ADVERTISEMENT

Ranking the Top 130 Starting QB's

I thought Rogers beat Stanton out for the starting job at QB ??? Just curious if Rogers would be Ranked higher than Stanton on this list.

CTS hasn't named a starter. On the one side you have a guy with some experience with mediocre effectiveness but was also injured. On the other side you have no experience but loads of promise. Based on those facts, combined with the Rebels' track record, I'm not sure Rogers wouldn't be rated lower. That's not what I would necessarily think, but I believe they would look at it that way.

Reactions: mvvsmith
Still waiting on the Post Spring Depth Chart that was hinted at after the Spring Game. The Rogers/Stanton battle was close. Rogers improved as camp went on and Stanton appeared to be much more comfortable and not pressing like he was last spring/season.

Rogers has the best arm but still needs some work (all things that come with just playing more). He can stretch plays with his legs and by the end of spring (not counting spring game as it was all mapped play calling) looked very comfortable running with the 1's.

Stanton was in the lead early in camp but mostly due to familiarity with the offense. Last year Stanton won the job because Kurt was so limited throwing and he was the better option. This spring was different, both he and Rogers had multiple solid practices. Both can deliver the deep ball and with a healthy Running Game and all the WR options back this offense has the potential to put up some very solid numbers.

Reactions: mvvsmith
They should play Stanton for the first half vs Howard, then split the second half between Rogers and Palandech. Idaho will prepare for Stanton, and we start Rogers.

Looking back on what I personally saw, my brother's reports from every practice and conversations we had, Sanchez's comments, all signs point to Rogers getting the nod.

With Howard we should be able to run the ball and not open the playbook too much. I feel Stanton will have packages designed for him in the run game with some RPO's as well. This will work 2 fold in helping take some things off Rogers plate early and keep our Back-Up fully engaged. Just how I see it playing out.

Speaking of QBs, could Palandecch possibly RS? If Stanton and Rogers are clearly the top 2, it would be nice to have an experienced #2 for the following season.

I can't remember if KP was a JUCO xfer or a D1.

Palandech can RS I believe but with Stacey Conner arriving for Spring and the offers to other '18 QBs rolling out I think they are ready for the next chapter at the position.

He would be a nice insurance policy back there.

Having a senior back up that knows the play book inside and out would be nice.

Having a senior back up that knows the play book inside and out would be nice.
That would be nice, but I don't think KP would RS just to carry a clipboard for his last year. Once upon a time, maybe. Kids just aren't made that way anymore.

I don't know KP but if he had aspirations of getting an advanced degree he'd take that deal in a heartbeat.

That being said, I assume his "goal" is to get his degree and either do something athletic with his physical gifts or coach at some level. Again, I don't know the person. It's all assumption on my part.

Reactions: RebelinWA
That would be nice, but I don't think KP would RS just to carry a clipboard for his last year. Once upon a time, maybe. Kids just aren't made that way anymore.

True. He could hold the clipboard as the third string this year. Or he could RS, and be #2 next year. Just one hit away from being the guy.

Also this is Sanchez and Kurt has a unique skill set. I can see him have his own packages when the #2.

Just spitballin'

Reactions: RebelinWA
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT