ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rogue One

RebelScrub

Making UNLV relevent again for locals
May 29, 2001
9 out of 10.

Second only to empire.

A Real Prequel!!

Discuss. No spoilers till after next week or month long ban.

Last edited:
I read "catalyst" and the film disappointed me. I don't think the novelization of the film will fill in the gaps either. If you see the film and yearn for more krennic v tarkin, read catalyst. It's an outstanding book.

I read "catalyst" and the film disappointed me. I don't think the novelization of the film will fill in the gaps either. If you see the film and yearn for more krennic v tarkin, read catalyst. It's an outstanding book.

No no no and NO!!!!!

I think Im just going to the theaters on Tuesdays and just sneak into each movie time just for the space fight scenes.

No no no and NO!!!!!

I think Im just going to the theaters on Tuesdays and just sneak into each movie time just for the space fight scenes.
Man, I'm sorry. Visually the film is amazing. But James Luceno set this up to be the greatest Star Wars film of all time. And in the end, they mostly blew it.

Man, I'm sorry. Visually the film is amazing. But James Luceno set this up to be the greatest Star Wars film of all time. And in the end, they mostly blew it.

They made up for it with Vader!!

Ahhh, we have a “movie sucks/books better” critic here. Same reaction when I read Twilight and the Shining.

Ive read some of Luceno`s books. He worked on the Robotech cartoon franchise in the early 90`s.

I looked it up bro, that was the 2nd death star. Guess she forgot how many died for the first death star plans..

Really? Damn... hmmm... well we're going to watch New Hope as it's been a while. Well, as soon as I buy it on Blue Ray as it seems I only have it on VHS. And we ditched all our VHS players forever ago haha.

9 out of 10.

Second only to empire.

A Real Prequel!!

Discuss. No spoilers till after next week or month long ban.
Hope it's better than the last one that came out. Finally watched it. Didn't like it.

There were some bits, i could have dome without like the crouching tiger hidden dragon guy and her motivation speech (super lame)

But come u know u liked it. Had all the episode 4 stuff

There were some bits, i could have dome without like the crouching tiger hidden dragon guy and her motivation speech (super lame)

But come u know u liked it. Had all the episode 4 stuff
Nah. Thought I would but didn't. I was actually surprised I didn't like it.

It could be because I'm old now. I was 9 the first one came out and it was "far out". I just didn't think this episode was lit... or savage... or w/e tf.

The 2 main actors SUCKED!They were as charismatic as SHAWN MARION first interview on THE JIM ROME show. When she gave that inspirational speech , I almost fell asleep. The last hour was solid. 6.0- 6.5 overall

Reactions: RebelScrub
Episode 7 (the Reboot) i thought, was terrible. way too much like 4.

anyone know why if you're a good jedi that you go and become a hermit?
Obi
Yoda
Luke

Episode 7 (the Reboot) i thought, was terrible. way too much like 4.

anyone know why if you're a good jedi that you go and become a hermit?
Obi
Yoda
Luke

After Sidious called for order 66 the Jedi were all killed, save for those that went into hiding. Those being obi wan and yoda. Basically it became illegal to be a Jedi and Sidious turned the galactic republic into the galactic empire and became the emperor using his birth name, Palpatine. As for luke, that story will unfold over the next year.

They made up for it with Vader!!

Ahhh, we have a “movie sucks/books better” critic here. Same reaction when I read Twilight and the Shining.

Ive read some of Luceno`s books. He worked on the Robotech cartoon franchise in the early 90`s.

Nah it's not like that. Catalyst was the lead into rogue one and the personal relationships were very richly detailed. A lot of that ended up getting trashed in the film. I found that disappointing. It was a fun movie, for sure though.

Vader was awesome but Disney got too involved and from stuff that's been going around for months, I've heard that Vader was a much bigger presence in the film. Disney execs apparently weren't having it, they brought in a new writer to rewrite the script and made them reshoot like 80% of the film. Hopefully some of those scenes end up in the special features when the DVD is released.

I enjoyed it, especially all the nods to Episode 4. There is an interesting article in Variety regarding the resurrection of one of the characters from that film.
To add to what Joe said, I was recently stuck in my hotel in Reno, and they were playing all the episodes back to back on TNT. I watched with my grown eyes what I so adored with my childhood eyes and it looked.... Cheesy? Now I know what my wife means when she mocks those movies. Episode six is particularly bad. Carrie Fisher phoned that in.

Carrie fisher not doing so well. Massive heart attack on airplane to LAX.

CGI Leia in episode 8??

After Sidious called for order 66 the Jedi were all killed, save for those that went into hiding. Those being obi wan and yoda. Basically it became illegal to be a Jedi and Sidious turned the galactic republic into the galactic empire and became the emperor using his birth name, Palpatine. As for luke, that story will unfold over the next year.
ALL Rebels were also in hiding. they could have hid in the same hideout....no?

i don't see the need to hide in a crap holes refusing to help the cause.

I honestly think it's the best film out of them all. I loved that it was dark and gritty. I liked having different characters but still having flashes of familiar ones. I thought the ending was great. I'm all for new stories set in this universe.

ALL Rebels were also in hiding. they could have hid in the same hideout....no?

i don't see the need to hide in a crap holes refusing to help the cause.
I hear you but the timeline doesn't. If you were to go current canon, episode iii and catalyst bleed together. Order 66>formation of empire>formation of rebellion. The rebellion and the Jedi weren't concurrent. The jedi hid to stay alive and keep balance in the force. Kanaan is a Jedi that fought in the rebellion, according to rogue one, maybe, he could be dead,we only see the ghost in the film. Watch Star Wars rebels to get more insight on pre rogue one canon. Also, watch the clone wars series. Bits and pieces will of both of those will meet up in episodes 8 and 9. It's going to finish strong.

Liked the movie - it wasnt perfect but I was entertained.
Tarkin CG was a hug fail (thought Tron Legacy would have taught ILM that lesson) but Vader was a huge "W")

Liked the movie - it wasnt perfect but I was entertained.
Tarkin CG was a hug fail (thought Tron Legacy would have taught ILM that lesson) but Vader was a huge "W")

Completely agree. Tarkin CGI was the worst! Could they not have just found someone that looks even somewhat similar, throw some makeup on and call it a day? I could deal with the Princess Leia CGi because it was 2 seconds.

I liked it but TESB is still the best Star Wars movie by far. ANH is still my second favorite. Rogue One ties ROTJ for third best imo. Entertaining but the OT still has the advantage of the most likeable cast of ALL the Star Wars movies. I root for the good guys in the OT, the other Star Wars movies? Not so much.

Reactions: the Florian Trout
I liked it but TESB is still the best Star Wars movie by far. ANH is still my second favorite. Rogue One ties ROTJ for third best imo. Entertaining but the OT still has the advantage of the most likeable cast of ALL the Star Wars movies. I root for the good guys in the OT, the other Star Wars movies? Not so much.
i think i agreed with you, but i got lost with all the acronyms...well, OT. all i can come up with is Over Time.

Reactions: BrianGregory
Went back and saw it again, entering a little less critical than the first viewing. I really enjoyed it more the second time around. Hoping they'll throw together some background stories for cassian and chirrut and baze as well as some stories about what jyn got into when she was in the care of saw. Also would love to see the story of bistan cause apparently that dude is totally insane. They kind of pushed him prior to the release but his actual film time was minimal.

I also went for a second time and enjoyed it as much as the 1st. To me it is the 2nd best next to Empire Strikes Back

I think I liked it better the second time, picked on the little things like the gatekeeper from Return of the Jedi in the background early in the movie.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT