ADVERTISEMENT

PANIC HIRE

manic water

Lottery Pick
Mar 15, 2009
I know she's under pressure and Jessup is a complete retard but she needs to get a grip. Marvin Menzies? Todd Simon?

We've already written off next season (thanks for that) but if you rush in this weekend and hire someone that causes Rebels to ditch their season tickets then you really have destroyed this program.

Take a deep breath, slow down for a minute and put together a package for George Karl.

I think Karl would be a disaster but.... jeez.... Menzies?!!?! It is pathetic that he's even being mentioned again, let alone the front-runner for the UNLV Men's Basketball job?!?! Actually... yes, please, put together something for Karl!!!

Oh she is so bad. I feel like I need to wash my mouth out for defending her a little.

She is actually nationally famous in sporting circles for being incompetent. I have a feeling we are going to find out she did some really stupid shit here at the end too.

Karl would be a disaster? Boy, they must have some serious crank in Thailand! Are you kidding me? 3rd winning-est coach in NBA history and he's not good enough for you? Well F me.

He was an absolute, 100 percent disaster the last few years in Sacramento. Very openly didn't give a crap, gave basically no effort. Also has health issues and no college experience. I think 10 years ago he would have been a decent hire (though I was one of the few who was glad they chose Kruger instead), but now not so much.

That being said i'd take him over both Menzies and your boy Lavin in a heartbeat.

Disaster my a$$, they were way more competitve after he got there.
You try coaching Cousins and see if you GAF after the ownership has made you a lame duck coach.

Seriously nobody is good enough for fans like you, you deserve Menzies.

Seriously nobody is good enough for fans like you, you deserve Menzies.

This is ironic because I was one of the few UNLV fans who Kruger was good enough for. Most of them were more than ready for Rice to come in and elevate the program to a higher level (try reading that last sentence with a straight face).

I guess everyone ages the same. Never mind the fact that he's a two time cancer survivor. Lets all just forget about the overall shit show he ran in Sacramento. Lets forget that Sac's best player called him out for his bafoonery in the beginning and middle of the season this year(b/c he ran an offense that would see arguably the best post player in the league camped 20+ feet from basket), said stupid shit about Seth Curry, refused to play Cauley-Stein till the very end of the season which even had his front office bewildered, and just generally took zero accountability for anything that happened on his watch. Too many people are enamored by the prominence his name used to carry. He's not even close to the guy who was interested in the job in 2004 and he has zero experience as a college coach. I'm not convinced he has the energy to be an effective college coach at this point in his life; it would be basically his assistants doing all the work and running the show. You had a HOF career Karl and may even go down as a top 10 NBA coach of all time, but you're about 10+ years too late.

Reactions: ThailandReb
Read your post the first time, pal. SAC was a disaster way before Karl turned up. Cousins is known around the league as a coach-killer. Watch who they replace Karl with, it'll be a Cousins lap dog.

I will give you that, he's always came off as a punk to me as well. Doesn't mean I would design an offense that has him camped at the 3 point line all game as some sort of retaliation.

Reactions: ThailandReb
I agree. Karl made a mistake taking that job but quite frankly any coach worth his salt would be nuts to take that job. Maybe Cousins grows up soon, I hope so. If he had his head on straight he'd be outstanding.

As far as I can tell, you are the only one with Menzies ahead of GEORGE KARL

Yeah.... I don't think Karl would be highly successful here, but I would take him over Menzies in a second. At least there would be the dream of upside, with Menzies there would be no potential upside whatsoever.

Menzies is a PHONY

Not agreeing with his hire as a coach is one thing. Throwing ad hominem insults at him is juvenile and doesn't bolster your position at all.

I actually wanted to see Menzies come back to UNLV at one time, when he was first hired for nmsu. Since that time, I haven't been extremely impressed with his level of success. Yeah he has dominated the WAC and made it to the Dance, but I don't think he's pulled any major upsets OOC or postseason.

I read up on him last night, something I never did during the process because I never took his candidacy seriously. Worked under Fisher, LK, and Pitino. Coached a running team for the first four years, then found a niche in post play, finding good C and PF that WAC couldn't keep up with. He knows enough about basketball Xs and Os to cater his play style to the team he has. He is very highly spoken of by his mentor coaches.

I still don't like the hire, because I feel like TKM took the safe route with this one against the obvious will of the fanbase. But to call the man a phony just because you don't like him is disrespectful and says more about you than it does about him.

The hatred towards Menzies is ridiculous. He worked years for this opportunity and he is supposed to walk away because fans are pissed they didn't get their coach?

Blame them, not him.

I don't see anyone hating Menzies personally. I see people hating the hire and the people who made it.

If what Youmans is tweeting about the opportunity to land Karl for $500k is true we've reached a new level of punchline.

Not agreeing with his hire as a coach is one thing. Throwing ad hominem insults at him is juvenile and doesn't bolster your position at all.

I actually wanted to see Menzies come back to UNLV at one time, when he was first hired for nmsu. Since that time, I haven't been extremely impressed with his level of success. Yeah he has dominated the WAC and made it to the Dance, but I don't think he's pulled any major upsets OOC or postseason.

I read up on him last night, something I never did during the process because I never took his candidacy seriously. Worked under Fisher, LK, and Pitino. Coached a running team for the first four years, then found a niche in post play, finding good C and PF that WAC couldn't keep up with. He knows enough about basketball Xs and Os to cater his play style to the team he has. He is very highly spoken of by his mentor coaches.

I still don't like the hire, because I feel like TKM took the safe route with this one against the obvious will of the fanbase. But to call the man a phony just because you don't like him is disrespectful and says more about you than it does about him.

Let me say this again:

Menzies is going to be a puppet and he knows this, takes the job anyways for personal gain. That's a phony in my book.

Reactions: Mjs_702
Menzies is going to be a puppet and he knows this, takes the job anyways for personal gain. That's a phony in my book.

What does that mean? I am sincerely interested in knowing what a "puppet" coach looks like. Can you give me an example of another coach that is a puppet to help me? Who is supposedly pulling his strings and towards what end? By the way, isn't taking a job for personal gain what is commonly called the "American Dream." How many people take jobs for "personal loss?"

Come on, be serious. I can understand why you are not excited about this hire, but let's try to avoid personally attacking the man.

He may turn out to be a bad coach, time will tell. And he may turn out to be a good coach. But I just don't understand the puppet reference.

What does that mean? I am sincerely interested in knowing what a "puppet" coach looks like. Can you give me an example of another coach that is a puppet to help me? Who is supposedly pulling his strings and towards what end? By the way, isn't taking a job for personal gain what is commonly called the "American Dream." How many people take jobs for "personal loss?"

Come on, be serious. I can understand why you are not excited about this hire, but let's try to avoid personally attacking the man.

He may turn out to be a bad coach, time will tell. And he may turn out to be a good coach. But I just don't understand the puppet reference.

You want an example?

Rollie F'n Massamino

Reactions: Mjs_702
Let me say this again:

Let me say this....you don't know a damned thing about the man except that he has not had a stellar career at nmsu. Some great coaches have expressed a lot of respect for him, but I suppose you no more than them.

Reactions: TarkisGod
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT