ADVERTISEMENT

SDSU CAN'T EVER BE TRUSTED

Where do you get you academic rankings from? I’ve never thought of UNLV my alma mater as average and SDSU poor, I’d reverse those. I know there are a million different ranking systems so just curious who ranks UNLV above SDSU. US News & World Report (No idea how credible) ranks SDSU #151 National university and UNLV 285, and 72/146 public school. No idea if acceptance rate comes into play in their rankings? SDSU which is one of the most applied to schools is 38% vs UNLV which basically everyone gets in is 83%
You're thinking a bit like an undergrad, and not from the point of actual academia which is what matters to big academic conferences.

US news and world report is one of the contributing factors, and looking at 4 year programs, SDSU *is* a better school than UNLV right now for a lot of categories. However, they only offer 18 doctoral programs, UNLV offers 56. SDSU doesn't have a dentistry, medical doctor, or juris doctorate which UNLV offers (neither school offer veterinary degrees which is sort of the 4th prestige doctorate program) UNLV offers almost double the total graduate programs (SDSU's count is funny because of how they break down some of their MBs). UNLV is an R1 research university, SDSU is an R2.

Quick Edit: UNLV also offers dental surgery beyond standard DDS degrees. Neither school offers PharmD which is probably another prestige degree field.

Last edited:
You're thinking a bit like an undergrad, and not from the point of actual academia which is what matters to big academic conferences.

US news and world report is one of the contributing factors, and looking at 4 year programs, SDSU *is* a better school than UNLV right now for a lot of categories. However, they only offer 18 doctoral programs, UNLV offers 56. SDSU doesn't have a dentistry, medical doctor, or juris doctorate which UNLV offers (neither school offer veterinary degrees which is sort of the 4th prestige doctorate program) UNLV offers almost double the total graduate programs (SDSU's count is funny because of how they break down some of their MBs). UNLV is an R1 research university, SDSU is an R2.

Quick Edit: UNLV also offers dental surgery beyond standard DDS degrees. Neither school offers PharmD which is probably another prestige degree field.
At the time, I had wished UNLV had pharma, it’s the direction I intended on going. But family circumstances and, quite frankly, the Rebels, kept me from going outside the city limits. Kids can be so stupid.

Where do you get you academic rankings from? I’ve never thought of UNLV my alma mater as average and SDSU poor, I’d reverse those. I know there are a million different ranking systems so just curious who ranks UNLV above SDSU. US News & World Report (No idea how credible) ranks SDSU #151 National university and UNLV 285, and 72/146 public school. No idea if acceptance rate comes into play in their rankings? SDSU which is one of the most applied to schools is 38% vs UNLV which basically everyone gets in is 83%
Academic ranking tends to have a few factors, I'm not sure how much acceptance rate factor's in. Obviously research plays a big role, types of programs offered plays a role. Individual programs within the university are ranked (which again ties to research), so I'm sure that plays a role.

We have a PT Program! Why isn't that ever mentioned???

I've got some friends who are Pharmacists. If you didn't like the red tape of your lab, you'd hate working as an RPh (or so they tell me).
Medical altogether has nosedived … priorities shifted drastically awhile back … it wasn’t dept to dept, it’s been systematic.

Medical altogether has nosedived … priorities shifted drastically awhile back … it wasn’t dept to dept, it’s been systematic.
Not disagreeing with you about this. Home Health was forced to change in Jan 2020 (coincidence that this coincides to a certain world event?) due to a change in Medicare (and, therefore, all insurance) reimbursement schedules. All of a sudden access to patients was decreased (i.e., the number of visits that we were allowed to make) resulting in better or worse outcomes... I'll let you decide that one.

The red tape has crushed this entire industry.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Not disagreeing with you about this. Home Health was forced to change in Jan 2020 (coincidence that this coincides to a certain world event?) due to a change in Medicare (and, therefore, all insurance) reimbursement schedules. All of a sudden access to patients was decreased (i.e., the number of visits that we were allowed to make) resulting in better or worse outcomes... I'll let you decide that one.

The red tape has crushed this entire industry.
Started way before that in hospital for us. The whole Obamacare thing really screwed up hospital systems. We went from hospitalists making the key decisions to accountants making them. And you go from patient centric to $$$ being at the center of it all. It’s a bad model …

But you’re right, it got worse with the Covid thing. Because then on top of all the implemented red tape of previous 10 years, you had lots people leaving the field. And I don’t know that there is a national surplus of any skilled hospital labor. So now you’re consistently short and the hospitals HAVE NOT slowed down a bit …. There was no spike because of Covid and there’s been no drop since ….

We are officially a basketball school if any of this realignment happens without us! Give Kevin an extension now before we lose him, who cares if he can’t coach!

It’ll be very interesting to see how many sports we can pay for with less than a $1 million annual TV deal. It’s good Sam Boyd hasn’t been leveled. That’s a premier big sky venue.

Reactions: rebel5280
Maybe we are only a few years away from a full split of the "haves" and the "have nots"... I look forward to it. Why do we play for the same title Bama does?

The tweet included in that article is from an unreliable source. Not saying it won’t happen (I have no idea), but there are predictions in the past year from that same user that were way off.
The tweet was suspect but I had also seen that tweet in an article from Sportskeeda whoever the hell they are. I went to another board and they thought it was bullshit as well. Just no confirmation anywhere to be found.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT