ADVERTISEMENT

Mildly Disappointed

Pistol Pete 1

Retired Number
Sep 22, 2008
I was really hoping to see TS close the deal right away on the JC guys he had in over the last weekend. Really thought when the QB came aboard that would open the floodgates but it has't materialized yet. We really need some quality guys that can step in and contribute at a high level right away. Has anybody heard how the visits went?

I know what you mean. I thought he would have blasted heyreb a few more times than he did. However, I have learned to expect the unexpected with this guy. I think his class will surprise us, in the good way. More so than last year.

I was really hoping to see TS close the deal right away on the JC guys he had in over the last weekend. Really thought when the QB came aboard that would open the floodgates but it has't materialized yet. We really need some quality guys that can step in and contribute at a high level right away. Has anybody heard how the visits went?
I think it went as well as expected. When Stanton's Championship game is over this week, I suspect that he will be one of our main recruiters with the JUCOs he met. They bonded pretty well.

I think it went as well as expected. When Stanton's Championship game is over this week, I suspect that he will be one of our main recruiters with the JUCOs he met. They bonded pretty well.
Just locked up another recruit a little while ago, a SF/LB.

As for the recruits visiting this past weekend there were I believe 10 total. 3 were already committed with Holt, Adams and Wimberly. They locked up Stanton, which was the most important. Not sure but the other guys may have other visits lined up. Hard to blame them taking advantage of free trips. We had a couple guys visit UNLV last year who had no intention of committing.

I get wishing a few more had given their verbals, but it is still early in the process. We are way ahead of last year, so thats a positive.

Reactions: Sam-I-am
Way ahead? We had one person last year at this time, light years ahead. I look forward to next year with the added depth, QB, and a year under the belt of all the young players this year.

Take it easy lots of time let the man do his job. It will take us more than a couple of years to build but we are definitely on the uptick. The most important was the QB Stanton signing. He'll keep bringing in guys and let the cream rise to the top year in and year out.
I am not disappointed at all. UNLV won't be the place you go to because it was the only place some guys could play Div I ball, Coach TS is bringing guys in that will compete that's just his nature.

I am well pleased with the recruiting and verbals. The talent and physical capabilities of this group are by far the best I have seen in many years. I am totally pumped over the QB. It appears many holes are being plugged, greater depth, and immediate impact players. I am ready for fall!

Last edited:
Reactions: bcvegaspt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT