ADVERTISEMENT

MWC Tourney

lobbybuu

Retired Number
Dec 29, 2022
What is everyone's predictions? Our side of the bracket looks more manageable and has hella potential for chaos. I think UNM beats Wyo and then upsets Utah State. We beat Air Force, upset Boise, and then beat UNM. Now before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, this is MY OPINION and I formed this opinion based on the ball bouncing our way a couple of times. It's also very difficult to beat a team three times in one season.

With that being said, we get to the chip and lose to SDSU. But if they somehow have a hiccup....

What is everyone's predictions? Our side of the bracket looks more manageable and has hella potential for chaos. I think UNM beats Wyo and then upsets Utah State. We beat Air Force, upset Boise, and then beat UNM. Now before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, this is MY OPINION and I formed this opinion based on the ball bouncing our way a couple of times. It's also very difficult to beat a team three times in one season.

With that being said, we get to the chip and lose to SDSU. But if they somehow have a hiccup....
I think it’s going to be a crazy tournament with all sorts of chaos. More so this year than any other. I think SDSU is a cut above but outside of that, I think an “upset” is manageable in the vast majority of games.

The worst part about UNLV’s road (I’d still pick it as the road to take) is that AFA is an unorthodox team - not very good, but unorthodox and they’re mature. So you can’t prepare ahead for Boise and Boise will prepare for UNLV primarily. And UNLV has a short turnaround to prep for Boise. Now these are more tweaks than a wholesale prep; they faced each other twice. I honestly don’t think Boise is anything but mediocre to good, they’re certainly below SDSU and very beatable.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
SDSU vs Utah St in final. Locks up 3 teams in MW minimum. They'll do anything they can to preserve the top 3 like always. It will seem chaotic because everyone is inconsistent or bad but will follow relative chalk.

SDSU vs Utah St in final. Locks up 3 teams in MW minimum. They'll do anything they can to preserve the top 3 like always. It will seem chaotic because everyone is inconsistent or bad but will follow relative chalk.
100% the MW wants at least 3 teams in. We saw how the refs were up in Reno. They’ll give Utah state and Reno every available chance to advance in the tournament.

Reactions: NSU67
That’s one of my conspiracy theories every year.

But it doesn’t usually go the way I envision it.

If there was ever a season where scouting your oppositions team was a useless waste of time, its this one. I dont think playing AF matters one way or another before playing boyze.

I sure hope we will be playing BSu, last time it took luck to be able to beat AF.

SDSU struggling with CSU. Only up 1 with 3 minutes left. I would hate to see them lose and Reno gets a cake walk to the Finals.

Reactions: RebelScrub
4 out of the last 5 championships have been Utah St vs SDSU. Everyone knows SDSU is top of the conference but Utah State is the only other consistent team in the conference. We may think they are overrated and underperform in the NCAAT but they know how to handle business in the MW tourney.

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Rebel702
4 out of the last 5 championships have been Utah St vs SDSU. Everyone knows SDSU is top of the conference but Utah State is the only other consistent team in the conference. We may think they are overrated and underperform in the NCAAT but they know how to handle business in the MW tourney.

Yes, Yes and No! I think it's more of the rest of the League not stepping up their Play. Can't wait for their Traditional 1st round exit in the NCAA Tourney.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT