ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Yankees

BostonRebel

Rebel Legend
Jun 7, 2001
I know there are a few fans here (though probably more who hate them) but I think this article is pretty close to the mark http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york/y...cashman-hatches-lebron-james-like-master-plan

I was never a Cashman fan, it doesn't take much talent to find players like ARod and CC and then overpay them. And he never drafted any of the players from their Core Four dynasty. He also had some horrendous signings like Kevin Brown. About his only success was a few trades for guys like Scott Brosius. But I have to say the last two years he's done a great job. Maybe he learned his lesson. Signing Chapman was a coup. They paid him half a season and turned him into 2 of the top 75 ranked players in the entire farm system in baseball. Got a haul for Miller and then got another top 75 player for 39 year old Beltran. ESPN ranked them as the 3rd best farm system in baseball now whereas before they were in the lower half. The Gregorius trade was also an excellent move, he has improved every season.

Their salary will decrease significantly after this season and then even more after next, just in time for the inevitable Harper signing. And it looks like they'll have a lot of young talent to begin another run.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News