ADVERTISEMENT

NEW HELMET!

Can you see the U….. N…. L…. V In this decal!!!?
I think it’s genius in its simplicity of representing the University of Nevada, which has been something Reno has successfully promoted (although that’s not what is on their diploma when/if they graduate * don’t let the media know that part!)
The decal would be that much better if it had a silver or whatever highlight on the L and V.

Reactions: LocoRebel
Can you see the U….. N…. L…. V In this decal!!!?
I think it’s genius in its simplicity of representing the University of Nevada, which has been something Reno has successfully promoted (although that’s not what is on their diploma when/if they graduate * don’t let the media know that part!)
The decal would be that much better if it had a silver or whatever highlight on the L and V.
Yes, I can. It looks very unique if UNLV use it. Make Las Vegas incorporated somehow....and we are good. I would figure how to design LAS VEGAS NEVADA within the circle emblem around that. Like a classy crest..

Last edited:
Reactions: RedCannon
I have a different opinion about Nevada Reno. I hope they do well, just as I root for the Huskies because I love Don James etc I will root for WSU, OSU, Oregon to have good competitive teams. These young men and women who devote their time for athletic skills should be admired and encouraged not dismissed as somehow less because of the school they happened to go to. I want the Rebels to win because I gradurated with my Masters from there. My professors were excellent and prepared me well. That is what I want the coaches to do, teach well, prepare well, and encourage high expectations and improvement. As I did as a coach, I look for the weakest link to put my strongest player to get the yards, the basket, the slam and congratulate them when they execute the play etc. Great weekend for the Rebels and college football, Ohio State won and my neighbor will be sociable this week.

The Biggest Little City in the World has the Biggest Little Chip on their shoulder. They use Nevada as their name because they are embarrassed to let people know they are from Reno. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

That's SAVAGE but, so True! 🤣 😂🤣 Lol

Reactions: LVRebel2000
They're terrible as well... this will be their Super Bowl. Hopefully we get up for it the same way... would be nice to be looking at CSU with bowl eligibility on the line by end of October

They're terrible as well... this will be their Super Bowl. Hopefully we get up for it the same way...
Agreed - I'm not at all saying that Odom won't get the team up, but for a guy like Wilson who has been around UNR for like for like 20 years+ as an assistant, he gets it. Odom might have the same appreciation or awareness of the rivalry and dare I say hatred.

Wilson's team will play that game because it may be their only important game. Odom may play it as a part of their overall plan.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
The Biggest Little City in the World has the Biggest Little Chip on their shoulder. They use Nevada as their name because they are embarrassed to let people know they are from Reno. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
But that's very true. I don't remember when I heard the same thing from an interview I heard maybe ten years ago. Someone in the athletic department said that they came up with Nevada because they could not recruit using Nevada-Reno. Nevada is not the official name of the school and I wish the Governor would put a stop to it.

It used to bug me more than it does now. UNR was officially the U. of NV when it was the only university in the state. That’s why the NV Constitution refers to a U. of NV as do many NV statutes. Once UNLV came along UN became UNR. I can’t recall when it happened but I believe it was after UNLV won the Championship that UNR petitioned the Board of Regents to allow it to use “U. of NV” for its sports team, just as many of the original state schools do — UC Berkley is Cal, UN Chapel Hill is UNC, etc. what does upset me is when UNR stretches the NV label into non-sports references and attempts to imply it is the only relevant academic institution in the state. Worse is its use of the cooperative extension program - funded by property tax $$ statewide - to push its brand into southern NV and prevent UNLV from serving its own local constituents. Local property tax $$ paid by residents of Clark County funds UNR programs in S. NV. That’s why you see Brian Sandoval in S. NV so much. That pisses me off. The Clark County Commission manages those funds and should cutoff UNR entirely and redirect those dollars to UNLV. It’s about $15M annually.

It used to bug me more than it does now. UNR was officially the U. of NV when it was the only university in the state. That’s why the NV Constitution refers to a U. of NV as do many NV statutes. Once UNLV came along UN became UNR. I can’t recall when it happened but I believe it was after UNLV won the Championship that UNR petitioned the Board of Regents to allow it to use “U. of NV” for its sports team, just as many of the original state schools do — UC Berkley is Cal, UN Chapel Hill is UNC, etc. what does upset me is when UNR stretches the NV label into non-sports references and attempts to imply it is the only relevant academic institution in the state. Worse is its use of the cooperative extension program - funded by property tax $$ statewide - to push its brand into southern NV and prevent UNLV from serving its own local constituents. Local property tax $$ paid by residents of Clark County funds UNR programs in S. NV. That’s why you see Brian Sandoval in S. NV so much. That pisses me off. The Clark County Commission manages those funds and should cutoff UNR entirely and redirect those dollars to UNLV. It’s about $15M annually.
UNLV was founded in 1957.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT