ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

LINEBACKER_U

Retired Number
Aug 3, 2001
Henderson
Arroyo started out great when he arrived, however results from 2022 class are not good. The portal has not panned out in terms of numbers. 10 hs players. 7 transfers.
Disappointing. Especially when considering the NCAA allows up to 32 players for this class and next year's class. (As long as you keep 85 or less on scholarship total)

Arroyo started out great when he arrived, however results from 2022 class are not good. The portal has not panned out in terms of numbers. 10 hs players. 7 transfers.
Disappointing. Especially when considering the NCAA allows up to 32 players for this class and next year's class. (As long as you keep 85 or less on scholarship total)
If it weren't for Brum injuries, that last year squad could have won a few more games. I think we need to trust Arroyo recruiting abilities a little bit.

Reactions: Rebelsss
Totally agree. Football is many things. One of those things is numbers. By that I mean the total number of players on your squad. The next man up concept only works when there is a decent player who is the next man. If your roster has less than 85 scholarship players at the start of the year you are at a huge disadvantage to other programs that have a full team.

Those transfer numbers are not updated at all. I don't think Arroyo is done either, but some solid P5 transfers in there and the HS guys are some of the highest rated recruits UNLV has gotten in awhile. Definitely quality over quantity. Say what you want about his coaching ability, he's bringing in the biggest paper tiger UNLV has ever had recruiting-wise. All the hype mainly around Bailey/White.

The first group was:
Tennesee QB Harrison Bailey
Michigan St. WR Ricky White II
SMU O-Line Coby Bryant (SMU)
CoC O-Line Preston Nichols
Erksine WR Senika McKie
Florida St LB Jordan Eubanks

Second Group:
Utah CB Lacarea Pleasant-Johnson
Utah LB Elijah Shelton
Louisville RB Aidan Robbins
CSU-P WR Nick William

Then a trio of JUCO Guys:
LBs Keith Conley and Dave Heckard Jr.
DBs Donyai Dixon and Bijon Harris

I hope you're right about the numbers. Hopefully I'm missing a bunch of portal guys. With 32 "initial counters" available this year and next year. We need to be managing the roster...ie adding guys (32 if possible) and trimming the fat to make room for them.

Those transfer numbers are not updated at all. I don't think Arroyo is done either, but some solid P5 transfers in there and the HS guys are some of the highest rated recruits UNLV has gotten in awhile. Definitely quality over quantity. Say what you want about his coaching ability, he's bringing in the biggest paper tiger UNLV has ever had recruiting-wise. All the hype mainly around Bailey/White.

The first group was:
Tennesee QB Harrison Bailey
Michigan St. WR Ricky White II
SMU O-Line Coby Bryant (SMU)
CoC O-Line Preston Nichols
Erksine WR Senika McKie
Florida St LB Jordan Eubanks

Second Group:
Utah CB Lacarea Pleasant-Johnson
Utah LB Elijah Shelton
Louisville RB Aidan Robbins
CSU-P WR Nick William

Then a trio of JUCO Guys:
LBs Keith Conley and Dave Heckard Jr.
DBs Donyai Dixon and Bijon Harris
Don’t forget juco transfers Jeff Weimer and Fred Thompkins. Should be two big contributors this season.

Don’t forget juco transfers Jeff Weimer and Fred Thompkins. Should be two big contrib
I also forgot Ben Key D-line transfer from Mizzou and DJ Stuckey 6'3 300 O-line from Cal Poly.... redshirt senior too.

That's actually 18 transfers total spread pretty evenly from P5/Juco/G5 ranks. Add in 10 Freshman who were mostly upper-tier 3-star recruits. That's 28 newcomers total to a team that ranked 18# in the nation for returning production by returning 76% of the roster.

Arroyo didn't hit the recruiting trail like he's got a couple years in the tank to build a team, he added Juniors and 5th year Seniors to bulk up the roster to win now.

Looks like i was wrong. 18 transfers plus 10 high school players. I like that. 24/7 database is not up to date as rebelworks pointed out. We could sure use a little more media coverage when the rebels pick up a player.

Reactions: rebel5280
If you look in all the post, you will most likely find something on almost every player that UNLV has picked up this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT