ADVERTISEMENT

MTE in November

Glendale. I don't see why these early season tournaments have to be referred to as MTE (Multi Team Event) because we all ready know Men's basketball tournaments have more than one team and often have.....wait for it..... multiple teams.
A game between two teams would technically qualify as a multi team event!

Reactions: Meister_Rebel
A solid boost to the schedule. Our schedule should be pretty good again. Even an upgrade from last year.
The issue isn't the overall schedule, the issue is they typically play the best games either out of town or at other local facilities and thus not part of the season ticket package. They need to work at upgrading the home schedule.

The issue isn't the overall schedule, the issue is they typically play the best games either out of town or at other local facilities and thus not part of the season ticket package. They need to work at upgrading the home schedule.
Yeah I know part of the reason their season ticket membership sucks.

A solid boost to the schedule. Our schedule should be pretty good again. Even an upgrade from last year.
I thought last years was pretty appropriate … aside from adding that stupid game against a division 3 JC team to fluff the “win” total by a game… it wasn’t too hard, wasn’t too easy … it fit what our team should be playing. I just don’t want to Menzies our way to a 23 win season with a 322 SOS and NET of 120. That’s just grotesque.

Last year was weird. Struggled against the lesser teams, held our own vs the better teams.

What I don’t understand: why don’t we play Butler home and home and Mississippi St home and home and draw ten thousand for each game and make some $$$, rather than play in Arizona in front of maybe a thousand people?? Countless tournaments all over the place mostly in front of empty arenas. Doesn’t make sense and is unfair to fans. But it keeps happening year after year. Bunch of idiots running these things.

I figure that many of these tournaments will start to fade. Mostly because the new NET rules really do incentivize true road games. Before playing a true road game was not worth the risk over a neutral game since they were weighted the same. Not the case anymore.
Which is why we should look for either top opponents or crappy opponents for home games. The middle is very dangerous since there is more opportunity for a bad loss.
I really hope we play more true road games druid g the rodeo. The "neutral site" game in the home city is actually the absolute worst game you can play. Since it is counted as a home game, yet you don't have the full advantages of a true home game. No reason to play these games ever again.
I take that back. You first push for true home and home, but if a top team will only play in a Vegas game away from the T&M you still play them.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I thought last years was pretty appropriate … aside from adding that stupid game against a division 3 JC team to fluff the “win” total by a game… it wasn’t too hard, wasn’t too easy … it fit what our team should be playing. I just don’t want to Menzies our way to a 23 win season with a 322 SOS and NET of 120. That’s just grotesque.

Last year was weird. Struggled against the lesser teams, held our own vs the better teams.
I definitely thought last year's schedule was pretty reasonable. No issues with it. It appears they are kicking it up a notch this year. Not a huge notch but still decent. If we make up that Dayton game as well then this schedule is definitely on the tougher side.

I figure that many of these tournaments will start to fade. Mostly because the new NET rules really do incentivize true road games. Before playing a true road game was not worth the risk over a neutral game since they were weighted the same. Not the case anymore.
Which is why we should look for either top opponents or crappy opponents for home games. The middle is very dangerous since there is more opportunity for a bad loss.
I really hope we play more true road games druid g the rodeo. The "neutral site" game in the home city is actually the absolute worst game you can play. Since it is counted as a home game, yet you don't have the full advantages of a true home game. No reason to play these games ever again.
I take that back. You first push for true home and home, but if a top team will only play in a Vegas game away from the T&M you still play them.
Only if it is included in the season tickets. Tired of UNLV playing in other local venues that are not included in the season ticket package. They always play the bad teams at the T&M and it appears that a lot of the good teams are played outside of the T&M and not included in the season tickets.

Only if it is included in the season tickets. Tired of UNLV playing in other local venues that are not included in the season ticket package. They always play the bad teams at the T&M and it appears that a lot of the good teams are played outside of the T&M and not included in the season tickets.
I don’t know the answer but is it because they can’t get some schools to play a true road game but are willing to play off campus? Not that UNLV is a powerhouse at home or the atmosphere is even decent so it probably doesn’t matter

I don’t know the answer but is it because they can’t get some schools to play a true road game but are willing to play off campus? Not that UNLV is a powerhouse at home or the atmosphere is even decent so it probably doesn’t matter
Personally I think this is still just leftover from the "old way" of doing things. I think some of these games are agreed upon more than 1 year in advance and everyone is used to the old way an have not adjusted to NET yet.

I can see why a good team would try to push to a game away from the T&M, especially now. We have done that in the past, we have a lot of alternate venues, and we have a need to play away from the T&M due to the rodeo.

But we need to smarten up. Especially during the rodeo. Kevin was quoted as having "more road games". I hope that's what we do during the rodeo. It is also during finals, so having a lighter schedule those couple of weeks isn't a terrible idea anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT