ADVERTISEMENT

Sanchez on the Hot Seat according to Yard Barker

Knight Rebel702

NBA Draft Pick
Nov 11, 2016
IMO, The seat is not Hot yet but, it's definitely getting warmer! And the progress is slower that desirable but, there is progress none the less. Does anyone now how long it took Bill Snyder to post his 1st Winning season at Kansas state? Mind you they were the worst Football program in D1 history when he took over. I believe TS will have his 1st Winning season next year if Rogers stays healthy and continues to develop.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...on-the-hot-seat/ss-AAu0sVf?li=BBnba9I#image=4

Firing Sanchez isn’t the right move right now, but that doesn’t mean he’s immune from pressure. He absolutely should be feeling it, with the product that’s being put out on the field right now.

Reactions: wattjose
Firing Sanchez isn’t the right move right now, but that doesn’t mean he’s immune from pressure. He absolutely should be feeling it, with the product that’s being put out on the field right now.
Agreed.

But I also think that exterior pressure should be insignificant compared to internal pressure. A coach should always be harder on himself than the fans could ever be.

Agreed.

But I also think that exterior pressure should be insignificant compared to internal pressure. A coach should always be harder on himself than the fans could ever be.
Which is one of the things that irks me because he seems pretty nonchalant about it.

Which is one of the things that irks me because he seems pretty nonchalant about it.
I think it’s very tough to read internal turmoil. Some hide it very well, others wear it on their sleeves.

You don’t get to this level without having an extremely competitiveness nature and hatred of losing. Some people are very stoic and can play it off as non chalant, some may get pissy and off kilter (Sanford/locker room tirade), some can be smooth diplomatics about it. I don’t think there’s a right or wrong way to do it, it’s personality based. As long as they have it. Sanchez does have it. He wants to win more than any fan wants UNLV to win. I promise that.

I think it’s very tough to read internal turmoil. Some hide it very well, others wear it on their sleeves.

You don’t get to this level without having an extremely competitiveness nature and hatred of losing. Some people are very stoic and can play it off as non chalant, some may get pissy and off kilter (Sanford/locker room tirade), some can be smooth diplomatics about it. I don’t think there’s a right or wrong way to do it, it’s personality based. As long as they have it. Sanchez does have it. He wants to win more than any fan wants UNLV to win. I promise that.
One staff change may just does. This team is so close to being decent

His decisions now and in December are going to determine whether he goes in to future seasons with a preheated seat. A 5-7 year next year with the same things we've all been talking about for a month is different than 5-7 with a new coordinator or two. It almost extends his tenure by a year by default (having a new coordinator).

Yeah, Sanchez's demeanor doesn't bother me. He takes ownership (most of the time) when things don't right.

They "we should be 4-2" talk is a little annoying. I know what he means, and both losses are flukey, but I don't like that he is saying it. It should be more about finishing games and executing, which he does talk about a lot.

Maybe if it was we "could be 4-2" if we took care of business, then it would sit better with me.

Maybe if it was we "could be 4-2" if we took care of business, then it would sit better with me.
The silver lining to this bad first half of the season is the "what could have been." If this team is 1-2 wins away from a bowl game, at the end of the season, then you hope they take that and use it as motivation to work/practice a little bit harder during the off season.

Yeah, Sanchez's demeanor doesn't bother me. He takes ownership (most of the time) when things don't right.

They "we should be 4-2" talk is a little annoying. I know what he means, and both losses are flukey, but I don't like that he is saying it. It should be more about finishing games and executing, which he does talk about a lot.

I don’t like “should be’s” either because it promotes a lack of accountability which is never good.

I don’t like “should be’s” either because it promotes a lack of accountability which is never good.
What I was referring to in my statement. It just really rubbed me the wrong way after Howard when it didn’t appear to me they were taking a hard look at themselves for that loss.

Seat can't be hot when A. there's a long history of losing anyway and B. the only deep-pockets guy backing football is in your corner.

That being said, he does not come across quite right for a coach who lost to Howard (hey! Bison have won three straight and are 4-1 in the MEAC!) and allowed one of the worst-built teams to erase a huge deficit to erase a huge deficit. But his recruiting is better than his predecessors' and that part of the game really is a process.

So grin and bear it, folks. Even in a weak conference, you don't always climb that quickly.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
What I was referring to in my statement. It just really rubbed me the wrong way after Howard when it didn’t appear to me they were taking a hard look at themselves for that loss.
To be fair, 90% of what they were saying after the Howard and AFA losses was about accountability. Also, we don't know what was said behind closed doors vs publically to the media.
There is a line to tow after losses like that. Don't want to sap confidence but also don't want to be too lenient. Who knows were the coaching staff really were.
He is also trying to sell this program as a product for the fans.
Still don't like the coaches saying the "shoulda"s

Just to help put this in context for everyone - it's at the ~12:35 mark:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT