ADVERTISEMENT

Post spring top 50

Genuinely shocked to see us on any lists at all.

For those of you who can't access it for any reason:

"50. UNLV Runnin' Rebels"

BSU is 32. No other MWC teams named.

I'll take it. If we end up being the actual 50th best team in CFB, I'd be content with that for the 2024 campaign. Hopefully building blocks and not an unstable foundation!

Genuinely shocked to see us on any lists at all.

For those of you who can't access it for any reason:

"50. UNLV Runnin' Rebels"

BSU is 32. No other MWC teams named.

I'll take it. If we end up being the actual 50th best team in CFB, I'd be content with that for the 2024 campaign. Hopefully building blocks and not an unstable foundation!
Previously, we expected 109-120.

Yeah, I’ll take it.

I am surprised given that we lost our QB to USC and replaced him with 2 lower division guys. We all know that QB could possibly be better next season, at the very least improve our offensive balance, but surface level it looks like a bug downgrade.
People believe in Barry!
Personally I think Boise is getting a little too much credit. Same with Liberty.

I am surprised given that we lost our QB to USC and replaced him with 2 lower division guys. We all know that QB could possibly be better next season, at the very least improve our offensive balance, but surface level it looks like a bug downgrade.
People believe in Barry!
Personally I think Boise is getting a little too much credit. Same with Liberty.
I think Liberty is a good team, but they aren't good enough to really be completing in the playoffs. They are good by standard of their conference, but I think they finish 4th or 5th in MWC in 2023. BSU, UNLV, SJSU, AFA... Liberty.

Boise I do think is close, but there is a lot of unknown with the first time full time head man in Danielson and in the defensive secondary.

But offensively, they should be pretty solid I expect.

I think Liberty is a good team, but they aren't good enough to really be completing in the playoffs. They are good by standard of their conference, but I think they finish 4th or 5th in MWC in 2023. BSU, UNLV, SJSU, AFA... Liberty.

Boise I do think is close, but there is a lot of unknown with the first time full time head man in Danielson and in the defensive secondary.

But offensively, they should be pretty solid I expect.

I have no idea how good Liberty is, I watched them play one game last year and they got their asses handed to them by a very good Oregon team, which was their only loss. If Im not mistaken their QB who had a great year, I believe was the league MVP is back. Looking at their 2024 schedule they have no P5 schools on it so like last year they may have an easy path to a playoff spot.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Bruh..did yall see our schedule. It’s pretty tough by the looks of it.

Houston Road trip sounds fun as hell.

This was the first rap album that I ever bought.

I have no idea how good Liberty is, I watched them play one game last year and they got their asses handed to them by a very good Oregon team, which was their only loss. If Im not mistaken their QB who had a great year, I believe was the league MVP is back. Looking at their 2024 schedule they have no P5 schools on it so like last year they may have an easy path to a playoff spot.
I don't think anyone really has any idea how good Liberty is, which is my point. They had like a schedule rated in the 130s last year, there were a few FCS teams that had tougher schedules. Which is crazy to think when those teams play a full FCS conference schedule.

They won a lot of games, but didn't dominate like you would expect a top 25 team to do against that kind of schedule.

As for Boise? I do think they underperformed until they made their coaching change, but I am not convinced that they will be the same old Boise from the jump this season. Sure they got a big name at QB, but he left because he was afraid of Maiava, who we aren't convinced would start for us this year if we had all of the same guys.

Danielson was a home grown coach. Started as a grad assistant in 2017. No other experience, (* Edit I saw that he spent a few years as a GA to a position coach at a FCS school, was not expecting that given that he started as a GA at Boise) and a lot of that was under Avalos who kinda sucked. Typically I like long time assistants to have a few more pelts on the wall before giving them the keys, hopefully with more experience under a variety of quality coaches.

He got the job for a reason, but it is a bit of a risk at least on paper. That's why I think they are a bit overated. Could they be really good this year? Of course.

Last edited:
James Madison! That's our competition for that G5 playoff spot. BSU can suck it! Toledo can suck it!

That being said, UNLV and BSU can afford a loss or two (against P4) and still beat out an undefeated Toledo and JMU for that coveted golden ticket. Luckily we play each other and that may be the deciding game. Anyone who disagrees can suck it!
suck my dick GIF

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT