ADVERTISEMENT

Now What?

drmontehorne_a_yahoo.com

UNLV Hall of Fame
Jul 29, 2009
Well another huge disappointment. Where do we go from here? Get pissed and trash our team. Move on to BB? Or follow and cheer until the last game?

As long as these men give all I will be there. Albeit I may express some frustration.

Having said that I am looking forward to BB.

[cheers]

Well another huge disappointment. Where do we go from here? Get pissed and trash our team. Move on to BB? Or follow and cheer until the last game?

As long as these men give all I will be there. Albeit I may express some frustration.

Having said that I am looking forward to BB.

[cheers]
It’s hoop season.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see UNLV football blow out UNM and the fans start getting amped for bowl possibilities and once again, the team sleepwalks through an important game at UNR, against yet another team that has nothing to play for.

I still think next year can be good though. I really like what Williams adds to the team and Armani with a year under his belt should be better.

But that in itself doesn’t erase the taste of so many rotten eggs the football team laid.

But as far as I’m concerned, it’s basketball season. Until the FB team can play with some heart, it’s hoop season. And if the basketball team doesn’t play with some heart, then it’s a zombie experience for the fans until FB kicks off again.

It’s hoop season.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see UNLV football blow out UNM and the fans start getting amped for bowl possibilities and once again, the team sleepwalks through an important game at UNR, against yet another team that has nothing to play for.

I still think next year can be good though. I really like what Williams adds to the team and Armani with a year under his belt should be better.

But that in itself doesn’t erase the taste of so many rotten eggs the football team laid.

But as far as I’m concerned, it’s basketball season. Until the FB team can play with some heart, it’s hoop season. And if the basketball team doesn’t play with some heart, then it’s a zombie experience for the fans until FB kicks off again.

That's where I a at.

Blows my mind that we move like robots with half a charge when the games are important. We move slower, less purpose, less aggression when the games should matter. Shellshocked by an important moment? Not knowing how to win? The failure to take advantage of golden opportunities is astonishing. It really is.

This may sound odd but in my day as a back at Basic I new really good athletes that were in a daze at the wrong time. I hope the recruiters take note and go for the players with mental toughness. It is a head thing.

This may sound odd but in my day as a back at Basic I new really good athletes that were in a daze at the wrong time. I hope the recruiters take note and go for the players with mental toughness. It is a head thing.
No, it doesn’t seem odd at all. I think anybody who has played competitive team sports at any level, you’ve seen it. Doesn’t matter if the player is one of the top or one of the lowers. Some people freeze up at certain times, try too hard, think too much, react too little. But to me it looks like that mindset encases the entire program since it seems to happen every year. Which speaks to culture or a curse.

Holy shit, I also went to Basic. I rarely come across people who went to Basic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT