ADVERTISEMENT

MWC in the NCAA

At least the MWC didn’t get the “bagel” like they usually do! Good for the other programs and the conference but I’m really all about we are doing and not concerned about others in the conference… too bad we aren’t involved in the big dance!

Yes but if you lose a 17 point lead with 7 minutes left against anyone I don’t think you have much of an argument
That is crappy coaching. On the other side if you are up by 17 with 7 minutes left with a #7 seeded team, how much would you be up if playing a #10 seed as the #7 seed?

There is hope that Utah State can win since the MWC isn't doing great. BSU and unr both showed how you can get a big lead and give it away at the end.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Is there a luckier team than SDSU...

Last year they got Furman to get into Sweet 16..
This year they get Yale
If I’m not mistaken There have been teams make the FF without playing a single digit seed? They probably are luckier. Last year SDSU was really good beat a number 1 seed along the way and made it to the Championship game.

This year they probably will make the S16 and aren’t nearly as good as last year but are well coached and tourney tested.

Hopefully Utah State takes care of TCU. The MWC needs to do a better job this year than in the past, with the exception of SDSU. BSU is an auto win for anyone that gets them! I guess it could be worse being the big bad SEC dive that starts with style and turns into a belly flop!
Fathers Day Swimming GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

Hopefully Utah State takes care of TCU. The MWC needs to do a better job this year than in the past, with the exception of SDSU. BSU is an auto win for anyone that gets them! I guess it could be worse being the big bad SEC dive that starts with style and turns into a belly flop!
Fathers Day Swimming GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos's Funniest Home Videos
Well USU showed up anyway and cruised. Kind of funny that it is the first time ever that the MWC had three different teams win a game in the tourney. Should have been 4 if Reno didn't gag. If USU somehow pulls off the shocker and SDSU wins then it will probably be viewed as pretty successful for the conference.

Well USU showed up anyway and cruised. Kind of funny that it is the first time ever that the MWC had three different teams win a game in the tourney. Should have been 4 if Reno didn't gag. If USU somehow pulls off the shocker and SDSU wins then it will probably be viewed as pretty successful for the conference.
SDSU is playing a Yale team that was lucky Princeton fell apart verse Brown. The are a far better team than Yale, and UNLV handled Princeton at home, so I believe SDSU should be able to win this game (SDSU is a 5.5 favorite). Purdue has won a lot of really close games, which tells me coaching was the difference. It will be a tough game for Utah State against a very well coached team.

SDSU is playing a Yale team that was lucky Princeton fell apart verse Brown. The are a far better team than Yale, and UNLV handled Princeton at home, so I believe SDSU should be able to win this game (SDSU is a 5.5 favorite). Purdue has won a lot of really close games, which tells me coaching was the difference. It will be a tough game for Utah State against a very well coached team.
Will be interesting to see if Yale can contain Ledee and stay hot. Ledee can't have 30 points if you're going to win

Yeah Utah winning is a long shot. Many people have Purdue winning the whole thing.

Anyone catch Josh baker on the bench for GCU. I could recognize that haircut anywhere.

Stand corrected on LeDee in the NCAAs. He's still getting away with murder defensively. And he's still selling fouls ridiculously every time he touches the ball.

Are you a ****ing idiot. That does not bode well for our conference. Cheers all you want, this loss is f*cking sucks for our conference.
LOL - People hold grudges (really 1987 a good jumpshot fuels hatred for life?) as reasons to root against teams or coaches meanwhile totally forgetting about the fact that our school receives CASH money each time a MW confernce team advances in the NCAA tourney.

RECRUITS pay attention to conferences _ the MW is considered a Major confernce right now_ kids don't even remember last year or know - The more MW teams that advance further in the NCAA tourney the better it bodes well for UNLV and their recruiting efforts.

I want our biggest rivals at their strongest we we beat them.

I want us to be better than UNR - but not by rooting for them to be losers.

I want us to win - I dont spend my energy wishing for people for lose.

Last edited:
LOL - People hold grudges (really 1987 a good jumpshot fuels hatred for life?) as reasons to root against teams or coaches meanwhile totally forgetting about the fact that our school receives CASH money each time a MW confernce team advances in the NCAA tourney.

RECRUITS pay attention to conferences _ the MW is considered a Major confernce right now_ kids don't even remember last year or know - The more MW teams that advance further in the NCAA tourney the better it bodes well for UNLV and their recruiting efforts.

I want our biggest rivals at their strongest we we beat them.

I want us to be better than UNR - but not by rooting for them to be losers.

I want us to win - I dont spend my energy wishing for people for lose.
The exception for me is byu and duke. I get a good feeling when they lose!

Purdue’s height will be an issue the whole game and they probably pull away the second half especially with the refs letting them go over the back.

Purdue’s height will be an issue the whole game and they probably pull away the second half especially with the refs letting them go over the back.
Let's see how good of a coach Sprinkle is. He is trying to speed up the game, good game plan but his team is not taking smart shots. Down 12 with 5 minutes to go in a half. Need to be in single digit

Let's see how good of a coach Sprinkle is. He is trying to speed up the game, good game plan but his team is not taking smart shots. Down 12 with 5 minutes to go in a half. Need to be in single digit
It was tied when I posted that it didn’t even take until the second half to pull away.

That’s getting your hat handed to you AND a kick in the ass on your way out the door.

The MWC will never see 6 teams again. They may struggle to get 5. The NCAA will come up with some reason like they only beat each other. One win against a big school won’t be enough the MWC better start scheduling up.

Yes. It'll be tough to continue to argue for MWC to get so many bids unless the OOC scheduling/record is just that good for the top tier teams. Although if the leagues top teams schedule better and draw better seeds they wouldn't constantly be matched up in bad seeded games.
Then again, in 2 years the entire conference and tournament might look different and the eventual merger with OSU/WSU will help add additional teams that will increase leagues NET

Reactions: Boston Rebel 2
I have no doubt that the big conferences are nowhere near as good as the NCAA make them out to be. Virginia was 3rd in the ACC and they are being curbed stumped by a mid level team in the MWC (7th in the MWC)! As a side not this is almost a home game for Virginia located 436 miles away, while Colorado State is located 1,221 miles away.
So a quarter of the sweet 16 is from the acc......

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT