ADVERTISEMENT

Pat McCaw

RebelmominLV

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Oct 25, 2008
As excited as I am with the incoming talent, I'm more excited to see the continuing evolution of McCaw's game.

Pat progressed way faster than I anticipated last year. At the beginning of the season, he seemed to be mostly a spot up shooter. He quickly progressed into a straight-line penetrator with very good vision. He generally made very good decisions for a Freshman as he was forced to shoulder more of the load.

What I am looking forward to this year is his evolution into a first option offensive threat and defensive stopper.

Pat more than any other guy we had was a natural ball hawk on defense. He was somewhat stifled last year as he was forced to play positional defense due to our inability to stop the ball from the point guard. If we can stop the ball high, he is going to be a terrorist in the passing lanes. He is going to become a very high level steal and loose ball magnet. What is so great about that is he makes great decisions off the turnover that will lead to easy transition buckets.

He will also have the great opportunity to come into his own as a two guard. He is naturally quick and long and is a good athlete and quick leaper. He is a good jump shooter and has the ability to take it to the rack if the defense adjusts on the close out. He also has great vision and will be able to rack up assists to cutting teammates.

As a freshman, he seemed to me to be on the cusp of breaking out. He truley has the ability to be a true triple threat every time the ball is in his hands. We can talk all we want about minute distribution. But I doubt that by a few games in he will ever see the bench other than quick breathers.

I can't wait to see him blossom this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News