ADVERTISEMENT

New turf inside Allegiant

And that’s a huge, huge factor in flipping the field from Saturday to a Sunday. Going from UNLV played in to Raider ready.
No doubt.

That said, I did just check for 2020 season to see how many same weekend home games there are. None.

I checked raiders official schedule with unlv schedule on fbschedules... but doing so from mobile, so I could have messed up dates between tabs.

Of course that doesn't mean it will always be this way, just an interesting note.

No doubt.

That said, I did just check for 2020 season to see how many same weekend home games there are. None.

I checked raiders official schedule with unlv schedule on fbschedules... but doing so from mobile, so I could have messed up dates between tabs.

Of course that doesn't mean it will always be this way, just an interesting note.
It doesn’t NEED to be an issue at all, they just need to work together to get it ironed out. The conflicts should be very few ... and when they are there, it could be as easy as a UNLV 12/1/4 pm kick or move to Friday night kick or a bye and/or a Raider 4/5/7pm kick, bye or Monday kick.

Essentially, you just have to get away from the UNLV Saturday kickoff at 7pm and a Raider kickoff at 1pm.

Reactions: LocoRebel
It doesn’t NEED to be an issue at all, they just need to work together to get it ironed out. The conflicts should be very few ... and when they are there, it could be as easy as a UNLV 12/1/4 pm kick or move to Friday night kick or a bye and/or a Raider 4/5/7pm kick, bye or Monday kick.

Essentially, you just have to get away from the UNLV Saturday kickoff at 7pm and a Raider kickoff at 1pm.
No question about that. At max, they will worry about 6 weekends (7 only if UNLV truly turns the corner to HOST MWC title game). Most seasons, I suspect UNLV will have one or two Thurs-Fri games until stadium novelty wears off. 4 games that likely turns into 1-2 every year with Raiders playing road games. Then take away maybe both when Raiders have Thursday/Sunday/Monday night games. Long story short, it shouldn't really be an issue that ever makes the public eye after this year with that poorly written language to allow for the extra game. Happy to not deal with it again!

Wondering as well... as BornRebelRed asked, have any other photos surfaced of the inside since the original two Mick Akers tweeted?

Very weird why there was no updates on the progress of the field installation. No video, no nothing. When is it supposed to be finished? When does the logo get painted? Anybody have a clue? Weird...

Not once have I ever heard that our field would be sliding with the Raider field. Amazing

I’m interested to see if the endzones will be red. Hopefully not black.

Considering the end zones while be part of the turf, I think that depends on what color UNLV has decided to use for them.

Since the Field the Rebels are going to play is going to be Synthetic Turf maybe they can have different combination options like the Uni's depending on the Opponent time of year etc.?

It looks like they are laying it directly on concrete. How can they move it?

I don't know how they are going to place the synthetic turf, but the tweets that came out from the company that is installing it said it would be movable.

Been dealing with Hellas for over a year at the training facility. They had to change their plans and supervision due to projects and plan not being correct. But they are good at turf and grass phases.

Reactions: 220reb
Concerning schedule conflicts, are the Raiders in charge of non-football events being held there and that's part of them being dicks about UNLV's use of the stadium?

Concerning schedule conflicts, are the Raiders in charge of non-football events being held there and that's part of them being dicks about UNLV's use of the stadium?
My understanding is the Raiders are in charge of all events being held there, and thus can mess with UNLV however they want.

UNLV supposed to have priority over all non scheduled events (at time of UNLV schedule), but that didn't matter when Stadium Authority Board rolled over at the first sign of conflict.

Well, so many of our games, especially early season, have been due to the heat. Being indoors, having early games should be much easier, especially those that will likely not be picked up for bigger TV.

But this thing has been purpose built to have college games and NFL games. It is done all over with more difficult set ups. Raiders are just bieng pricks

Well, so many of our games, especially early season, have been due to the heat. Being indoors, having early games should be much easier, especially those that will likely not be picked up for bigger TV.

But this thing has been purpose built to have college games and NFL games. It is done all over with more difficult set ups. Raiders are just bieng pricks

UNLV had their ducks in a row and so did the Raiders and now the Raiders are screwing UNLV.

Or neither side knows much about the other side and negotiations and deals were slow and ineffective because there’s incompetence on both sides and then the incompleteness of it leads to scheduling issues.

I’ll bet you it was the second one.

Windows are open too. I liked the Vegas themed turf at SBS but this is a nice clean look. I can't wait for Cal on August 29- I hope fans can attend.

Reactions: 220reb
I wish they kept the vegas themed, diamond yard markers like they had at Sam Boyd.

I loved them in year one when Sanchez took over. The attention was something the program needed and it was a cool reference to Stardust and Vegas as a whole. But with this stadium, I'm hopeful to have a more classic look. If it sticks as is with the midfield logo, black endzones with painted REBELS, I assume the terrible MW logo will be on each side near the 25s, I really think I would be perfectly content with no MW logo and no other field markings besides what we see in the photo above. If they put one set of stars on the 25s or something that might be cool, but I think that would be as far as I would go.

Windows are open too. I liked the Vegas themed turf at SBS but this is a nice clean look. I can't wait for Cal on August 29- I hope fans can attend.

I drive by that thing every day when I get off work and it was wonderful to see the open lanai doors today. Looks great!

David, is it true that the Rebel field also slides in and out? Or just the Raider turf slides over UNLV field only? Could you clarify??

You need to go on twitter to ask him that, of course a lot of us have been kicked off twitter. He did post before to say the field would slide in and out last week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT