ADVERTISEMENT

Ricky White

Steady increase in volume... He's going to break the season record for yards by a Rebel. Its nice having a WR that a young QB can just chuck the ball up to and go and get it or is where he needs to be.

Steady increase in volume... He's going to break the season record for yards by a Rebel. Its nice having a WR that a young QB can just chuck the ball up to and go and get it or is where he needs to be.
It’s been huge. But I like having a quick back like DeJesus that needs just a little space … not going to lie though, I LOVE having a tight end with hands, one that does more than block. One of my favorite NFL players growing up was Dave Casper. Ballungay has been really good even with limited touches.

I still think Gicinto has some big catches coming, just missed last game.

It just seems like we have a lot of options on offense … not every guy is a game breaker type, but all solid enough. So many runners we can go with, fresh legs, each (IMO) would be a 1000 yard rusher if they were the the primary ball carrier for 15-20 plus rushes per game, but as it is, we spread the wealth, and I think it’s to our huge advantage.

He could have had 12 catches for 180+ against UTEP and Bryant but we were gashing both of them on the ground and it made sense to just ride those horses

Love Ricky White. It’s crazy that teams still game plan for him and it doesn’t matter, and he’s opening up the field to other outlets.

He could have had 12 catches for 180+ against UTEP and Bryant but we were gashing both of them on the ground and it made sense to just ride those horses

Love Ricky White. It’s crazy that teams still game plan for him and it doesn’t matter, and he’s opening up the field to other outlets.
Our offensive system gives multiple players the opportunity to be a weapon. It’s not like we have 5 star guys out-athleting or out-talenting the opposition. The success is in the design, it’s an offense that has potency because of design.

Which is why I have disliked our basketball offense. It’s bland and predictable and by its design, it makes nobody better and doesn’t yield high level opportunities across the board.

The are exactly the opposite in consistency and efficiency.

Our offensive system gives multiple players the opportunity to be a weapon. It’s not like we have 5 star guys out-athleting or out-talenting the opposition. The success is in the design, it’s an offense that has potency because of design.

Which is why I have disliked our basketball offense. It’s bland and predictable and by its design, it makes nobody better and doesn’t yield high level opportunities across the board.

The credit I give Odom for this is his trust in the OC, who obviously deserves credit for the design. Not all guys can step back and let their guy do their thing, they micromanage.

I’ve always liked coaches who trust and delegate and give authority to assistants. Tark was amazing with that. It’s a team wide thing, everyone do their part and carry their weight.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Well we started the season with 2 OL starters out. It took a while for us to learn how to both run block and pass block. QB's were getting crushed with very little time. Hard to throw the ball downfield in those situations.

We really tried to establish the run schemes early with our games. Part of that was because we could, but it is necessary to open up the playbook. After Vandy we really didn't try to stretch the field until maybe UNR. Heavily relying on the run and the short pass.

So part of it is expanding the offense, opening up the playbook for Maiava as time went on, and basically just adding concepts to the established playbook.

Also Ricky did struggle a bit too early on.

Well we started the season with 2 OL starters out. It took a while for us to learn how to both run block and pass block. QB's were getting crushed with very little time. Hard to throw the ball downfield in those situations.

We really tried to establish the run schemes early with our games. Part of that was because we could, but it is necessary to open up the playbook. After Vandy we really didn't try to stretch the field until maybe UNR. Heavily relying on the run and the short pass.

So part of it is expanding the offense, opening up the playbook for Maiava as time went on, and basically just adding concepts to the established playbook.

Also Ricky did struggle a bit too early on.
Exactly. No one talks about the Hogs up front! Specifically, the blind side with left guard Makihele and left tackle St. John. Both were out until after the Michigan game and St. John is special at the left tackle. Rivals ranked him as a 4 star out of high school and the No. 9 offensive guard in the Nation at 6’3” and 310 lbs. That’s right St John was ranked a top 10 offensive guard out of high school. Now St. John is a 6’5” and 330 lb offensive tackle. The left tackles behind St. John are a 6’6” and 6’7” sophomore and freshmen. UNLV’s offensive line are no longer a bunch of short fat guys. Although not often discussed this is where Odom made some big pickups in the portal. I am hoping Odom goes after the 4 Star freshman offensive tackle from Michigan State that just hit the portal.

Exactly. No one talks about the Hogs up front! Specifically, the blind side with left guard Makihele and left tackle St. John. Both were out until after the Michigan game and St. John is special at the left tackle. Rivals ranked him as a 4 star out of high school and the No. 9 offensive guard in the Nation at 6’3” and 310 lbs. That’s right St John was ranked a top 10 offensive guard out of high school. Now St. John is a 6’5” and 330 lb offensive tackle. The left tackles behind St. John are a 6’6” and 6’7” sophomore and freshmen. UNLV’s offensive line are no longer a bunch of short fat guys. Although not often discussed this is where Odom made some big pickups in the portal. I am hoping Odom goes after the 4 Star freshman offensive tackle from Michigan State that just hit the portal.
Why would we want a transfer from Michigan State 😁 😁😁 All you need to say is Ricky White III and I am sold!

Why would we want a transfer from Michigan State 😁 😁😁 All you need to say is Ricky White III and I am sold!
Jacoby Widmon must be hating life. He’s out with a chest injury. Should have just stayed at UNLV.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT