ADVERTISEMENT

MWC 2 year Agreement with the Pac-12

For the new conference Utah State and San Jose State can definitely piss off. Don’t particularly want New Mexico or Boise State in either. Their facilities or academics in one way or another are filth.

For the new conference Utah State and San Jose State can definitely piss off. Don’t particularly want New Mexico or Boise State in either. Their facilities or academics in one way or another are filth.
Utah State is third fiddle in the state. Not the best market penetration.
San Jose doesn't offer much in their market. I'm sure the TV partners are aware of what that school brings to the table. My guess is that they would likely pass. But who knows, they may offer some potential. But if there is any thought that the Stanford/Cal would want back in due to the ACC breaking up, you don't want all 3.

Good choices. I would add reno to UTS and SJSU. I'm leaning to keep UNM but, I could be persuaded to drop them. Boise I would dump as well. I hate that blue turf. It just says FCS all over it. Their academics aren't up to par either.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I know people are high on SDSU but as one who supports women's athletics they disgust me. They are going to be sued by many women athletes at SDSU and with their already high athletic department debt I don't feel good about their future in our conference.

UNM is in the best market of New Mexico and has good state penetration. They travel well when good, and they have a good basketball following.
They also become more handy as a bridge school if they try to grab UTSA, Memphis, or Tulane.
Though if it stays a true western conference? Maybe not.

I still like the idea of a geographically compact conference. Having a two division conference each with a geographical identity works for me.

I still like the idea of a geographically compact conference. Having a two division conference each with a geographical identity works for me.
Absolutely. All this travel for Cal/Stanford/Washington/Oregon, etc, is going to be brutal. Not so much for just football, but more for all of the other sports.

Reactions: 220reb
UNR, UNM, BSu leave out for no other reason than I just flat out hate them. Wyoming leave out only because I have head horror stories about teams travel to there and back. The rest whatever.

Last edited:
Good choices. I would add reno to UTS and SJSU. I'm leaning to keep UNM but, I could be persuaded to drop them. Boise I would dump as well. I hate that blue turf. It just says FCS all over it. Their academics aren't up to par either.
What does it have to do with academics? With all the conference changing the days of the Pac12 academics are long gone!

Utah State is third fiddle in the state. Not the best market penetration.
San Jose doesn't offer much in their market. I'm sure the TV partners are aware of what that school brings to the table. My guess is that they would likely pass. But who knows, they may offer some potential. But if there is any thought that the Stanford/Cal would want back in due to the ACC breaking up, you don't want all 3.

Agree USU is the littlest of brothers, but I don't know if you want to get boxed out completely in a state in your region.

If we are talking a 10 team league this makes the most sense to me.

WASU
Oregon State
UNLV
SDSU
FRESNO
BOISE
SJSU
CSU
USU
Wyo

#10 comes down to UNM, AF, Reno and Hawaii

If it's 12, AF and Reno in.

I wouldn't be surprised if AF is already kicking the tires on joining Army and Navy in the AAC.

I want to continue beating reno every year. But I would like it better if they were a permanent out of conference program. I’d like even better if we didn’t have to finance their university. I m all for separating NSHE into north and south.

I’d rather build a farming college out in Pahrump than give another dime to reno.

I want to continue beating reno every year. But I would like it better if they were a permanent out of conference program. I’d like even better if we didn’t have to finance their university. I m all for separating NSHE into north and south.

I’d rather build a farming college out in Pahrump than give another dime to reno.
I don't want UNLV to get stuck with one of their few out of conference games being against unr every year. I prefer to take the entire MWC as a group. Based on what I have been reading people do not want USU, Boise State, SDSU, SJSU, NM, Air Force, and Hawaii.

That would leave Fresno State, Wyoming, CSU (shouldn't we also leave them out since Air Force and Colorado are typically better teams), and UNLV (based on the past three decades UNLV would be near the bottom of the entire conference).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT