ADVERTISEMENT

Overall recruiting

I think the recruiting has been solid. If I had a complaint it would be that I don't know if DE has been addressed enough. Not second guessing the coaches, but with the struggles we have had getting to the QB I was hoping to see a few more DEs in the mix.

That said there is talk the staff are really high on some of the red shirt guys from last year, (Holloway/Jones) so they may not have felt it was as pressing of a need or felt that position had already been addressed.

I think the recruiting has been solid. If I had a complaint it would be that I don't know if DE has been addressed enough. Not second guessing the coaches, but with the struggles we have had getting to the QB I was hoping to see a few more DEs in the mix.

That said there is talk the staff are really high on some of the red shirt guys from last year, (Holloway/Jones) so they may not have felt it was as pressing of a need or felt that position had already been addressed.
Well said. One thing to add is that the uncertainty of the new stadium did cost us a few higher rated recruits and they could have been real difference makers. The facilities upgrades need to get going 100 mph for the next recruiting class to be all that it can be.

The stadium, when it's approved ( nod, nod, wink, wink) is still a ways down the road. It will really have more of an effect on the '19 and beyond glass in my estimation. Next year the Fertitta complex will drive recruiting, seeing concrete always helps.

Reactions: run'em_out'a_here
The stadium, when it's approved ( nod, nod, wink, wink) is still a ways down the road. It will really have more of an effect on the '19 and beyond glass in my estimation. Next year the Fertitta complex will drive recruiting, seeing concrete always helps.
Approval on the stadium in the next couple of months "should" have an effect on the 2018 class if it is a two year build.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT