ADVERTISEMENT

Pacific December 14

BornRebelRed

Retired Number
Oct 15, 2007
I see we have scheduled Pacific to be played down in Henderson on December 14. Another game that will draw 3-4-5 thousand. To top it off, last year Pacific was # 358 out of 362 TOTAL teams. We could not stoop any lower. We should NEVER play somebody that is that bad. Aim higher. Playing games like that only hurt your computer rankings and your team’s mental toughness. And Las Vegas games away from the T & M are always a big financial flop. Bad attendance is almost guaranteed. Why do this ??? They never learn. Just play two true road games during rodeo and always play at the house that Jerry built when in Vegas…. Geez

The Henderson Pavilion, Lee's Liquor Arena, or whatever it's called must pay UNLV well to hold events there. The Rodeo is a time to schedule two tough OOC opponents in their gyms. On-campus would be best. Try to avoid neutral site.

If our team sucks, at least we will get paid some for those games. If we don't, maybe we pull out a dub.

I live relatively close to that place, and I don't want to go to a game in Henderson. To top it all off, those games are not included in season tickets. Enough of the nonsense and trying to grab every dime you can!

The Henderson Pavilion, Lee's Liquor Arena, or whatever it's called must pay UNLV well to hold events there. The Rodeo is a time to schedule two tough OOC opponents in their gyms. On-campus would be best. Try to avoid neutral site.

If our team sucks, at least we will get paid some for those games. If we don't, maybe we pull out a dub.

I live relatively close to that place, and I don't want to go to a game in Henderson. To top it all off, those games are not included in season tickets. Enough of the nonsense and trying to grab every dime you can!
Do they pay that well or is Kevin just looking for an easy win he can try to frame as a “neutral court win”. It should be a no brainer to go play two tough road games during the rodeo

Reactions: bcvegaspt
I see we have scheduled Pacific to be played down in Henderson on December 14. Another game that will draw 3-4-5 thousand. To top it off, last year Pacific was # 358 out of 362 TOTAL teams. We could not stoop any lower. We should NEVER play somebody that is that bad. Aim higher. Playing games like that only hurt your computer rankings and your team’s mental toughness. And Las Vegas games away from the T & M are always a big financial flop. Bad attendance is almost guaranteed. Why do this ??? They never learn. Just play two true road games during rodeo and always play at the house that Jerry built when in Vegas…. Geez
What‘s the entire schedule?

Thanks for Kylan Boone and Michael Olawakandi!!!

Every program plays Quad 4 teams. As an example - UCON played 9 last year and we played 8. The important thing is winning ALL of them convincingly. UCON won all nine and we went 5-3. Gonzaga played 12 and won them all. As for where we play, when the Rodeo is in town I would rather have games I can watch in person than have all of the games away. I think the DLC is a decent venue for this type of game.

Every program plays Quad 4 teams. As an example - UCON played 9 last year and we played 8. The important thing is winning ALL of them convincingly. UCON won all nine and we went 5-3. Gonzaga played 12 and won them all. As for where we play, when the Rodeo is in town I would rather have games I can watch in person than have all of the games away. I think the DLC is a decent venue for this type of game.
Every team plays quad 4 teams for sure. And if we are going to play a home game away from the the T&M, and this does count as a home game, then it might as well be a lower quad 4 team since they all nearly count the same.
But, personally I would rather have a lighter schedule and play a couple of road games during the rodeo. Perfect time to schedule a tournament.
In general, I think they should eliminate all home games not in the T&M period. If you are going to have a home game on your schedule it should 100% be a home game, not "kind of a" home game.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
I'd say we're a quad 2 team, generally speaking if we're being honest with our recent history. But really only a mid tier quad 2.
We were on the cusp of being a quad 1 road team (for opponents) last season, but otherwise quad 2 pretty firmly.
Being a quad 1 neutral site team is probably what is necessary to be a at large candidate. Or at least close to it.

We were on the cusp of being a quad 1 road team (for opponents) last season, but otherwise quad 2 pretty firmly.
Being a quad 1 neutral site team is probably what is necessary to be a at large candidate. Or at least close to it.
I always look at the neutral ranking when I'm figuring the quads in my head.

I always look at the neutral ranking when I'm figuring the quads in my head.
Fair.
But there is something to climbing to below 70. Being a quad 1 road team really opens up potential to schedule true home games. Especially when towards the bottom of that ranking.
Good teams aren't penalized too much if they lose and to them it is a great opportunity to pick up another quad 1 win.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT