ADVERTISEMENT

Raiders Update Thread

Now boys. Things will be heating up this next week. Lots of meetings going on with Davis, his staff and the NFL. Final lease proposal might be wrapped up during this period also, but more than likely beginning of the following week. Stadium Board isn't worried at all at this point. The Oakland deal that is going before the NFL is a non-starter, and nothing they haven't already seen already. This is the month of answers people. Let's enjoy the process. A very important time for Las Vegas, the next big step not only from the sports perspective, but the convention and event revenue side of this equation. That's where the money is and that's the key that makes this stadium deal in Vegas so much different from any other cities stadium, except maybe Dallas, but who wants to go there for criminey sakes It will more than make money after it hits it stride after overhead of course. Tons of acts and more than a few conventions have wanted a bigger facility in Vegas. Fingers still crossed, nothing is set in stone yet.

Last edited:
Keep on thinking what you want. Those without cash are always trying to tell others how to spend theirs, you make a great liberal. You also would make a great CNN reporter with your fake news and one tweet that someone else told them as your backup.

So I provide hard data and facts, and you provide BOOM! That says it all.
I had to almost silent @Rebel1986 on Twitter he slangs so much hate to any one with leftist position. Man he likes to defend the orange one.

Reactions: Sam-I-am
Now boys. Things will be heating up this next week. Lots of meetings going on with Davis, his staff and the NFL. Final lease proposal might be wrapped up during this period also, but more than likely beginning of the following week. Stadium Board isn't worried at all at this point. The Oakland deal that is going before the NFL is a non-starter, and nothing they haven't already seen already. This is the month of answers people. Let's enjoy the process. A very important time for Las Vegas, the next big step not only from the sports perspective, but the convention and event revenue side of this equation. That's where the money is and that's the key that makes this stadium deal in Vegas so much different from any other cities stadium, except maybe Dallas, but who wants to go there for criminey sakes It will more than make money after it hits it stride after overhead of course. Tons of acts and more than a few conventions have wanted a bigger facility in Vegas. Fingers still crossed, nothing is set in stone yet.
Don't forget the NFR. Sure the Raiders might need to work around it but just imagine the revenue.

Reactions: mvvsmith
As we all suspected. My guess is that Davis is putting up an ownership stake as collateral and paying whopping interest. Or, the naming rights are going to be highly discounted. Raiders Park at BofA Staduim has a ring to it....

As we all suspected. My guess is that Davis is putting up an ownership stake as collateral and paying whopping interest. Or, the naming rights are going to be highly discounted. Raiders Park at BofA Staduim has a ring to it....
Yup. Except the interest rate will be subprime. Also, any prospective concessionaire should strongly consider moving its bank accounts into B of A....cough, cough.... Capriatti's.

Sam Boyd would not be ideal, but they could spend a few million and fix the locker room problems, and most likely make enough other improvements as a stop gap

Sam Boyd would not be ideal, but they could spend a few million and fix the locker room problems, and most likely make enough other improvements as a stop gap

Exactly. The playing surface is better than Oakland. The sidelines are big enough for tv carts. The Raiders would have to improve the locker rooms, add additional end zone seating, and a few other small infrastructure things. All can be done for a reasonable price. Sam Boyd is a viable option for 2 years.

Two things- The Mercury News is strongly pro-Oakland, so it makes sense that they would hit up Sisolak for this question. Second "Where are they going to come up with $46 million?" Um, there is that little TV deal..... $225 million? Per year?
Also, to refer to the football team as "dismal" is just mean. He's clearly a shill for Shelly, trying to crap on the deal publicly.
Here is a more even retelling:
http://www.reviewjournal.com/busine...reement-likely-nfl-meeting-raiders-relocation

Last edited:
Is he? Sisolak is a democrat. Shelly is a heavy republican donor. Those philosophies differ considerably.
Yes, he is a heavy supporter of SA and, more so to the point, SA's companies. He's also not a fan of the NFL getting stadiums they don't pay for. Just another example of how politics can create strange bed fellows.

Last edited:
Yes, he is a heavy supporter of SA and, more so to the point, SA's companies. He's also not a fan of the NFL. Just another example of how politics can create strange bed fellows.
Doesn't add up. Were he anti NFL he would be far more supportive of Giunchigliani, where he really hasn't been.

Looks like Sam Boyd looks less likely to be a temporary spot. Would it be worth the money to update it to be NFL ready for 1 or 2 seasons?

It' funny that the issue now is where they are going to play, not if they are going to relocate. That issue is a done deal. They might even approve without a lease agreement. That's never been done.
Because the bonding companies will require a lease before construction begins, the NFL can feel pretty safe approving without one but I still think that one will be in place before it's final.

Another worthless reply. I suggest that you get some professional help with your Sam envy.
Oh look, more gifs. Since you're gonna keep this up, I'm gonna ask you to prove it. If you can't, then you're full of shit. And statements from Sisolak in support of the sands don't count.

Sisolak is an interesting character, my oldest son who was head researcher for the State Dems before Billy V. hired him ( he took he famous Sharon Angle video) states that Sisolak will have a tough time running for a more public office. More skeletons than a graveyard, interesting skeletons too.

Oh look, more gifs. Since you're gonna keep this up, I'm gonna ask you to prove it. If you can't, then you're full of shit. And statements from Sisolak in support of the sands don't count.
I know him personally. People who know me on this board also know this. Spoke to him about this again just a couple of days ago.
However, I don't have to prove anything to you. If you don't believe me, then don't.
Now go get some treatment for your Sam envy.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Sisolak is an interesting character, my oldest son who was head researcher for the State Dems before Billy V. hired him ( he took he famous Sharon Angle video) states that Sisolak will have a tough time running for a more public office. More skeletons than a graveyard, interesting skeletons too.
Yup. There's plenty of meat still on those skeletons too.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
I know him personally. People who know me on this board also know this. Spoke to him about this again just a couple of days ago.
However, I don't have to prove anything to you. If you don't believe me, then don't.
Now go get some treatment for your Sam envy.
Yeah I didn't think so.

bullshit-1.jpg~c200

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT