ADVERTISEMENT

Sideline enthusiasm

dcut03

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
Man I just love how pumped our guys get on the sidelines. Is it the strength coaches that get everyone riled up?
I know its easy to get pumped for the first game, and easy to be happy during a blow out, but these guys were doing this all year last year.

This has to help with recruiting. Watching the guys have fun out there has to be appealing.

Last edited:
Man I just love how pumped our guys get on the sidelines. Is it the strength coaches that get everyone riled up?
I know its easy to get pumped for the first game, and easy to be happy during a blow out, but these guys were doing this all year last year.

This has to help with recruiting. Watching the guys have fun out there has to be appealing.
Yup, that was Coach Belton. He is fun to watch on the sidelines.

His contributions coming over from, where was it? USC? Is not to be discounted. He has such a big impact on this team. I hope we can keep him.
Wouldn't swear to it, but I think he has USC and Baylor ties. Dude is a hype machine though. Players feed off that guy more than can be stated.

Reactions: depuppy3
It's that kind of enthusiasm that can become contagious. I hope the public catches it throughout the season and can grow the attendance to a higher level.

The attendance at the game was just short of 19k for a Thursday game when the Boise State game, which was also on a Thursday last year, only had about 13.5K in attendance. This is a good sign for UNLV and you can expect to see 25K+ as long as UNLV wins at least one of the next two games.

Sonic Boom of the South helped out with that number. But i was at the game and will say it filled in by the end of the first. Better crowd than i expected. an average of 20K plus would be huge for the program.....

UNLV had just under 20k per game last season, I would hope for more in the 25K range. I also believe at least a few thousand people turned around and went home due to Russell being shut down and the two hour plus traffic jam.

Beat CMU in two weeks and expect a big boost in the crowd due to better traffic, little better game verse Idaho, and the game on a Saturday instead of a Thursday (there were way less children at this game due to it being a school night)

Beat both CMU and UCLA (you never know) and we can expect 30k+ at the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT