ADVERTISEMENT

MWC in the NCAA

Too much emphasis is place on strenght of ooc. Virginia is a prime example. Their ooc wa strong but they played the weakest in conference schedule im the league that inflated their conf record and final placement. They beat no one of any meaning in conference this year

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Sure, the Clemson coach is essentially arguing the same thing about the Big 12, that they inflated their metrics early to protect their conference play and allow more teams to be selected- essentially that the Big 12 is over rated but are given the benefit of the doubt from committee stacking both seeding and teams that get invited.

Reactions: caleco's
What is a unit equivalent to in regards to money?
I think 2 mil.

I think the MW was at the end of the day, properly seeded. What sucked about it is that the NCAA selectively used their own criteria for seeding. I still think Boise got robbed. Got a bit of a rough draw with Colorado.

So far the MW went chalk. UNM had a poor showing in game 1, USU had a good showing. SDSU kinda meh, but they play close games in game 1. Had an easy game 2.

UNR blew a 17 point lead with 7 min to go as an underdog. Kinda funny. Embarrassing for them, but not necessarily for the conference.

The SEC got too much credit, the ACC not enough. Perhaps same with the PAC 12.

Bottom line we should root for the MW, even if simply it helps our bottom line. All MW schools can use every penny they can get.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
What is a unit equivalent to in regards to money?
Our units are up to 10 so about $20 million. I read somewhere that the actual value of each unit will decrease per year over the 6 years because of the cancelled tournament in 2020. Had they not cancelled the tournament each unit would have actually increased each year.

From this article: https://www.deseret.com/sports/2024/03/18/march-madness-ncaa-tournament-teams-money/

"Here’s where things stand for conferences this year, per Front Office Sports, based on how many teams they have in the field and the estimated amount of money they are already guaranteed:

• Big 12: 8 bids, $16 million.
  • SEC: 8 bids, $16 million.
  • Big Ten: 6 bids, $12 million.
  • Mountain West: 6 bids, $12 million.
  • ACC: 5 bids, $10 million.
  • Pac-12: 4 bids, $8 million.
  • Big East: 3 bids, $6 million.
  • American: 2 bids, $4 million.
  • Atlantic 10: 2 bids, $4 million.
  • WCC: 2 bids, $4 million."

TY. I wasn’t sure if pre-MWC games carried over. In that case we have t pulled our own weight very well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT