ADVERTISEMENT

MW reaches "deal" with TNT, will air games on their networks this season.

dcut03

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011

So I have no idea if this will do anything to the existing TV contract. Technically turner is a part of CBS, or more accurately the other way around. The article has no mention of any changes in terms of compensation with this deal.

Also worth noting, there will be zero UNLV games this season with these networks.

I would imagine that could/should increase payouts. Would we offer these games up for free? Or is it just an extension of the CBS contract? Unknown.

So I have no idea if this will do anything to the existing TV contract. Technically turner is a part of CBS, or more accurately the other way around. The article has no mention of any changes in terms of compensation with this deal.

Also worth noting, there will be zero UNLV games this season with these networks.

I would imagine that could/should increase payouts. Would we offer these games up for free? Or is it just an extension of the CBS contract? Unknown.
I was wondering about that also. You would think that it would add to the overall amount of money coming into the conference, so then it would be added to the pot that gets divided between the whole conference.

It is interesting that UNLV, Boise State and Hawaii are the only teams not playing on the TNT network. Says a lot about the popularity of UNLV football this coming year!

Reactions: LVRebel2000
It is interesting that UNLV, Boise State and Hawaii are the only teams not playing on the TNT network. Says a lot about the popularity of UNLV football this coming year!
They mostly favor SJSU and NM as they weren't getting much air time with the current MWC media partners. TruTV will at least pick them up otherwise they may have been destined for the MWNetwork. SDSU will also get picked up by TruTV vs Texas A & M - Commerce. It's just their third year as division 1. I wouldn't expect much revenue from this programming.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT