ADVERTISEMENT

NIL Craziness

Somewhere along the line this players, who are already getting everything paid for, including a college education and spending money, now think they should be able to make NIL deals that allow them to retire before they even get out of school! I expect this will get interesting as top level stars look at 6-7 figure deals while linemen will be lucky to get anything. I wonder how long before linemen refuse to protect the stars until they get a cut?

The NFL has salary caps. The NCAA is the Wild West. There is nothing to prevent a Billionaire fan from giving his/her favorite school $100 million a year or double that to buy a National Championship. Skill players get $ 1.5 Mil, linemen get $ 1 Mil, and kickers get $ 3,500.

Kid from Florida had 13 million deal, but booster group florida collective backed out, forget top players I could see get 2-3 a yr and up, totally crazy

Reactions: LVRebel2000
This may be the beginning of the end for Saban. Not because “the game has passed him by,” but because he knows how ludicrous paying a recruit $13M is. I know that recognizable names like Manning and Lebron’s kid will bring more attention to the program but there has to be a ceiling on it.

Unless we get into the SEC or Big10, we will never compete with this, even if we get Pac/B12.

2 thoughts... NIL deals have 0 consequences for poor performance. Kids get paid and suck, oh well, guess I'll go chill with my multi million dollar check I already got. Somewhere this will blow up..

2nd- seems like focus is on wrong NIL targets. Why pay a freshman 5 star huge $$ but might not have impact for a couple years... go after fringe Soph/Jr's that are 3/4 star talents proven track records at D1 like the old grad school transfer, offer them decent NILs and build a super squad of stud transfers... you could easily find out what they're getting, offer more and steal them away.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT