ADVERTISEMENT

PAC….terrible leadership!

TimothyC3

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
When you set back and reflect on what has happened over the last month so with the PAC 2 it’s no surprise that it all ended for the PAC 12. Their leadership is very questionable. First, the total settlement with the departing schools left OSU and WSU flush with approximately $255 mill to split between them. Any university can do a lot with an approximately $120 mill plus in a windfall to their athletic department. So instead of the reverse merger and using the funds to strengthen their own athletic departments, they raid the MWC in an attempt to break it up. But they failed. So instead of a reverse merger and requiring new members to make significant infrastructure improvements and mandatory minimum athletic department budgets, they don’t even invite the top 4 programs and then out of desperation they offer USU (who has to pay its own exit fee). So now the PAC owes the MWC (their competitors) approximately $90 mill in exits fees and potentially another $45 mill in poaching penalties. Thats a truely remarkable turn of events. Now the MWC can use the PAC 2’s money to strengthen it’s athletic programs

When you set back and reflect on what has happened over the last month so with the PAC 2 it’s no surprise that it all ended for the PAC 12. Their leadership is very questionable. First, the total settlement with the departing schools left OSU and WSU flush with approximately $255 mill to split between them. Any university can do a lot with an approximately $120 mill plus in a windfall to their athletic department. So instead of the reverse merger and using the funds to strengthen their own athletic departments, they raid the MWC in an attempt to break it up. But they failed. So instead of a reverse merger and requiring new members to make significant infrastructure improvements and mandatory minimum athletic department budgets, they don’t even invite the top 4 programs and then out of desperation they offer USU (who has to pay its own exit fee). So now the PAC owes the MWC (their competitors) approximately $90 mill in exits fees and potentially another $45 mill in poaching penalties. Thats a truely remarkable turn of events. Now the MWC can use the PAC 2’s money to strengthen it’s athletic programs

I'm never afraid to admit I'm wrong. And I was 100% wrong on this whole thing.

I honestly thought they had this thing mapped out and basically had their lineup in place just needing signatures.

Seriously they could have bit the bullet done the reverse merger. And had money to burn.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT