ADVERTISEMENT

Roster Breakdown/Predictions

Jay's Rebel's

Lottery Pick
Gold Member
May 4, 2012
Someone mentioned confusion on where we stand with the current roster due to all the recent activity, so i thought i'd get the conversation started... We have good indications of the guys who are most likely to commit, but who will be the guys pushed out to make room...?

Current roster, as of right now:

Guards:
Jordan Johnson - G, 5'11 Senior
Jovan Mooring - G, 6'2 Senior
Kris Clyburn - G, 6'6 Junior
Jay Greene - G, 6'5 Freshmen

Forwards:
Dwayne Morgan - PF, 6'8 Junior
Djordjije S. - PF, 6'10 Sophomore
Ben Coupet Jr. - SF, 6'7 Sophomore
Anthony Smith - SF, 6'7 Sophomore
Tervell Beck - SF, 6'6 Sophomore

Centers:
Cheickna Dembele - C, 6'11 Sophomore
Brandon Mccoy - C, 7'0 Freshmen
Chiekh Diong - C, 6'10 Freshmen

That's 12 players on scholarship as of right now, leaving 1 scholarship left...

Potential Main Targets to fill that Scholarship:

Andre Rafus - PF, 6'9 Freshmen: 3/4 stars
MJ Walker - SG, 6'5 Freshmen: 5 stars (Unlikely at the moment)
Amauri Hardy - PG, 6'2 Freshmen: 3/4 stars
Shakur Juiston - PF, 6'7 Junior: Unanimous #1 JUCO Prospect

Potential Returning players to get the boot in order to clear more room:

Djordjije Sljivancanin
Ben Coupet Jr.
Kris Clyburn... Although, i think and hope that he will be fine...

Regardless of how the rest shakes out, CMM & staff have done an unbelievable job and i truly am excited for what next year has in store...

IMO, I'd like to see commitments from just Amauri Hardy and Shakur Juiston... One would take the last scholarship, and then personally, i think Ben Coupet needs to head elsewhere in order to clear room for the other...

I know that many of you have talked about and like the idea of Andre Rafus, but that means yet another player has to be shown the door... And this would most likely be Djordjije S. Personally, i think Andre is a great prospect and would provide another big body with a great stroke, but i think Djordjije is a much better keep/fit for this team... Djordjije is a great teammate, hard worker, unselfish, and a pivotal scout team player, which is hard to come by these days... I can't say the same for Rafus yet, but I just don't believe Rafus is worth the risk, especially with his SAT scores and the uncertainty of maintaining a good APR in the future... What's your guys' thoughts?

Like i said, either way, I'm very content with the group we have and the group that we could have in the coming days, if this shakes out the way we all want it to... Definitely feels great to finally have some excitement and something to look forward to next year, lets go boyyyyyyyyyysss!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News