ADVERTISEMENT

OT: UNLV Student dies in underground fight club

You guys ever been to the Sahara Event Center?

Led Zeppelin performed there. A lot of history in that building.

Damn bro, I was really hoping UNLV would get it’s own boxing club..

RIP. That’s sad. I remember some Reno kid from Vegas dying in a hazing incident many years ago up north.
It is sad. Probably recently vaxxed. A huge uptick of “suddenly died”’s around the world.

Sahara Event Center is that also the hockey rink? I think, I have been there for UNLV hockey a long time ago. At the commercial center.

Sahara Event Center is that also the hockey rink? I think, I have been there for UNLV hockey a long time ago. At the commercial center.
Yup, it’s a rollerblade hockey rink on some days.

I think Coolio had a 4th of July old school event at this place this year

I strolled into the Sahara Commercial Center this year out of boredom. Place is a f’n dump these days. I mean it has been for years but my teen college years consisted of hanging out at the Cue Club, Mary K’s arcade.

Sahara Commercial Center also has the Green Door (swinger’s club) and a Tranny bar if you’re into that s sorta thing.

Lots of history of that place.

That would be cool to have seen Led Zeppelin live back in the 70’s.

Cue Club just closed. Saw that during an attempted trip to Lotus of Siam but they were closed. Lol Mary K’s the after school Kumite of Street Fighter 2. Freaking missing the food at San Francisco Bay. Dirty as F but it was really good.

My day frat combat means mud wrestling or wet tshirt jump rope. Who throws a full on boxing fight? I’m worried about this tik tok generation.

Yup, it’s a rollerblade hockey rink on some days.

I think Coolio had a 4th of July old school event at this place this year

I strolled into the Sahara Commercial Center this year out of boredom. Place is a f’n dump these days. I mean it has been for years but my teen college years consisted of hanging out at the Cue Club, Mary K’s arcade.

Sahara Commercial Center also has the Green Door (swinger’s club) and a Tranny bar if you’re into that s sorta thing.

Lots of history of that place.

That would be cool to have seen Led Zeppelin live back in the 70’s.
It used to be a Playland, the roller skating place in the 70’s. That may have been Playland Central. There was one on Boulder Highway, Playland East. I don’t recall where the Playland West was. A lot of 5th and 6th graders had their first make out sessions in the darker corners back in the day.

Seemed like “Don’t Go” by KC and the Sunshine Band was always the last song of the night, couples only skating. But I think “On the Radio” by Donna Summer worked into the ending song at times.

Funny the things you remember.

It used to be a Playland, the roller skating place in the 70’s. That may have been Playland Central. There was one on Boulder Highway, Playland East. I don’t recall where the Playland West was. A lot of 5th and 6th graders had their first make out sessions in the darker corners back in the day.

Seemed like “Don’t Go” by KC and the Sunshine Band was always the last song of the night, couples only skating. But I think “On the Radio” by Donna Summer worked into the ending song at times.

Funny the things you remember.
Playland west turned into Crystal Palace on Rancho near Jones. We used to go there all the time.

Cue Club just closed. Saw that during an attempted trip to Lotus of Siam but they were closed. Lol Mary K’s the after school Kumite of Street Fighter 2. Freaking missing the food at San Francisco Bay. Dirty as F but it was really good.
Lotus of Siam has another or new location on Paradise i think. It always packed. Archies is not too bad.

Give the kid credit he went in to mix it up for charity. Very unfortunate, an autopsy might bring discovery on cause. I come from a family of boxers we started out wrapping our hands with wash clothes before we could afford some used boxing gloves got whacked pretty good back then. I couldn't imagine my parents having to deal with loss of life at such a young age, tragic.

Reactions: RebelScrub
Jesus Christ, look at those punches!! Lol, I’m sorry, not sorry. Dude, should have never been in the ring.

This has been going on for over a decade and there was never an issue. Now I read a lot of articles screaming about there not being a professional ref and a medical care on site during the matches. There are plenty of non-professional boxing/martial arts matches that don't have a professional ref and an ambulance or doctor ringside otherwise amateur boxing will go the way of the dinosaur! When I was heavily involved in martial arts we would having sparing matches that would go until someone either quit, knocked down, and in some cases even knocked out, and you never had professional refs (expensive), or medical care on site (also expensive). This is just another nail in the coffin of amateur sports.

This has been going on for over a decade and there was never an issue. Now I read a lot of articles screaming about there not being a professional ref and a medical care on site during the matches. There are plenty of non-professional boxing/martial arts matches that don't have a professional ref and an ambulance or doctor ringside otherwise amateur boxing will go the way of the dinosaur! When I was heavily involved in martial arts we would having sparing matches that would go until someone either quit, knocked down, and in some cases even knocked out, and you never had professional refs (expensive), or medical care on site (also expensive). This is just another nail in the coffin of amateur sports.
Not just amateur sports. Every aspect of life that could get someone injured. Must have an ambulance and EMT at every zip line, skate board park, playground etc. etc.

• Haha
Reactions: RebelScrub
Typical of UNLV to suspend the fraternity which had been running this charity event for over a decade with the full approval of the UNLV admin, but I guess the truth never gets in the way of politics and how they are perceived at UNLV! Are they also going to suspend everyone at UNLV that knew about the events?

Reactions: RebelMan5000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT