ADVERTISEMENT

Rob Whaley Jr.?

khokhol8

National Player of the Year
May 24, 2012
Any news on Rob Whaley Jr.'s injury? He went down in the first half against Colorado St. and didn't return.

Presuming he’s getting evaluated today? No news is not good news in this case. If he was fine you’d expect the program would say as much.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Well i actually served Thomas and his family last night. All he told me they hope soon 4 Whaley. I said i hope also.. Plus Dj has been injured 4 the last month and half. Was in his walking boot again. So as good as he has been playing he has been doing that injured.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Whaley is something else, I can’t remember who I was going back and forth with back in the summer about Whaley but you were right about him and I was wrong, he is a key piece at UNLV going forward!

Whaley is something else, I can’t remember who I was going back and forth with back in the summer about Whaley but you were right about him and I was wrong, he is a key piece at UNLV going forward!
It’s all good 😎💪🏼

It’s true there are no longer NBA elite talents like LJ, JR, Marion ect on the juco level. But top 30 juco’s like Whaley and Juiston appear to transition very well to D-1 ball. Whaley was the No.12 ranked 2023. Bear is ranked No. 2 in 2024.

It’s true there are no longer NBA elite talents like LJ, JR, Marion ect on the juco level. But top 30 juco’s like Whaley and Juiston appear to transition very well to D-1 ball. Whaley was the No.12 ranked 2023. Bear is ranked No. 2 in 2024.
Can't wait to see Bear play at nearly 7 foot tall. Another Coach Barret Perry' s recruit?

Last edited:
Tim, did you see what the Wyoming's Coach Linder said about the UNLV team? He said that is the "highest paid team team". Pre-game. I dont know about you all but that made me proud if it is true.

Can't wait to see Bear play at nearly 7 foot tall. Another Coach Barret Perry' s recruit?
I think he is. Bear has a nice skill set in the post. But what I really like about him is that he appears to have a motor and he can run the floor. Bear will bring some old school toughness IMO.

Reactions: rebel5280
If they all come on board, or stay, and continue to improve their skills it will be the absolute end of the days when we are overpowered under the rim. Cherry, Barnarbie, Cottrell and N'Diaye along with Whaley, Evans and Hill. There has to be a couple of players in that bunch who can defend, rebound and score.

We will need a couple of guards who can shoot and a guard or two who can make their own shot to go with DTJ and Hicks ( with JJ ?? and Nowell??)

To me, this looks like a potential powerful lineup.

If they all come on board, or stay, and continue to improve their skills it will be the absolute end of the days when we are overpowered under the rim. Cherry, Barnarbie, Cottrell and N'Diaye along with Whaley, Evans and Hill. There has to be a couple of players in that bunch who can defend, rebound and score.

We will need a couple of guards who can shoot and a guard or two who can make their own shot to go with DTJ and Hicks ( with JJ ?? and Nowell??)

To me, this looks like a potential powerful lineup.
This is what I have been saying!
Imagine a couple of guys like Harkless or Hamilton flanking DJ… that would be nice to have here!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT