hard to believe that we can't afford 100k for a Qb1 and that we only offered 12k and no living expenses. I smell a bunch of spin from their camp.

I really like the statement UNLV released. "UNLV doesn't respond to implied threats"

You can't let this piece of shite "agent" try to make a power move. These guys really looking like clowns the more this progresses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT