ADVERTISEMENT

MWC Transfer Portal

lobbybuu

Retired Number
Dec 29, 2022
Portal additions will play a huge part next season in our conference like we've never seen before. I actually like it and think it'll make the conference more competitive and bring more attention.

Nelly Junior Joseph, Mustapha Amzil, and Jemarl Baker plus the returning core of House, Dent, and Mashburn is tough.

Roddie Anderson, Cam Martin, and Omar Stanley with the returning core of Rice, Degenhart, Agbo is also is very good.

Dixon Waters to an always tough SDSU team.

However, I really like the Boones and Hill and what they bring to our roster in terms of scoring, toughness, and flexibility. I think it'll be one of the most exciting conference seasons.

Portal additions will play a huge part next season in our conference like we've never seen before. I actually like it and think it'll make the conference more competitive and bring more attention.

Nelly Junior Joseph, Mustapha Amzil, and Jemarl Baker plus the returning core of House, Dent, and Mashburn is tough.

Roddie Anderson, Cam Martin, and Omar Stanley with the returning core of Rice, Degenhart, Agbo is also is very good.

However, I really like the Boones and Hill and what they bring to our roster in terms of scoring, toughness, and flexibility. I think it'll be one of the most exciting conference seasons.
I'm hoping we can get the most out of these new guys. We were too one dimensional this year, so hopefully with a healthy Cottrell joining the Boones and Hill, along with our other returning guys, we'll be much more well rounded.

I'm curious what type of offensive and defensive sets CKK will plan for next year. We will be really long and athletic on defense, so we could run a nasty zone, or stay with the man to man stuff. Just can't leave so many teams with wide open 3's like this past year.

I hope there will be a dramatic shift on the eye test.

Reactions: LVRebel2000

Yes New Mexico looks tough with returning players and good transfers

I'm hoping we can get the most out of these new guys. We were too one dimensional this year, so hopefully with a healthy Cottrell joining the Boones and Hill, along with our other returning guys, we'll be much more well rounded.

I'm curious what type of offensive and defensive sets CKK will plan for next year. We will be really long and athletic on defense, so we could run a nasty zone, or stay with the man to man stuff. Just can't leave so many teams with wide open 3's like this past year.
Let me ask you this.

What if we see the same type of offense and defense and have a bit more success because we have more talent?

I think we needed a (relative) roster overhaul and that’s what we are seeing. But I do think we need, at a minimum, some tweaks and versatility/adaptability on both sides of the ball if not a complete reimagining.

Let me ask you this.

What if we see the same type of offense and defense and have a bit more success because we have more talent?

I think we needed a (relative) roster overhaul and that’s what we are seeing. But I do think we need, at a minimum, some tweaks and versatility/adaptability on both sides of the ball if not a complete reimagining.
I just want to run whatever is the most suiting for the guys that we have. It appears as though we have bigs this year that are athletic enough to be able to get easy baskets off of lobs, so we'd be dumb to not try to incorporate that into our game. Same with defense. Run what will make our team the best. Could be full court mayhem defense, of zone, or half court man to man. I'm just curious what CKK will change with the new guys, if anything.

I just want to run whatever is the most suiting for the guys that we have. It appears as though we have bigs this year that are athletic enough to be able to get easy baskets off of lobs, so we'd be dumb to not try to incorporate that into our game. Same with defense. Run what will make our team the best. Could be full court mayhem defense, of zone, or half court man to man. I'm just curious what CKK will change with the new guys, if anything.
I think everyone is asking the same question. This staff now has had one year. I expect a big man offense sets with tall guards taking shots off the screens. It will probably be something like Baylor. If we get a great pg, it will look like Texas. All the new guys plus Isaiah are Big 12. Brooklyn, Nowell, Webster, LuRod will be the guards. Expect more tough down screens and more off ball movement, SDSU, BSU, USU, NM can all guard.

Are you sure House is coming back? I thought he was leaving but I could be wrong

Like some ppl have said, I want us to run on offense but it's really contingent on who we get at the 1.

Keylan, Kalib, Hill, and Webster in an offense like that would be so lethal.

Texas he will never see the court next year and they won't put up with his tweets that bad mouth the team. The other 3 he might get some court time.

For every 1 unlvrebelgirl and rebel Robert there is on twitter for UNLV there’s 10 for Texas and Louisville. Those fan bases are ruthless on twitter and he has shown to care what people say on twitter.

Might be an unpopular opinion but I think when it’s all said and done the kid is going to very very good.
It shouldnt be an unpopular opinion tbh. Hes talented and anyone that thinks he wont do well is a hater. He was clearly not given a fair shot even when we were struggling and yes, had some issues and didnt articulate his opinions in the right way. It happens. Lots of players do that but its not seen because we dont follow other teams like that to see it.

Also, a lot happens in the locker rooms and words are exchanged. Hes not the only bad guy in our locker room that was talking down/agreeing with opinions on social media.

It shouldnt be an unpopular opinion tbh. Hes talented and anyone that thinks he wont do well is a hater. He was clearly not given a fair shot even when we were struggling and yes, had some issues and didnt articulate his opinions in the right way. It happens. Lots of players do that but its not seen because we dont follow other teams like that to see it.

Also, a lot happens in the locker rooms and words are exchanged. Hes not the only bad guy in our locker room that was talking down/agreeing with opinions on social media.
Agreed. I was definitely one to question where his head was at early on in the season but I was hoping for it to get sorted out as a rebel. His potential is great. I’m disappointed it won’t be with us but I’m rooting for him. I think as he matures he will be special. Hopefully he has some good direction over there.

I think his O is above average for being a freshman. D is lacking. I do think he should of gotten more PT. Will be able to show off his abilities in a small conference . Power 5 he would have a hard time getting on the floor. Maybe in 2 years he can transfer there.

All the Rebels have to do is push the ball at all times. Up the tempo. Quit playing the half court game. Just play “Las Vegas ” ball. It’s what the T & M crowd has been waiting for….for many years.

Yep. Know your audience.

You do realize that was exactly what they tried to do last year.

They played a style of defense that prioritized turnovers, and was a very good transition offense team often converting on fast break opportunities even when they didn't have the numbers.

The problem was that defense became scouted and almost completely ineffective by mid year, and we had a very poor half court offense.

It is always so much easier to slow a team down rather that speed them up. You have to be able to convert in the half court to have any sort of success.

Here's a crazy idea.

How about we have a defense that is really good at preventing the other team from scoring? And how about having a half court offense that also is good at scoring?

We have athletes. You can always emphasize pushing in transition. Just don't give up easy buckets as a sacrifice for a few extra turnovers.

You do realize that was exactly what they tried to do last year.

They played a style of defense that prioritized turnovers, and was a very good transition offense team often converting on fast break opportunities even when they didn't have the numbers.

The problem was that defense became scouted and almost completely ineffective by mid year, and we had a very poor half court offense.

It is always so much easier to slow a team down rather that speed them up. You have to be able to convert in the half court to have any sort of success.

Here's a crazy idea.

How about we have a defense that is really good at preventing the other team from scoring? And how about having a half court offense that also is good at scoring?

We have athletes. You can always emphasize pushing in transition. Just don't give up easy buckets as a sacrifice for a few extra turnovers.
It seems CKK needs to improve on adjustment s. As we all know he is new to being a head coach. I believe he is still learning on the go, but he definetly needs to show it this year. IMAO he will be a good head coach its a matter of when and where he will be. Hopefully next year he shows a big improvement.

It seems CKK needs to improve on adjustment s. As we all know he is new to being a head coach. I believe he is still learning on the go, but he definetly needs to show it this year. IMAO he will be a good head coach its a matter of when and where he will be. Hopefully next year he shows a big improvement.
KK has options now at the SF and PF positions. He can now match up player by player and emphasize individual strengths vs opposing team defense. We need all of our 6'6 guys to be able to pass and finish. We are on the right path with this squad as it fits into recruiting needs for 2024

KK has options now at the SF and PF positions. He can now match up player by player and emphasize individual strengths vs opposing team defense. We need all of our 6'6 guys to be able to pass and finish. We are on the right path with this squad as it fits into recruiting needs for 2024
Yes, and do you mean Hill, Keylan, Lu Rod, Shane and maybe even Whaley. I think Whaley could even play SF if he needed to. A lot of versatility with these players.

I really like that kid Dent at New Mexico. Damn, he's good as a frosh can't hopefully he will improves as a Soph.

All the Rebels have to do is push the ball at all times. Up the tempo. Quit playing the half court game. Just play “Las Vegas ” ball. It’s what the T & M crowd has been waiting for….for many years.
Lol, Kruger ball is slowing it down. Looks good against Christian Tech though.

Might be an unpopular opinion but I think when it’s all said and done the kid is going to very very good.
I am going to ask again, is Marcus Banks still harping his opinions to the players?

Conference yes. But excitement here….TBD……

Did he use a slimming filter?
Nope, that's how he literally looked at the end of the season. He slimmed down a lot since arriving on campus. You'd know if you didn't spend so much time hating on a college kid🤷‍♂️

Nope, that's how he literally looked at the end of the season. He slimmed down a lot since arriving on campus. You'd know if you didn't spend so much time hating on a college kid🤷‍♂️
He's going to spend 2 years at GM and dominate at that level and then jump to a P5... his size is going to kill guards in that conference

I'll be following his career. Hopefully he keeps his attitude in check and concentrates on keeping his weight down and working on his weaknesses.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT