ADVERTISEMENT

MW Tournament

rebelwithacause

Rebel Legend
Mar 27, 2002
If the Rebels get far or not (probably not)

Man what a treat - This conference is entertaining as all hell this year - definitely crazy conference.

Maybe the Rebels will perform better at the T&M with a bunch of fans in the seats ??

Its going to be crazy - Could you imagine if you didn't get tickets and this was the year they got hot and made a run and punched their ticket to the dance ?????

slight chance - really but - hey you are a delusional Rebel fan (other wise you wouldn't be here :)........ I'm going to pop up to NC in March - but if I was around Vegas - Ya'll got some fine College bball in March to witness. Get some tickets - Dont watch it at a bar - Dont be a loser..

• Haha
Reactions: RebelScrub

Man what a treat - This conference is entertaining as all hell this year - definitely crazy conference.

Maybe the Rebels will perform better at the T&M with a bunch of fans in the seats ??

Its going to be crazy - Could you imagine if you didn't get tickets and this was the year they got hot and made a run and punched their ticket to the dance ?????

slight chance - really but - hey you are a delusional Rebel fan (other wise you wouldn't be here :)........ I'm going to pop up to NC in March - but if I was around Vegas - Ya'll got some fine College bball in March to witness. Get some tickets - Dont watch it at a bar - Dont be a loser..
A bunch of fans? Doubtful, they’re not putting people in the seats for regular season. And they’re sliding fast. A month ago, I figured UNM would be back to bringing tons of fans to the Mack again but they are on the same slide as us.

Could UNLV do the ‘98 WAC impossible again? Sure they can. So can several other teams in conference.

A goal is to avoid that first round game (a seed below 5 has to play a first round game while the top 5 get a bye). That appears to be a long shot short of winning out and that might not even be enough, that’s how bad conference season has gone.

I do think it will be a highly competitive tournament. The top isn’t all that strong, the bottom is a little stronger than usual. Should be some tight games.

Dont get your hopes up for an exciting conference tournament. This league will do everything in its power to keep its 4 bid hopes alive. They will protect the top teams like they've done in the past several seasons and in turn the conference will flop in the NCAA again. Its not hard to see that watching games around the conference. The NET has people believing the conference is better than it actually is. Its just full of more mediocre teams top to bottom, outside a solid SDSU that still has a bunch of weaknesses. Games will be competitive but there's not a chance that someonone outside top 4/5 teams makes the final or a surprise winner.

Dont get your hopes up for an exciting conference tournament. This league will do everything in its power to keep its 4 bid hopes alive. They will protect the top teams like they've done in the past several seasons and in turn the conference will flop in the NCAA again. Its not hard to see that watching games around the conference. The NET has people believing the conference is better than it actually is. Its just full of more mediocre teams top to bottom, outside a solid SDSU that still has a bunch of weaknesses. Games will be competitive but there's not a chance that someonone outside top 4/5 teams makes the final or a surprise winner.
The only way the Rebels get any impactful attendance is in game 3 and 4 if they make it that far. Imo.

Reactions: TheMatrix31
Unfortunately this season has more or less been written of by the players and the fans. I do not expect any change in the head coach, so I need to pin my hopes on Kruger doing a better job of recruiting players with not just defensive but offensive skills. I believe he has the skills to be a good coach, but that doesn't matter if you can't recruit the players with the right skill set!

I'm not - I'm going to the ACC tournament - I was just trying to shed light on your dismal post season outlooks - have fun - cheers - dont watch the games at PTs

• Haha
Reactions: RebelScrub

I agree, we will see some great College basketball here. But it will be at The Dollar Loan Center Arena with the WCC

Speaking of post season, I just saw that the NIT final four will be at the Orleans arena.

It’s really sad that the Rebs have zero shot at even making the after thought of a tourney known as the NIT...let alone playing in the finals in Vegas.

If Kevin were the guy we would have at least been playing in the NIT by year 2. Basketball is a quick fix, please don’t argue BS that it’s a “slow build”.

Speaking of post season, I just saw that the NIT final four will be at the Orleans arena.

It’s really sad that the Rebs have zero shot at even making the after thought of a tourney known as the NIT...let alone playing in the finals in Vegas.

If Kevin were the guy we would have at least been playing in the NIT by year 2. Basketball is a quick fix, please don’t argue BS that it’s a “slow build”.
I'd have been OK with a slow build of there was a foundation to show for it going into year 3. There's no foundation and there might only be 1 guy left from this year on next years squad... that's my issue, and yes fast rebuilds are possible, ask Alford, Musselman, Pitino, the coach at CSU, Wyoming... etc. Entire conference feels like they've rebuilt faster around us while we use the excuse of "more time" for every mediocre season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT