ADVERTISEMENT

New turf inside Allegiant

I thought I read that the UNLV field is the bottom-layer static field and Raiders grass surface moves in and out overtop the UNLV base.

I thought I read that the UNLV field is the bottom-layer static field and Raiders grass surface moves in and out overtop the UNLV base.

From what it sounds like, original plan was UNLV turf would be static. Tweet from owner (?) Of company doing the work indicates that is no longer the case:

I thought I saw somewhere that it was a design flaw. Cant seem to find it now.

This is not the practice field. This is UNLV’s field but the endzones and mid-field logo are covered with Raider logo when the Rebs are not playing there. This will be the general look of the stadium during tours and events at the stadium. Raiders practice fields are in Henderson with multiple indoor and outdoor fields.

Reactions: LINEBACKER_U
This is not the practice field. This is UNLV’s field but the endzones and mid-field logo are covered with Raider logo when the Rebs are not playing there. This will be the general look of the stadium during tours and events at the stadium. Raiders practice fields are in Henderson with multiple indoor and outdoor fields.

WTF! SMH. I NEW THERE WAS A REASON I DIDN'T LIKE THEM JOKELAND TRAIDERS!! :flush:

I am not sure that really makes any sense? How can you temporarily put their logo over the top of the UNLV logo?

You just saw the picture so so how can you ask how. It’s for viewing purposes. But when the Rebs play Cal, they will be removed.

I saw a picture. I didn't see if that was on the same field, if it was laying on top or attached, or anything to explain how it would be handled?

I don’t remember where I saw it, but the news report I saw said the field was the raiders practice field and would be transferred to the new practice facility

Per the LVRJ article on June 10th,
"An artificial turf field with the Raiders’ iconic pirate shield logo could be seen inside the $2 billion stadium, marking the first time the team’s logo was laid on the facility’s floor.

The artificial turf won’t be used during Raiders game days. It will serve as a cosmetic feature when the team provides tours of the stadium."
If you look at the construction update pictures from their practice facility, the indoor fieldhouse already has its turf and the three outside fields will be grass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT