ADVERTISEMENT

Odom finishes strong and we are looking?

Short term thinking... if Odom makes us relevant as he has so far, you guys think it's just over after he leaves? Nah, we get a pocket full of cash and are very desirable for the next coach...
There's some truth to that, but it would depend on the next hire. It's certainly good that the bar is raised significantly at UNLV, so hopefully, if he did go, we'd be able to get a replacement coach like him. But there's no guarantees. I'd rather keep Odom for 2-3 more years, min, if he's going to depart. Unfortunately for us, the deep pockets of the SEC/B1G, etc, don't care what we think.

Reactions: Meister_Rebel
There's some truth to that, but it would depend on the next hire. It's certainly good that the bar is raised significantly at UNLV, so hopefully, if he did go, we'd be able to get a replacement coach like him. But there's no guarantees. I'd rather keep Odom for 2-3 more years, min, if he's going to depart. Unfortunately for us, the deep pockets of the SEC/B1G, etc, don't care what we think.
And we the internet posters dont care about anything but money?

Short term thinking... if Odom makes us relevant as he has so far, you guys think it's just over after he leaves? Nah, we get a pocket full of cash and are very desirable for the next coach...

Depending on how realignment pans out yes totally agree.

Not if we are the flagship program of CUSA though.

Depending on how realignment pans out yes totally agree.

Not if we are the flagship program of CUSA though.
Why not.... come here, build your dynasty... you go 12-0 with tough 2 rough games and dominate the remaining teams you're still likely to get that G5 nod.. we're all so concerned that the new Pac whatever is going to steal the bid all the time, but they're not exactly historical elites outside Boise taking advantage 10 years ago...

Why not.... come here, build your dynasty... you go 12-0 with tough 2 rough games and dominate the remaining teams you're still likely to get that G5 nod.. we're all so concerned that the new Pac whatever is going to steal the bid all the time, but they're not exactly historical elites outside Boise taking advantage 10 years ago...

12-0 vs CUSA schedule.

Vs

11-1 vs rumored PAC12 schedule.

I don't know man.

Liberty ran table got to what last year? #19?

12-0 vs CUSA schedule.

Vs

11-1 vs rumored PAC12 schedule.

I don't know man.

Liberty ran table got to what last year? #19?
And they got a NY6 invite... and they didn't play anyone in their non-conference... Vegas has a little more opportunity to schedule up.. even if it means tough road games... and it only needs to be a few years...

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
And they got a NY6 invite... and they didn't play anyone in their non-conference... Vegas has a little more opportunity to schedule up.. even if it means tough road games... and it only needs to be a few years...

That's fair.

I just think we may be understating the impact of getting left behind and stuck in a CUSA or AAC scenario.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT