ADVERTISEMENT

Sluka Redshirting and Transferring

All of college football needs to make an example of Sluka so the next one thinks twice. Make it universal that schit like this won't be tolerated. By the fans or respectable schools.

Would any respectable school pull this douche from the portal puting a target on their chest? I can't see it. They'd never live it down.

Leading me to believe he may have gotten the money he was looking for, but for leaving. This is a career ending move.

Or he was being replaced and pulled an even bigger douchy move.

One thing I know for sure is, if NIL money was promised and not fulfilled, Odom would have done everything in his power to make it right.
If they paid him money they should sue him to get it back. Guess I'm not surprised UNLV always gets screwed somehow or another. Conference realignment screwing is next.

All of college football needs to make an example of Sluka so the next one thinks twice. Make it universal that schit like this won't be tolerated. By the fans or respectable schools.

Would any respectable school pull this douche from the portal puting a target on their chest? I can't see it. They'd never live it down.

Leading me to believe he may have gotten the money he was looking for, but for leaving. This is a career ending move.

One thing I know for sure is, if NIL money was promised and not fulfilled, Odom would have done everything in his power to make it right.
Absolutely this.

Too many unknowns and rumors less than 24 hours after BUT IF there is a shred of truth I would want the coaching staff to use this as a teaching moment for the entire country.

No need to “keep things internal” when you’ve so publicly been treated as such. Time to salt the earth in front of him and everyone who thinks they’ll come after.

Absolutely this.

Too many unknowns and rumors less than 24 hours after BUT IF there is a shred of truth I would want the coaching staff to use this as a teaching moment for the entire country.

No need to “keep things internal” when you’ve so publicly been treated as such. Time to salt the earth in front of him and everyone who thinks they’ll come after.
Lawsuit to get the money back since he didn't play the year. A contract doesn't necessarily have to be in writing to be enforceable.

Lawsuit to get the money back since he didn't play the year. A contract doesn't necessarily have to be in writing to be enforceable.
Don't the NIL contracts have language in them to protect the schools/donors from exactly this type of situation? I mean, ultimately it's a contract of sorts, so if you sign it and bail, I would think you'd be subject to lawsuit for breach of contract. Then again, I have no idea how they format this and what sort of rules are in place for NIL since it's such a new deal.

So first of F**k you for quitting on the team Sluka.

Second, taking out the blowout game vs a 0-4 Utah Tech, Sluka wasn't setting the world on fire with his passing ability. We shouldn't see much if any of a step back in that department.

His totals vs KU/Houston was 13 of 31 , 3 TD, 1 INT and a whopping 157 yards.

All American Ricky White in those two games, 5 Rec for 15 yards and 0 TD!!!

Sluka's mobility will be missed, that's about it.

He definitely was not being replaced. Leads the team/program to the first top 25 ranking ever but we’re going to try the other guy!? Huh?

Free Ricky White! Free the passing game!

We’ve won games at the line of scrimmage and with our defense. We will continue to do so. It’s time to rally and rise with the under promised QB that probably deserved it more all along.

Bye, Matty poo-poo! 👋

Reactions: RebelinWA
So he didn’t get the $$ he was promised from UNLV then decided to go find $$ elsewhere for next year mid season??

Awesome teammate
If he didn't get the money he was promised, that's one thing. If another college "poaches" him with promises of more money, the NCAA should suspend that university for the rest of the year. At this point, I have no idea of who is right.

Don't the NIL contracts have language in them to protect the schools/donors from exactly this type of situation? I mean, ultimately it's a contract of sorts, so if you sign it and bail, I would think you'd be subject to lawsuit for breach of contract. Then again, I have no idea how they format this and what sort of rules are in place for NIL since it's such a new deal.
If UNLV's side of the story is true, any school involved in the poaching should be suspended for the rest of the year.

Reactions: SilverSpoon
If UNLV's side of the story is true, any school involved in the poaching should be suspended for the rest of the year.
Well, unfortunately, that's the catch in this whole thing. Once agents become involved, it gets messy. If ASU (for example) goes to the NIL agent and says, we'd really like a mobile QB who has led his team to a 3-0 start, and are willing to pay him $XXX if he goes on redshirt and transfers to our school, but doesn't mention him by name, and that message gets relayed to Sluka, is the University at fault? Or at this point, does it even matter if they tell the agent his name and tell them to find out how much he wants? I don't know that there are any rules in place for this whole NIL game.

Heard on other media his father is saying an assistant coach made a verbal promise that $ 100 thousand would come Sluka's way and it never materialized.

He definitely was not being replaced. Leads the team/program to the first top 25 ranking ever but we’re going to try the other guy!? Huh?
If anyone is responsible for our ranking, it's our defense. In my opinion, Sluka had Marion's system limited because of his arm. I can't be the only one here that saw that. I think the players comments at the start of the season about all 3 QB's were spot on. Wish I knew where I could find that again.

So...

Who did us more dirty? Pitino or Sluka?

It's essentially the same action of using UNLV to better yourself. I left Maxson out because he's at the top regardless and it's a different beast.

I'm going to argue Pitino because, essentially, we're still bleeding from that one.

Absolutely this.

I wish. Odom will keep it classy even though the program was screwed by the Bob Sugar’s of the world. Bob Sugar is a snake!

this conference stuff has had me almost done with the school in general…..wasn’t sure what to do and needed a sign, and this morning Slukunt quits because he’s either a piece of crap or we are….hahahahahahaha sign received

The NCAA cannot possibly corral all that escaped with the opening of Pandora’s box. They wouldn’t know where to begin, they don’t want the courts, they don’t want to spend the time and money … it’s the Wild West. I think this will all lead to the inevitable more quickly.

If anyone is responsible for our ranking, it's our defense. In my opinion, Sluka had Marion's system limited because of his arm. I can't be the only one here that saw that. I think the players comments at the start of the season about all 3 QB's were spot on. Wish I knew where I could find that again.
You must not have watched the Kansas game. Sure the defense played well, but so did there’s. Sluka won that game with some clutch 3rd down, making something out of nothing plays. Unfortunately he also got a big head about it and is out.

I still am not wrapping my head around how that is even possible with his NIL “contract”.

Reactions: SilverSpoon
Agents do the NIL deals, it's all in writing. Who does a verbal contract with an assistant coach for only 100k??

I think we know the answer.
And if there was a verbal agreement for $ 100 K we would have paid him. Shit, Barry would have cut him a check.

hows it working out for that kid that transferred out at the end of last season? The kid who started for you guys,

I'm posting this from the national board, and do NOT know of the accuracy of it, just passing on info:

Copied and pasted from the MAIN Board

"To everyone who responded to my post. I have a friend who works for Friends of UNILV (their collective), he said they've paid him everything he agreed to, got him a place to live and a vehicle to drive.

He came to them after the first win over Houston and said he needed a better car, they said they would look into it. He came again after the win over Kansas and asked for more money, they said they didn't have more. He asked where his new car was, they said none of the dealerships were interested for the price the collective could afford.

He went to the head coach. Head coach said he can't do anything, school isn't associated with the collective. He thew a fit and quit the team. The collective and university can't say shit, because of future ramifications."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT