ADVERTISEMENT

Regents to FIRE Maxson Jessup & Tina Finfrock-Murphy

man your really losing it huh? Just don't show up to game next year like a lot of people.
You guys dont realize this sh!t. But your coaches like Bobby Knight, Tubby Smith all tossed their names....never mind. Our adminstration is just too mess up for words. These UNLV people made too many mistakes.

Reactions: Mjs_702
What's the point of starting a thread with a subject line that is completely false? You get exactly five seconds of fame, everyone clicks your post, wastes five minutes of their valuable time, and then reads nothing but a bunch of nonsense.

What's the point of starting a thread with a subject line that is completely false? You get exactly five seconds of fame, everyone clicks your post, wastes five minutes of their valuable time, and then reads nothing but a bunch of nonsense.
F off, you've lost a lot more than 5 seconds if you've been following this circus act!

Don't trust what; the fact that he interviewed or that he's not that great of a coach? Just check his history.

I was big on Beard until the arrogance came bursting out in his press conference here. To be perfectly honest, I think UNLV may have gotten the better coach and a mill to boot. Thanks, TT. Not sour grapes, I wish Beard the best, but after watching him beat his chest and tell us what a winner is, then proceed to start alienating the few players we had left, good riddance.

I was big on Beard until the arrogance came bursting out in his press conference here

I saw it from moment one... Beard is a Bob Knight deciple. Arrogance is the cornerstone of everything that is Bob Knight.

That and violent temper tantrums. He's a despicable person.

Last edited:
then proceed to start alienating the few players we had left, good riddance.

And that’s the point. Those posters, including some TT fans, trolls and non-trolls, keep saying “It’s his dream job” and “How can you blame him”. Not to mention, “Tubby did the same thing to us”. But it’s just not true. Beard didn’t merely bail on his commitment to UNLV. In his six days here he managed to clean house. Virtually every player and every coach. Gone.

And then he decided that he just had to go be with his daughters. This man who stayed for one year or less at every stop along his coaching journey. He didn’t seem to be all that concerned with his family up until now. Maybe that’s why his wife divorced him (admittedly a cheap shot, but I’m pissed).

So don’t tell me that all coaches do this. Those with any class at all show some concern for the state of the program that they’re leaving behind.

Beard has never faced a full season of playing with the big boys. My sincerest hope is that the likes of Bill Self, Lon Kruger, and Bob Huggins, etal make him their bitch.

And that’s the point. Those posters, including some TT fans, trolls and non-trolls, keep saying “It’s his dream job” and “How can you blame him”. Not to mention, “Tubby did the same thing to us”. But it’s just not true. Beard didn’t merely bail on his commitment to UNLV. In his six days here he managed to clean house. Virtually every player and every coach. Gone.

And then he decided that he just had to go be with his daughters. This man who stayed for one year or less at every stop along his coaching journey. He didn’t seem to be all that concerned with his family up until now. Maybe that’s why his wife divorced him (admittedly a cheap shot, but I’m pissed).

So don’t tell me that all coaches do this. Those with any class at all show some concern for the state of the program that they’re leaving behind.

Beard has never faced a full season of playing with the big boys. My sincerest hope is that the likes of Bill Self, Lon Kruger, and Bob Huggins, etal make him their bitch.

do you think the next coach would have cleaned house if beard didnt?

and he stayed 10 years in Lubbock btw

Reactions: LondonRedRaider
Chris Bird made 2 million beating Purdue. Other than that there really is no difference between him and Menzies. I think Menzies recruits better actually. Both underwhelming. Both unlv's 7th, 8th choice going down the list.

do you think the next coach would have cleaned house if beard didnt?

and he stayed 10 years in Lubbock btw

He stayed at TT for 10 years because TT doesn't have a standard of winning. He should have been fired with Pat after 7.

Bob Knight gave them marginal success and one S16. Pat Knight was an abject disaster that started losing the moment Bob fleeced the university into hiring him. Terrific contribution by Beard in those years!

How's this for a standard of winning.....Tubby gave them two losing seasons and a 19 win season with a first round loss in both the B12 and NCAA, and TT fans panicked when Memphis inexplicably decided he's worth $3 Mil. TT has never been taken seriously as a basketball program, and it never will, no matter how much football money your admin throws at it.

He stayed at TT for 10 years because TT doesn't have a standard of winning. He should have been fired with Pat after 7.

Bob Knight gave them marginal success and one S16. Pat Knight was an abject disaster that started losing the moment Bob fleeced the university into hiring him. Terrific contribution by Beard in those years!

How's this for a standard of winning.....Tubby gave them two losing seasons and a 19 win season with a first round loss in both the B12 and NCAA, and TT fans panicked when Memphis inexplicably decided he's worth $3 Mil. TT has never been taken seriously as a basketball program, and it never will, no matter how much football money your admin throws at it.
Hardly your point though. You said he didn't stay anywhere. He did.

Past performance is not an accurate prediction of the future.
That's nonsense. Past performance is a very accurate predictor of the future.
If Beard changes the culture, he can change the results. He's certainly made an impact in his lower-level one year fly by stops, it's yet to be determined if he can sustain that over the long run.

That's nonsense. Past performance is a very accurate predictor of the future.
If Beard changes the culture, he can change the results. He's certainly made an impact in his lower-level one year fly by stops, it's yet to be determined if he can sustain that over the long run.
I vehemently disagree and your statement supports my point by these words, "it's yet to be determined if he can sustain that over the long run."

If it were an accurate predictor, you wouldn't say what you did.

Reactions: RebtillDeath
I vehemently disagree and your statement supports my point by these words, "it's yet to be determined if he can sustain that over the long run."

If past performance wasn't an accurate predictor of the future then there wouldn't be any sports books in Vegas, they'd all be broke. Obviously, that's not the case.

Nobody's saying it's impossible for TT to win big, just that it's never happened and is highly unlikely. Even your (former) coach (Tubby) said you can't win in Lubbock. I doubt Beard changes history.

Speaking of holes....... Nobody has won in Lubbock. Even the great Bobby Knight couldn't get beyond a Sweet 16. And that ahole Beard is not gonna change that. History is history, and the ugly chick in the room? Well, all she can hope for is even uglier broads to walk in. Good luck, you're gonna need it!

Reactions: ThailandReb
London - Obviously your built in the same cloth as that sleaze you now have as a coach birds of a feather flock together!

1) Fact he got rid of the last of the coaching staff after he already was interviewing for the job at TT
2) Fact he made negative comments about all of the current players doing a very good job of running them off. Again, he already had knowledge that he was considering the job at TT
3) He lied and said he wouldn't disappoint the admin and fans when he accepted the job. It was obvious that he was waiting for more money.
4) Fact that he lied about meeting with Danny and Jerry Tarkanian in Kansas as his way of trying to get the fans behind him. He has already been called out on that lie by Danny and the fact that he was nowhere near Kansas during the time when he said they met.
5) Fact you now have a coach that has no ethics, no morals, and is as sleazy as they come.
6) Wow! You have another Bobby Knight. The type of coach that throws chair, assaults players, and assaulted a police officer in Puerto Rico. Lost job at Indiana for choking a player. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree! In the case of Beard instead of assaulting people he just can't tell the truth!

Dude, do you even understand what you are arguing? You continue to make my points and dig a deeper and deeper hole.

Don't believe me, see what some of the smartest researchers around have to say: https://hbr.org/2009/01/why-we-cant-predict-financial

Tubby's right, "he" couldn't win in Lubbock, which is why he snuck out of town in the still of the night.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you.

You appear to have Austrian economic leanings. While I recognize that there have been outrageously intelligent people from that school of thought, most of the world tends to disagree with their stances. In fact, many organizations and industries benefit from robust economic and statistical models.

I would challenge your stance with the example of pharmaceutical trials. Does the past performance of a pharmaceutical not provide us with some indication of what we can expect of the future performance of that particular drug? If we didn't rely on "previous performance", we would be guessing every time we created and administered medication to the masses.

I found a couple of issues with the article you linked. For one, the timing of the article. The whole world was in the middle of an economic fire, and economic and statistical models were criticized for not catching certain variables. This can certainly happen, and we can never account for all outliers, but that doesn't mean we should just stop using predictive modeling that has worked for us for a long time.

Also, the Tiger Woods example was terrible. Nobody worth their salt would base their model on such a comparative trend where the relationship between the trends lacks nomic necessity.

Last edited:
Perhaps he was in need of emergency dental care?

Magazine says Lubbock has worst teeth in nation

http://lubbockonline.com/stories/031308/hea_256489487.shtml#.Vxs4pdh-ynN
Hey, hey she can google! I reckon if I google Las Vegas I'll find the largest population of unregistered prostitutes.

FYI: the majority of Tech students come from Houston and Dallas. Unlike UNLV, Lubbock and Texas Tech are not synonymous. The university doesn't carry the cities name. While most of us like the city of Lubbock, like you might like Vegas, it tends to just be a place we stay for 4 years.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you.

You appear to have Austrian economic leanings. While I recognize that there have been outrageously intelligent people from that school of thought, most of the world tends to disagree with their stances. In fact, many organizations and industries benefit from robust economic and statistical models.

I would challenge your stance with the example of pharmaceutical trials. Does the past performance of a pharmaceutical not provide us with some indication of what we can expect of the future performance of that particular drug? If we didn't rely on "previous performance", we would be guessing every time we created and administered medication to the masses.

I found a couple of issues with the article you linked. For one, the timing of the article. The whole world was in the middle of an economic fire, and economic and statistical models were criticized for not catching certain variables. This can certainly happen, and we can never account for all outliers, but that doesn't mean we should just stop using predictive modeling that has worked for us for a long time.

Also, the Tiger Woods example was terrible. Nobody worth their salt would base their model on such a comparative trend where the relationship between the trends lacks nomic necessity.
Man, I'm really disappointed in you. I held the dictation at UNLV in much higher regard.

First, I get a girl trying to argue the point using betting odds and now a get another chick trying to prove the point using the pharma industry as the example. Really, pharma?? You do realize that the industry hits on less than 1% of all drugs. Regression and trending do not = predictability. Pharma uses std deviations and years and years of study and trials before it can get to even some semblance of predictability however, they still carry risks and side effects.

THAT ISNT CONSIDERED ACCURATE.

I don't know what you guys are learning out there in the desert but it certainly isn't the same as the rest of the world, whom have all learnt that the past is not an accurate predictor of the future. External risk factors, which are highly unpredictable, see to that.

London - Obviously your built in the same cloth as that sleaze you now have as a coach birds of a feather flock together!

1) Fact he got rid of the last of the coaching staff after he already was interviewing for the job at TT
2) Fact he made negative comments about all of the current players doing a very good job of running them off. Again, he already had knowledge that he was considering the job at TT
3) He lied and said he wouldn't disappoint the admin and fans when he accepted the job. It was obvious that he was waiting for more money.
4) Fact that he lied about meeting with Danny and Jerry Tarkanian in Kansas as his way of trying to get the fans behind him. He has already been called out on that lie by Danny and the fact that he was nowhere near Kansas during the time when he said they met.
5) Fact you now have a coach that has no ethics, no morals, and is as sleazy as they come.
6) Wow! You have another Bobby Knight. The type of coach that throws chair, assaults players, and assaulted a police officer in Puerto Rico. Lost job at Indiana for choking a player. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree! In the case of Beard instead of assaulting people he just can't tell the truth!
sour grapes.

Speaking of holes....... Nobody has won in Lubbock. Even the great Bobby Knight couldn't get beyond a Sweet 16. And that ahole Beard is not gonna change that. History is history, and the ugly chick in the room? Well, all she can hope for is even uglier broads to walk in. Good luck, you're gonna need it!
You're calling Lubbock a hole in comparison to Vegas?

Reactions: RebtillDeath
Yes. And it's people are obese, diabetic, and have the worst oral hygiene in the nation.
Yeeeeeeeeeehaaaw I reckon them Lubbock girls sure do look purty in pink!

2w71wnn.jpg

Last edited:

Just wondering why you are on our board? Is it to try to rub in in our face that you got the better coach? Well, we will see, time will tell. You got the coach we wanted first. But he told a few ugly lies to us in the presser, and some have been called out by the people he told them about already, namely the Tarks. He actually told a recruiting story about Tark, and his son Danny in a Truck in Texas, talking about UNLV, but Danny never worked for his Dad at UNLV. He worked for his dad at Fresno, and they years were all off. And Tark just didn't roll in a pick up truck. He might have in a desperate situation, but it is really hard to imagine that Tark would get himself into that situation, because he was too put together for that. It was a homespun story that works in Texas or Arkansas, but not so much in Vegas. You got your storyteller. Now let's see how big those fish get?! I personally hope we meet on the court within the next couple of years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT